It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Council Member Despot Gets Owned! - Tries Throwing Out War Vet With CCW Permit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
You assume my comment was directed in the direction of look how many leave upon discovery of a concealed carrier

I actually didn't get that impression at all from your post, so I apologize for not clarifying that. Perhaps it had something to do with your avatar. When I say "some, here", I mean... "some, here".

ETA: I guess I was just pointing out something you may have missed, since you were the first to bring it up, and just as predicted, "some" were bound to run with it.
edit on 25-1-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't see how he got "owned" or why people are upset that he left.

He has an opinion and he stood up for what he believes in. He doesn't believe a council meeting should be a place where people are armed, I agree with him.

He didn't make a scene, he didn't do anything illegal or improper. He made a motion, it failed, so he removed himself from the situation to stand up for his beliefs.

I love how pro gun people are trying to vilify this man for standing up for what he believes...isn't that what you guys say you are doing?

The fact that he was trying to break the law doesn't matter to you does it? I suppose you think it's alright to break a law if you don't agree with it. So if guns were banned, it would be alright to own one if you didn't agree with that law?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And apparently a lot of the taxpayers at the meeting left right along with him...seems like more people agreed with him than you are trying to pass off. Another member counted, 22 people at the meeting at the start of the video, 5 people after the councilman walked out after the armed man refused to leave.

Wow there captain obvious you have zero idea why they left. They could be going to get their guns for all you know. Making a lot of assumptions there. Perhaps they left to go tell the rest of the town that the asshat councilman no one likes got his lunch handed to him by a citizen and stomped out.

If you look at the people that left when he did, I would say he is a pretty damn good leader. The fact that the majority of people attending the meeting left with him suggests to me that it is those that voted against the motion that aren't doing the will of the people.

How many people live in the town...? You think those in the seats represent the majority of the town or just those in attendance? You have no clue neither do I perhaps they were all his family members there for moral support?

And btw, Another member posted this video in a different thread as an example to why guns shouldn't be allowed in council meetings.

Do you honestly think that the man who entered the building with the intent to gun down the town council would be deterred by a no guns allowed policy? I suspect the murder vs. gun charge debate might have swayed him to stand down? How many meetings happen every day in America with untold numbers of CCW holders in the audience without incident? One dip # does not a trend make...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

If you look at the people that left when he did, I would say he is a pretty damn good leader. The fact that the majority of people attending the meeting left with him suggests to me that it is those that voted against the motion that aren't doing the will of the people. Seems like this thread is backfiring on you guys. And btw, Another member posted this video in a different thread as an example to why guns shouldn't be allowed in council meetings.

First off, the guy in your video was apparently an unstable man, the guy in the first video was cool, calm and collected, and was truthfully admittant he had a firearm.
Secondly, the guy in the OP was a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, whereas the guy in YOUR video had ADMITTED to having been in prison, and not LEGALLY ALLOWED TO HAVE THE FIREARM.
Lastly, if firearms WERE allowed in the chambers, chances are there would have been someone in the chamber with LEGAL firearm, and taken him down the first time he started waving his weapon, so youre incorrect

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Here's the message I sent the Mayor:

I watched the video of the council member making an illegal motion to disarm a citizen of his 2nd amendment rights and I would like to take a minute and applaud you for your actions and words.

It's refreshing to see you not only know the oath you took but you take the oath seriously. (ps- how sad is it that it's refreshing to see ANYBODY take oaths seriously anymore?)

As for your fellow council member, he should be ashamed. Not only for attempting to disarm an American citizen from his legal and constitutional right, but an American hero of all people.

Thank you again and keep up the good work.

Here's where I sent it:
www.oakharbor.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by herndo

Did the same, everyone else should too as well.
When you get to the top drop down menu, pick QUESTIONS FOR THE MAYOR

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by herndo

Nicely done!

I hope all Mayors are this realistic and sensible. It was awesome that he called out the Nazis who were too scared to remain.The lawyer seemed to have it together, too.

Good for this town. I hope this video goes viral and the people who don't want the citizens to have guns can stand down. If citizens exercising their right to conceal carry fighten you, you're more than welcome leave the country.

Edit to Add: Loved the attorney's name, too.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnkydad
I live in this city. It's been all over Facebook, and it's been talked about extensively at work. Its also got a lot of buzz in the whidbey news site.

Hmm and it only has 23,000 hits

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
wow! The guy who left doesn't understand the difference between a good guy and a bad guy.

im glad a majority of the counsel can see that the veteran was a sincere good guy. but apparently fighting for your country and practicing those rights you were told you were defending is looked down on by some... im glad that it isn't everyone who feels like that. Also very pleased with the mayor apologizing at the end. Wish there were more people like that. (who actually take their oaths seriously.)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

The guy who left doesn't understand the difference between a good guy and a bad guy.

Yes, I agree.
Psychopaths usually have a lot of trouble distinguishing between the two.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Awesome, its finally good to see some headway being made in standing up for our rights. I was getting inundated with videos and stories to the contrary so this was very good to see.

FLAGGED!
edit on 25-1-2013 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

The fact that he was trying to break the law doesn't matter to you does it? I suppose you think it's alright to break a law if you don't agree with it. So if guns were banned, it would be alright to own one if you didn't agree with that law?

How is he breaking the law? Please explain this to me.

He made a motion to remove a perceived threat from the meeting. If you think making a motion...any motion...is against the law, you are sadly mistaken.

Your logic is a bit off.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

He made a motion to remove a perceived threat from the meeting.

At least the man who was a perceived threat to our Constitution removed himself from the building. I'm afraid he would've had to have been tasered had he tried to resist being physically removed from his position.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Wow there captain obvious you have zero idea why they left. They could be going to get their guns for all you know. Making a lot of assumptions there. Perhaps they left to go tell the rest of the town that the asshat councilman no one likes got his lunch handed to him by a citizen and stomped out.

They sure as hell didn't stay to support the CCW guy.

I would leave too, you can romanticize about war vets all you want as them being noble heroes...but a lot of them are screwed up in the head. There is absolutely no reason to be armed at a council meeting, I would choose not to associate myself with people like that as well.

Do you honestly think that the man who entered the building with the intent to gun down the town council would be deterred by a no guns allowed policy? I suspect the murder vs. gun charge debate might have swayed him to stand down? How many meetings happen every day in America with untold numbers of CCW holders in the audience without incident?

It doesn't matter how many meetings happen with people having guns.

People have the right to demand that people not carry guns in certain places if they choose to. If this guy has a paranoia issue, a ego issue, or just feels like his penis is too small...I'm sorry, but it doesn't give you the right to bring a gun into a place where it makes the majority of people feel uncomfortable.

If you don't like that people want gun free zones, tough, deal with it. Your "2nd amendment right" doesn't give you a free pass to trample other peoples rights to dictate what they will and won't allow. You want your gun, fine, stay at home with it and carry it around all you want.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

He made a motion to remove a perceived threat from the meeting.

At least the man who was a perceived threat to our Constitution removed himself from the building. I'm afraid he would've had to have been tasered had he tried to resist being physically removed from his position.

What made him a threat to the Constitution?

Was he going to take that mans gun away from him?

The 2nd amendment does not give people the right to carry their gun anywhere they please.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That is classic. I love how the guy is all scared and leaves.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Sorry for my confusion
I'm in no way anti 2nd amendment or anti gun
I personally believe that an armed populous is needed in order to counter tyrannical governments
I personally believe and armed US populous is in all our best interests ( worldwide ) against a tyrannical, out of control US gov or UN
In my youth I did question your right to bare arms
However through my employment, life's little lessons, history and current events, now believe
YOU MAY BE OUR BEST HOPE

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

People have the right to demand that people not carry guns in certain places if they choose to. If this guy has a paranoia issue, a ego issue, or just feels like his penis is too small...I'm sorry, but it doesn't give you the right to bring a gun into a place where it makes the majority of people feel uncomfortable.

Actually - no I can carry a weapon wherever I want unless prohibited by law. I could care less if anyone is scared or offended by it. You probably come into daily contact with numerous people who are carrying a weapon and never even know it. A good many of them war veterans. Is it more scary knowing it’s there or not knowing?

You've already proven to me in your thread about the Constitution granting rights that you have no clue how the American Republic works so I’ll not debate it further with you. I’ll Just let you know that I feel you and people like you are more dangerous with a keyboard and voting privileges than I ever will be with a handgun.

They sure as hell didn't stay to support the CCW guy.

How do you know they didn't leave in protest?

I would leave too,

Of that I have no doubt... Kind of sad really.

you can romanticize about war vets all you want as them being noble heroes...but a lot of them are screwed up in the head.

I doubt you know anything at all about war or it's veterans. When was your last combat tour?

Originally posted by xedocodexThere is absolutely no reason to be armed at a council meeting,

There is also no reason not to be, he has a CCW license what makes him less dangerous outside the room on the street than in the room?

I would choose not to associate myself with people like that as well.

Indeed - fear is a powerful emotion for some...

edit on 25/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but it doesn't give you the right to bring a gun into a place where it makes the majority of people feel uncomfortable.

1. Did the man appear to be a threat before everyone was made aware that he had a piece on him?
2. I feel more comfortable knowing that I have control of my piece all the time. I would never feel safe leaving it in my vehicle or entrusting it with the security guy at the door. How do I know he hasn't been having a bad day? Why would a gun be safer anywhere else but in the hands of its responsible owner? An owner who has gone through special gun training and has the knowledge, tool(s), and ability to get the upper hand if a dangerous situation were to occur before cops were able to get on the scene.

Concealed carry is not done to make people uncomfortable. It's a responsible choice for those who know this world isn't all soft and cuddly and would prefer to be ready to act in an emergency situation.
Besides, most of the time, if someone is intending on doing great harm with a firearm, they usually aren't going to bother concealing it. Or at least not for long. They certainly aren't going to act as calm, cool, and collected like the man in the video.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What made him a threat to the Constitution?

Was he going to take that mans gun away from him?

He was requesting that a licensed gun owner should be disarmed where there is no perceived threat or larger sums of money laying about. A man with a license to carry showed up for a chat. Why should I assume he's a crazy lunatic who's going to blow my head off because he's trigger happy in my mind?
Answer me this: When you are near someone getting into their vehicle and hear them crank up the motor, do you automatically assume that they're going to try to run you over?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join