It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nex Target = Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just flicked throught the channels this morning and got stuck a bit on CNN when the comentator was talking about Women in combat. One expert began wondering if it is wise.
Loosely quoted: "The next thater of engagement is Iran and we know how brutal Iran treats it female prisoners. With constant rape ...etc.."
This reminds me of a small "goof" few days after 9-11 when the same CNN was talking about attacking the Taliban in Afghanistan. While they explained the "difficult terrain" they showed for a good 30+ seconds the map of Iraq.
I almost use CNN as some kind of "Oracle". Their little "goofs", "Freudian slips" and so forth usually become pretty bloody reality a few month or years later. it's mostly outside guest comentators who have the habbit of making such comments that then become reality. However often so minute that they almost drown out int he flood of other comments and statements.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Pack of bloody vvankers, thats all I've got to say about CNN. The rest of them are just as bad also. They all spew the same crap all day and I'm sick of seeing the shat that comes out of their lying mouths.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I dont like them but it is kind of starnge thats these side comments and goof ups of showing wrong maps, wrong pictures and so always seem to have an actual reality attached to them few months down the road.
It's almost as if some slight of hand artists asks you "If you caught the trick?"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, there's your recruiting tactic: Liberate the oppressed women of Iran! Patriotic Gurl Powur! Enlist now! Lay waste to another country!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Well that is one issue. My main concern is why is it alqays CNN that has this cunning "coincidences" of "freudian slips" becoming reality?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I too saw the story allowing women in combat roles. The first thing I thought is a bigger pool of military personel. What are we gearing up for that we need more service men and women? Another interesting story I saw was the India story warning of a nuclear attack. Oh o, getting scary, what is everyone building up for? Now N. korea is testing more nuclear missle capablities? Is this what India is worried about? A nuclear attack from N. Korea? Things are starting to get crazy out there! Last I saw a story on Iran controlling the stright of Hormuz! I was so happy when gas prices in my area got down to $3/gallon. I recently noticed that they were back up to $3.20?gallon and thought what is driving prices up again? I then saw that story about Iran controlling the stright. Maybe Iran is not just falunting another lie. Maybe Iran really does control the straight and that is what is driving gas prices back up. Stuff is starting to heat up all over the world!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyarich

Well yes there are many more of these things happening. I just pointed out the blatant obvious of the admission of the next target being Iran and that the fem. soldiers might get a bit more "sexercised" than what they had bargained for if taken POW.
On the other hand I look at the 2012 hype as a distractor. So now nothing happend and all "warning voices" are considered "idiots". So nice hype for nothing. Kind of an anti climax and now we can be fed the next BS in increments.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

I'll look for a video and link it up, I haven't seen it yet..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I totally get that feeling about CNN sometimes as well, or just the MSM in general. But I tell myself they couldn't be that stupid. And I also tell myself that purposefully slipping in some of that information would be pointless, but I could be wrong, and I do not doubt the possibility one bit.

I would have labelled the next target as Iran as well, until the recent sabre rattling by China and especially North Korea. I do not trust either of those nations, I mean just look at their oppressive governments. They could field a massive army, and even though they do not have the same technologies the US has, they will cause much damage if they do not use nuclear weapons, and if they do...God help us all.

So going into Iran right now or in the near future, which would tie up the US forces drastically, would allow for one of the aforementioned nations to strike, while we have our backs turned, busy with Iran. The Iranian military is not a pushover like what was seen in Iraq, but they can not last in a long war with the US. The one lesson from Iraq that I would hope would carry over into China and NK is that of soldiers who are forced to fight surrendering. But the propaganda in these larger countries is much more severe than that of Hussein during his regime. So we could be facing fanatics.

The same thing with Iran. They are all religious fanatics over there, considering that there government is based around their religion. The ironic thing is that their religion really does teach them to not be the aggressors against any nation, and that they are only allowed to fight in self-defense, but it has been miraculously misinterpreted. That is what I do not understand about Islam...If you cancel out all of the material that is in the Bible as well as the Quran, all you are left with from the Quran is bad things. So I do not feel the religion contributed anything to the world, except for death and hatred.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe that the propaganda used could be hiding the real agenda. African countries, or using the Afican Countries as a stepping stone to who though?
France?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking Benghazi is where we are going next , just my .02

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
The Iranian military is not a pushover like what was seen in Iraq, but they can not last in a long war with the US.
====
That is what I do not understand about Islam...If you cancel out all of the material that is in the Bible as well as the Quran, all you are left with from the Quran is bad things. So I do not feel the religion contributed anything to the world, except for death and hatred.

Well the Iranians are no push over. That is for sure. In a regular war they might not last too long. However as we see in Afghanistan - how would a prolonged assymetrical one look like? And I am pretty sure they will bring the war to the enemy.

On religion, I give you all a thumbs up! My claim exactly. Religion is the excuse/propaganda/justification for man's insantiy and greed and lust for violence.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

My OP is hinging on the fact that so far as I have observed, when ever CNN "goofs" these goof-ups usually become reality in the near future. And I think they are real goof and not some deliberate disinformation or propaganda. They are never repeated int he next hour. While CNN and the other MSM is beaitng the same dead horse 24/7 at times, these goofs dont repeat themselves the next hour however. Its almost like an: "Oooops I should not have said this..." incident.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

If I remember correctly it was the just 6AM EST news.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyarich

I wouldn't say that Iran has complete control over the Straits of Hormuz,at least at present,however,if they were to actually make an attempt to blockade the straits,the US would be rubbing their hands with glee,that would be the trigger that would get them their much longed for conflict with Iran.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I get the inference, and can only speculate that subtle psywar is being used to promulgate the right attitudes in the populace.....
The information may be being dribbled out to certain individuals who slip it into the news....
I CAN tell you that a US Army PSYWAR outfit was embedded into the CNN newsroom for Iraq war, and probably have never left the newsroom since....
Propaganda against the US citizen has been legalized recently by the goverment.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You might be on to somehting. I just find it so strange that exactly those little slip ups always turn into reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Thing is that war with Iran and WW3 and all that has been the subject of numerous failed predictions on ATS over the last couple of years. It is not going to happen. It's all a tired speculation and fairly tedious when done to death so many times.

CNN and every other broadcaster make slips. People with nothing to do read so much into the odd blip by reporters who are probably gasping for a coffee or home. Like everyone should be perfect.

Regards

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Are these goof's or simply people who spend all their time professionally studying and reporting on current events in the News, stating what is obviously a possibility?

You don't need any special knowledge to know that Iran is a huge problem and that in the end action may be needed.

On Afghanistan it was a given that we would be going there and not exactly prescient. Anyone could have assumed we were going there within days of 9/11 and have been confident they were correct. When your attacked to take the fight to where the enemy is.

IMO opinion CNN and all the others are just reporting it the way they see and don't have any special insight beyond what the evidence they see leads towards.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Guenter

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Are these goof's or simply people who spend all their time professionally studying and reporting on current events in the News, stating what is obviously a possibility?

On Afghanistan it was a given that we would be going there and not exactly prescient. Anyone could have assumed we were going there within days of 9/11 and have been confident they were correct. When your attacked to take the fight to where the enemy is.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What i was referring to in the post 9-11 days on CNN was that sure it was a given that the USA will go to Afghanistan, but why then shop a map of IRAQ? This is what I am pointing at. Talk A but show B.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join