It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran Vs. Bible (And the vast contradictions between the two)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by HoneyBe

Why would God love Israel so much to call it His son on numerous accounts but Israel is mentioned in contrast to that in Quran? The further we go in this discussion the more we are seeing the contradictions in the Quran with comparison to The Bible (as a whole)

OT as its name suggest is old, a better word would be ancient. God did favour Israel in the ancient time, then however the Israel dint respond back to God in kind and OT and the NT point to that later. Qur'an just tells it all in a simplified manner. I however was hoping that we remain on track. When i agree to take Bible in discussions it doesnt mean that you have to use every verse in it to question Qur'an. I can and will answer it easily but it will be a waste of time. In short i'l just use Bible to doubt enough the christian belief. Consider me an atheist/agnostic if that helps you stay on track.

Are you changing horses in the middle of the stream?
I specifically asked you before the discussion began if you are Muslim, you said yes. So I do not want to get myself confused now trying to consider you a non-believer in God at all. Or then again, I have questioned on many accounts whether my own Muslim husband even believed in God or was he a Muslim by name only. So which are you?

OT is not old, it is like the backbone of the NT, without it the Jewish or Hebrew and others would never have known the prophecies God sent about the Messiah, God provided all the signs, the symbols, the literal things to look for and one prophet even showed us a glimpse of what would take place at Jesus' betrayal onto death. Genesis is the Alpha and Revelation is the Omega of God's voice echoed through time, nothing old or worn out about God's voice, once He loved Israel, He will always love Israel "even in their punishment" but NEVER will God abandon His love for Israel, the sooner the world accepts that, specifically the Muslim's, the better for them. God is known for sending in a punish-er on Israel and then later punishing the punish-er ten time as hard. Israel is God's beloved. Like it or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The entire agenda and purpose behind false religion is to keep the truth HIDDEN.

if you think that islam is a false illuminati backed religion, why are they bombing and killing muslims all over in the name of terrorism? Or are the super powers and corporations on the "good" christian side? Maybe the illuminati got it all wrong, they should turn around and focus on christians. Right?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

Are you changing horses in the middle of the stream? I specifically asked you before the discussion began if you are Muslim, you said yes. So I do not want to get myself confused now trying to consider you a non-believer in God at all. Or then again, I have questioned on many accounts whether my own Muslim husband even believed in God or was he a Muslim by name only. So which are you?

are you always that tangent or just here?
I said while discussing a topic dont always disect my belief based on a post i make. I put OT verses to show that God did use "son" incidently that verse puts israel as good so you ask me have i stopped believing Qur'an or that you "won" by pointing another contradiction in it. uh? Is the topic Qur'an? Its you who asked me to stay on topic if you remember. I am fine with either approach but make up your mind and at least dont knowingly go into these useless tangents.
Rather than answering me, you are diverting, hope it wont happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by HoneyBe

Things start to make more sense when you understand the true origins of all false religions.

Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society.

I am convinced that the REAL hidden purpose behind most religion is to keep us SEPARATED from God.

The root meaning of the word religion means to connect with God but religion does exactly the opposite.

The entire agenda and purpose behind false religion is to keep the truth HIDDEN.

I do not disagree! I only recently began to realize this truth, for one thing not one single Religion today is firmly rooted in the way or the truth of the Book it claims it was created by, not one. If there is even one discrepancy or contradiction between Book & Religion, then Religion is a liar and seeks not at all to follow God and/or give God the praise but rather to be followed by men/women to give "said Religion" praise.

Your avatar scared me btw...it moved!

Everything was wrong with Judaism when Jesus came on the scene and the very heart of Jesus ministry was Religion is NOT the way. And I just now went to Bible Gateway to get the exact verse for you and the verse of the day was IT! I wish I could take a snapshot and prove to you, I about fell out of my seat praising God with how He confirms everything that is true...Here is the verse~

Verse of the Day Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:24 KJV

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

OT is not old, it is like the backbone of the NT, without it the Jewish or Hebrew and others would never have known the prophecies God sent about the Messiah, God provided all the signs, the symbols, the literal things to look for and one prophet even showed us a glimpse of what would take place at Jesus' betrayal onto death. Genesis is the Alpha and Revelation is the Omega of God's voice echoed through time, nothing old or worn out about God's voice, once He loved Israel, He will always love Israel "even in their punishment" but NEVER will God abandon His love for Israel, the sooner the world accepts that, specifically the Muslim's, the better for them. God is known for sending in a punish-er on Israel and then later punishing the punish-er ten time as hard. Israel is God's beloved. Like it or not.

That was romantic! who cares about basic justice and truth not God right? And then people wonder why Qur'an makes more sense.
And talking about tangents, this above quote by you would be another example. God's love of israel? Now is that the topic?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by HoneyBe

Are you changing horses in the middle of the stream? I specifically asked you before the discussion began if you are Muslim, you said yes. So I do not want to get myself confused now trying to consider you a non-believer in God at all. Or then again, I have questioned on many accounts whether my own Muslim husband even believed in God or was he a Muslim by name only. So which are you?

are you always that tangent or just here?
I said while discussing a topic dont always disect my belief based on a post i make. I put OT verses to show that God did use "son" incidently that verse puts israel as good so you ask me have i stopped believing Qur'an or that you "won" by pointing another contradiction in it. uh? Is the topic Qur'an? Its you who asked me to stay on topic if you remember. I am fine with either approach but make up your mind and at least dont knowingly go into these useless tangents.
Rather than answering me, you are diverting, hope it wont happen.

I'm sorry...it appeared to me you were the one going off on a tangent by saying for me to consider you as an atheist or agnostic. It is important to me here that you are neither and if you go back to the OP and read the very first sentence you will see that I stand firmly on that. You want to dissect the Bible through your arguments only. And want me to view you not as Muslim so I cannot show you from your own book the differences not only within the Bible but also in your own words. That a little bit strange and also a bit unfair. Stand firmly in what you believe and defend it righteously if you know that it is true, you'll gain a lot more respect from me specifically.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

reply to post by HoneyBe

That was romantic! who cares about basic justice and truth not God right? And then people wonder why Qur'an makes more sense.
And talking about tangents, this above quote by you would be another example. God's love of israel? Now is that the topic?

I think I am done for now. You are in some bad mood or something and taking everything in the negative, this is not way to discuss, we were doing so good before today and I was complimenting you on your open mind and eagerness without being nasty to me personally, but today something has changed. Go back to how you were if you would like to continue this discussion please.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

That a little bit strange and also a bit unfair. Stand firmly in what you believe and defend it righteously if you know that it is true, you'll gain a lot more respect from me specifically.

that just simplifies discussion. I am fine with any approach, you asked me to not go deep into "Jesus pbuh is god" when we were at the surface of "son of God." i tried to take your whole belief while making points just as you were doing in few of the posts above. Hope now we cleared the ground rules and would stick to them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

You are in some bad mood or something and taking everything in the negative, this is not way to discuss, we were doing so good before today and I was complimenting you on your open mind and eagerness without being nasty to me personally, but today something has changed. Go back to how you were if you would like to continue this discussion please.

my mood is fine. It just appeared that you were knowingly going into tangents and i dont have much tolerance for that. I am sorry if i misunderstood it. Questioning my(and your husband's) faith when i was suggesting to not consider my belief was uncalled for. It was too quick and too tangent of a judgement.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

reply to post by HoneyBe

my mood is fine. It just appeared that you were knowingly going into tangents and i dont have much tolerance for that. I am sorry if i misunderstood it. Questioning my(and your husband's) faith when i was suggesting to not consider my belief was uncalled for. It was too quick and too tangent of a judgement.

You're right, it was out of line and off track, just something I have witnessed before and felt always that it's a poor argument to pretend you're something you're not, rather than standing or backing on what you are as your foundation. My thread here is finding truth, I fell much in love with Islam when reading the Quran, but two things happened to change that love to doubt, one is posted in the OP, the other is witnessing Muslim's are not bit a different than Christians and both LABELS have put God in a bad light for others, many people are disgusted enough with these two Religions that they won't come near unto God and so who is going to pay the final price? We are of course, for stamping ourselves as true believers but preaching and teaching hypocritically in God's name. (That was a tangent) I admit it, but it needs to be said here, there is nothing stopping us from being better people and letting God's light shine through us for others, it is never too late as long as we are breathing.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe

reply to post by HoneyBe

You're right, it was out of line and off track, just something I have witnessed before and felt always that it's a poor argument to pretend you're something you're not, rather than standing or backing on what you are as your foundation. My thread here is finding truth, I fell much in love with Islam when reading the Quran, but two things happened to change that love to doubt, one is posted in the OP, the other is witnessing Muslim's are not bit a different than Christians and both LABELS have put God in a bad light for others, many people are disgusted enough with these two Religions that they won't come near unto God and so who is going to pay the final price? We are of course, for stamping ourselves as true believers but preaching and teaching hypocritically in God's name. (That was a tangent) I admit it, but it needs to be said here, there is nothing stopping us from being better people and letting God's light shine through us for others, it is never too late as long as we are breathing.

i completely agree on that. I mainly discuss the same thing here on ATS. Just because the followers have become heedless and corrupt doesnt mean the religions are wrong in general. However there is hope. Things can change towards better if enough followers start taking religion seriously.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

if you think that islam is a false illuminati backed religion, why are they bombing and killing muslims all over in the name of terrorism? Or are the super powers and corporations on the "good" christian side? Maybe the illuminati got it all wrong, they should turn around and focus on christians. Right?

@logical7: You are asking some VERY important questions that cannot be answered without understanding WHO the Illuminati are and what their agenda and goals are.

At the same time Honeybe has created one of the best threads I have seen on ATS in a long time and because of this I don't want to get too far off the topic. Usually I just take a chance and post off topic sometimes but this thread fascinates me because of the fact that the OP has some very rare insight from both sides of the fence.

I don't want logical7 to think I am trying to avoid the questions because I believe he/she is very sincere but rather than go off topic I would rather take the questions to another thread or a U2U.

If another thread or a U2U is not an option, these links may help:

Jesus exposed the Illuminati
Who is at the very top of the NWO?
The Bible relates how the Illuminati was established
The missing link that connects all conspiracy theories together
The Illuminati goes clear back to the Garden

“Nothing is as it appears to be.” ~ Robert Booth Nichols

"After forty years of patient study of the crises which faces humanity, I arrived at a very simple conclusion-all conspiracies are Satanic! " Eustace Mullins

EDIT: Someone here on ATS recommended these videos very highly:

Know Your Enemy (Part 1 - Introduction)
Know Your Enemy (Part 26 - Islam & Muhammad)
Know Your Enemy (Part 27 - Allah)
Know Your Enemy (Part 28 - The Kabah)
Know Your Enemy (Part 29 - The Islamic Catholic Connection)
Know Your Enemy (Part 41 - The Illuminati)

edit on 28-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe
Your avatar scared me btw...it moved!

And I just now went to Bible Gateway to get the exact verse for you and the verse of the day was IT! I wish I could take a snapshot and prove to you, I about fell out of my seat praising God with how He confirms everything that is true...Here is the verse~

Verse of the Day Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:24 KJV

That avatar has scared a lot of people here, I get U2U's all the time because of it...

I might just change it because of that.

On the other hand, reading your post caused me to smile and made me happy for you because I have experienced that same thing many times when you KNOW God is speaking to you personally.

It is such an awesome feeling when it happens.

When it happens to me I usually end up in tears on the floor...

Also that scripture about worship is SO incredible, it reminds me of this:

"God told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking. We do not worship Him enough. You have to get alone in the privacy of your home and get on your knees and just worship Jesus, telling Him how much you love Him and appreciate Him. So I did. And after a few weeks, suddenly, God began to speak. After a while, Jesus began to appear to me. He would just walk in my room like an ordinary person and sit and talk to me."

Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God in Your Life

Also if you follow the links, you will find an awesome video on worship by Norvel Hayes.

This video also relates to worship VS religion:

“We just don’t want to come to the end of our lives and realize that we were playing a game.”

Series Playlist

I hope this somehow relates to the Quran and the Bible...

Surely it does because I think of Muslims I think of WORSHIP...

They LOVE to worship which probably explains WHY so many of them are experiencing supernatural encounters with Jesus.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The more time I spend with God, the more I am learning he speaks to our hearts more than any books....

Sometimes there may be a message in a book, or even a movie, song, or a poem that he may highlight for us if we need it, but generally he speaks through my heart I have learned, and things are MUCH clearer and a lot less frustrating...

I am gaining inner peace and an automatic conscience again, instead of measuring everything I do or do not do, against a passage in a book, or the eyes of religion...

I find my choices are becoming a lot wiser now that I have stopped bargaining about what I may get away with according to a doctrine, and instead following my heart.

My heart is probably a lot stricter, yet so much more free and full of love now...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hidingthistime
The more time I spend with God, the more I am learning he speaks to our hearts more than any books....

Sometimes there may be a message in a book, or even a movie, song, or a poem that he may highlight for us if we need it, but generally he speaks through my heart I have learned, and things are MUCH clearer and a lot less frustrating...

I am gaining inner peace and an automatic conscience again, instead of measuring everything I do or do not do, against a passage in a book, or the eyes of religion...

I find my choices are becoming a lot wiser now that I have stopped bargaining about what I may get away with according to a doctrine, and instead following my heart.

My heart is probably a lot stricter, yet so much more free and full of love now...

Yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!!!!

I have been through just about every religion, read the bible in and out too many times, read the quran a few times, tried it all, and they all left me feeling empty or trapped....

If "the truth shall set you free" then I would say, "the truth being written on our hearts" to be as true as it gets.
edit on 29-1-2013 by mellisamouse because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
abna.ir... .. .What do you think?.. .

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

@logical7: You are asking some VERY important questions that cannot be answered without understanding WHO the Illuminati are and what their agenda and goals are. At the same time Honeybe has created one of the best threads I have seen on ATS in a long time and because of this I don't want to get too far off the topic. Usually I just take a chance and post off topic sometimes but this thread fascinates me because of the fact that the OP has some very rare insight from both sides of the fence. I don't want logical7 to think I am trying to avoid the questions because I believe he/she is very sincere but rather than go off topic I would rather take the questions to another thread or a U2U. If another thread or a U2U is not an option, these links may help:

i do want your answer, maybe you could in a single post, either that or i'l be happy that you make a thread. I have watched the series "know your enemy" a few years back. I cannot trust everything it said as its made from a biased viewpoint although it has some good information. This question is on topic so you could answer here,
if Jesus pbuh did expose illuminati, what illuminati did once he ascended? Did they infiltrate the disciples, the church, changed scripture to make people get away from the real God?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

honeybee
if you are married to a man who practices Islam,
how did you get to take a picture of yourself like
this and post it on the internet?

won't you get into trouble if discovered?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

S&F, for a well-written post, on an important topic. Too tired to list other discrepancies right now, but wanted to weigh in on your options. I will go with #4. That seems to fit the stuff I have read and heard, and well, it feels right. A liar, on his own, he might or might not have been, but he wasn't educated enough to come up with all he did without help. Demons can appear as "angels of light", and isn't that what we are told Mohammed saw? From what I have read about that encounter, it was far from angelic (unfallen), and more demonic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join