It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran Vs. Bible (And the vast contradictions between the two)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
*First and foremost this topic is for those who either believe and follow the teaching of the Bible, or those who believe and follow the teachings of Prophet Mohammed (Quran/Hadith/Islam) *

1. Gabriel, an angel of the Lord who is mentioned by name in two books (Daniel and Luke) in the Bible. And mentioned as the angel who delivered the Quran recitations to Prophet Mohammed. (I also believe this angel is mentioned in other places within the Bible but not by name, but by description of his title of authority under God's Kingdom-which I will elaborate on later)

Gabriel was written in Luke as the angel who delivered the message to Zacharias that he would bear a son and name him John. And again in Luke the angel Gabriel was sent to Mary to deliver the message she would bear a son and his name was to be called Jesus (KJV is used in this post) And these are the exact words the angel
Gabriel spoke to Mary (regarding Jesus):

(Luke Chapter 1:30-32)
30- And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31- And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32- He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

2. This is the message delivered unto Prophet Mohammed from angel Gabriel to Zacharias
(Surat Maryam 19:7)
[He was told], "O Zechariah, indeed We give you good tidings of a boy whose name will be John. We have not assigned to any before [this] name."

And to Mary-(regarding Jesus)
(Surat Maryam 19:19-22)
19-He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy.
20-She said, "How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?
21-He said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.

And later verses about Jesus:
(Surat Maryam 19:34-35)
34-That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.
35-It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

*So pausing there*

We can already clearly see the discrepancy. Same supposed Angel Gabriel, delivering very similar messages but with one BIG flaw.

In the Bible the angel Gabriel tells Mary Jesus shall be called "the Son of the Highest" but in Quran the angel Gabriel say's it is "not befitting for Allah to take a son"

As a Believer in the Bible as the being the Holy and anointed Word of God and therefore using it to discern (wisdom) Then clearly something is not right here.
1. The Angel Gabriel is a liar
2. The Angel Gabriel was telling the truth initially, but fell somewhere between 1BC and 700AD.
3. Mohammed was a liar.
4. The entity that delivered the message to Mohammed was a liar and identity thief.

So *IF* The Bible is correct and legitimate (which I believe it is) Then right here in these few passages above we are given the wisdom to know that Islam is not a Religion ordained by the same God who sent forth the Bible.

This is only one, of the many discrepancies I have found so far, but one of the most obvious and crucial to all of us who believe or want to believe in the True God, one and only God.

I welcome any help here and if I need to submit links to the above Bible passages and Surat please let me know. But what are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh no!! I posted in the wrong place, I'm sure! Please can someone assist? I truly apologize.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.
Ammo for my spiritual gun.
S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe
Oh no!! I posted in the wrong place, I'm sure! Please can someone assist? I truly apologize.

The mods will move it to the forum that they think it goes in.

The reason there are contradictions between the bible and the quran ... Muhammad 'borrowed' from the Christians and jews and zoroastrians, mingling them together, but he also put his own spin on things and changed a lot of the meanings. For example .. the stories he made up about Jesus (600+ years after the events in Jesus life) totally took away the divinity of Jesus, whereas in bible scripture (first hand eyewitness to the life of Jesus) it is clearly there.

Basically .. in modern terms ... it was just a lousy cut and paste job by Muhammad that caused the contradictions between the two.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

As a Believer in the Bible as the being the Holy and anointed Word of God and therefore using it to discern (wisdom) Then clearly something is not right here.
1. The Angel Gabriel is a liar
2. The Angel Gabriel was telling the truth initially, but fell somewhere between 1BC and 700AD.
3. Mohammed was a liar.
4. The entity that delivered the message to Mohammed was a liar and identity thief.

What is the point of such an assumption that the Bible is correct?
There is a reason why both christianity and islam exist.
Both are patches on the old book because some people didn't like it.

So *IF* The Bible is correct and legitimate (which I believe it is) Then right here in these few passages above we are given the wisdom to know that Islam is not a Religion ordained by the same God who sent forth the Bible.

Isn't that obvious regardless of the Bible being true or not?

I welcome any help here and if I need to submit links to the above Bible passages and Surat please let me know. But what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is quite pointless. No one argues that these two religions are different. That's why they exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The bible is no more trustworthy as the "infallible" word of God than the Quran is. Both were written by humans for humans to legislate their morals, and control them. IMO.

Also IMO, is that this never actually happened. So the story is going to be different, and have variables from culture to culture. It is a handed down myth, nothing more.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't know...see that's why I wanted to talk about this, it is something I really have struggled and prayed about for a long time. I am not sure if Mohammed was lied to, or if he was genuine but someone/something lied to him. It goes so much further than what I've provided so far, but I had to start somewhere and be as direct and brief as I can whilst still keeping the balance there.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and responding.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
SUN SON SUN-GOD SUNDAY

the Bible does what it is intended to, guide you to worship the SUN.

Maybe Jesus was real, and maybe he came with a message, but the Romans did what they do best, incorporate things into their culture/empire and so paganism is seen all over the bible
edit on 23/1/2013 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

My thoughts are that this is quite pointless. No one argues that these two religions are different. That's why they exist.

Are you serious?? This is one of the biggest world or Religious disputes of our time! These Religions are night and day! Even with just a slight glance of observation they are nothing alike. To you it is pointless but to millions of others within these two belief systems it is VITAL!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
The bible is no more trustworthy as the "infallible" word of God than the Quran is. Both were written by humans for humans to legislate their morals, and control them. IMO.

Also IMO, is that this never actually happened. So the story is going to be different, and have variables from culture to culture. It is a handed down myth, nothing more.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

That is your opinion. But this topic I did write more so for those of us who do believe the Bible to be the infallible word of God and/or the Quran to be the true message of God. Believing one of these to be true can be the only way to supply the faith or insight into these discrepancies. Otherwise believing your way, of course it's all a waste of time. Thanks for responding

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

If you want to go with him being an innocent victim of some evil spirit telling him fables and seducing him with power and glory then that kinda goes along with what was said about "Satanic Verses'. (IMHO) If Muhammad was told wrong things by liar spirits and he bought into them in one area, then that puts ALL of what he claimed into an area that is questionable. The Satanic Verses theory says that Muhammad was easily deceived.

I don't give him that kind of pass ....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Are you serious?? This is one of the biggest world or Religious disputes of our time! These Religions are night and day! Even with just a slight glance of observation they are nothing alike. To you it is pointless but to millions of others within these two belief systems it is VITAL!

Please reread my post.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes I have considered that one as a possibility but for some reason I personally *but fearfully* (of God) lean more toward the possibility that Satan posed as the Angel Gabriel and delivered the message of the Quran to Mohammed. The reason I do lean more toward this, is that for something so big as Islam to be on the world stage today, there must be something Biblical written and/or warned about it. And it does line up with many warnings stated in the Bible., which would make Prophet Mohammed the "false prophet" if this is the case or truth. And if it is in fact true, then it is something every "Christian and believer" and even many non-believers have been waiting for to appear, which would in this case, tell us it is already present among us.

And just to clarify some things...I've been under Islam now for 4 years. Slowly coming out and seeing the error and the truths.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

I re read your post. I still cannot find anymore to respond to than what i already have. I apologize if I am mis-reading or missing something you said that I should respond more to. I gather though you do not believe the Bible is the infallible word of God, so there is not much I believe you can contribute to this thread. I'm sure we have commonalities, but this area we will just disagree and get side tracked to the topic and what it's intended for.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I read the Quran during Desert Storm and I have my opinions, ones that would certainly see my head rolling around a soccer field.

IMO, falsehoods could have found there way into the Bible, but I would rather believe most of the Bible and little to nothing found in the Quran. From what I've read, my understanding is that Islam is a violent and intolerant theocracy that combines religion, politics and war.

I'd rather believe in a forgiving God that came to earth as a human to sacrifice his life in order to save our souls than a god that says it's OK to lie, cheat, steal, torture, enslave and kill all unbelievers. "Conversion by the sword" or total genocide, that's pretty much Islam in a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

I think you need to read his post a bit closer. I think he is saying exactly what your saying and it's pointless to make a thread about because nobody disagrees that they are night and day.
Also klassifide said something about the infallible God.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

HoneyBe.
This is a courageous thread for you to pen.
There are other differences in the comparison of the two books.
Thank you for pointing out what I consider the primary difference.
Christians believe that Jesus is God and the Son of God made man.
Islam believes he was a prophet.
Islam also understands that Jesus said He was the Son of God.
Islam also believes that Prophets do not and cannot lie.
This is a very basic discrepancy in Islam that is often overlooked.
I am a Catholic.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Christians are overwhelmingly excited and eager to
study early scrolls and manuscripts of the most
ancient copies of the Bible.

Islam scholars however are unconcerned and indifferent to
older copies and manuscripts of the Quoran which have
been found in Turkey and other places.
There are large discrepancies between the current
Quoran and ancient copies.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

There is another argument for Qur’anic inspiration, however. Muslims sometimes claim that the Qur’an is so masterfully written, so brilliant and awe-inspiring in every detail, that it could only have come from God. Indeed, this argument comes from the Qur’an itself: And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant [Muhammad], then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful.[1] And this Quran is not such as could be forged by those besides Allah, but it is a verification of that which is before it and a clear explanation of the book, there is no doubt in it, from the Lord of the worlds. Or do they say: He has forged it? Say: Then bring a chapter like this and invite whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.[2] Say: If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Quran, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others.[3]

www.answering-islam.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

On numerous occasions, Jesus predicted that he would rise from the dead: From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.[11] When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life."[12] Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life."[13] Jesus also predicted his resurrection when his enemies challenged him to provide a sign: Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?" Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."[14] Jesus’ listeners later realized that the temple he spoke of was his body.[15] Additionally, the Apostle Paul used Jesus’ resurrection as proof of the Christian message. In Acts 17, Paul says that God "has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising [Jesus] from the dead."[16] Putting this argument into logical form, we arrive at the following:
Premise One: If Jesus rose from the dead, then his message was from God.
Premise Two: Jesus rose from the dead.
Conclusion: Therefore, his message was from God.

www.answering-islam.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join