It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneaky Scum Doctor Probes Teen about Guns in Home- While Parents Out of Room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Apparently this is from the Chicago Tribune:

"I felt uneasy, but I stepped out so my son wouldn't be embarrassed," she told me, saying she figured they would ask drug and alcohol questions. Sam doesn't take drugs or alcohol, she said.

Later that day, Sam told her what the doctors had asked him.

"By the way, Mom," she recalled him saying, "when you were out of the room they asked me if we had any guns in the house."

Infuriating, but I can't give you a direct link to the story cause it is a paid editorial.

and also:

"Now, with all this gun control legislation (in Illinois), I'm angry for many reasons," she said. "Why are they asking about guns in the hospital? Are they mandated by Obamacare to do so? Can they ask a minor about guns without a parent in the room? I'm really upset."

Advocate spokesman Mike Maggio told us he couldn't discuss this case for privacy reasons, but that gun questions are "not part of our protocol. It is not routine in any way. And it's not a standard practice."

Later Tuesday, Insley said she received a telephone call from Dr. Mark Butterly, head of the hospital's pediatric residency program. She said Butterly told her that it is indeed standard practice.

But you can see the story is there:
www.chicagotribune.com...

So whoever is signed up perhaps can give us a summary if there is anything else.

But I dunno if I want to HEAR anything else. I don't need to hear anything else. This is fricken outrageous, and 2nd amendment rights sure the hell ARE being infringed. This is total BS. They want war. I am convinced of it.

WTF business is it of your damn doctor to be asking that question? There's a fricken CAR in the house right? CARS KILL CHILDREN TOO.

So tell me, Mr. Doctor, you gonna report me for having a God damn CAR now too?

WHERE DOES THIS BS END???

Un fricken believable.

edit on Wed Jan 23rd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Time to go find a new doctor. If the doctors want to participate in Obama's criminal agenda, they can do so at the expense of losing their patients.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Saw that coming.

Individuals taking it upon themselves trying to root out condemning information.

How long before this turns into neighbors reporting neighbors with accusations of mental health issues or gun related concerns. God forbid that the government glorifies peoples attempts to identify supposed "social dissidents"….

Just had a strange thought….Well not so strange as logical. If the government wanted to push this anti-gun agenda further, they would glorify/create a scenario in which a heroic doctor or member of public reported a suspicious person and potentially saved hundreds of lives to further enact additional policy that promotes public surveillance.

Slippery slope my friends, slipper slope.

edit on 23-1-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So the self righteous pigs are already enforcing the NY laws in other states?

I never left any of my children under age with their pediatricians or doctor by themselves.

Anyway, what will the doctor do if the child said they did?, deem the teen antisocial, depressed and treat him with medical drugs? and then make sure the Authorities restrict the rights of the parent to have guns?

I have to laugh at this one, you know why? because this is going to be an everyday procedure in medical offices around the nation, mostly by the pigs that think they are enforcers of the law thanks to NY.

edit on 23-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, they asked "o you get good grades in school? Do you get bullied?", too.

Always just guns, guns, guns.

So what? Is it only possible for an US-american man to be a man with a gun?

Is this some macho-thing going on - "look, my barrel is loooonger and wider than yours! And you should touch it, it is sooooo smoooth, as I tend to caress it daily with oils and fluids!"?

Stop being so childish. The rest of the world can get rid of its government, too - without weapons. Just look at the former German Democratic Republic. Completely overthrew their government, not a single shot needed. Why do you think that it would have to be different in the USA?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Is this some macho-thing going on - "look, my barrel is loooonger and wider than yours! And you should touch it, it is sooooo smoooth, as I tend to caress it daily with oils and fluids!"?

Stop being so childish. The rest of the world can get rid of its government, too - without weapons. Just look at the former German Democratic Republic. Completely overthrew their government, not a single shot needed. Why do you think that it would have to be different in the USA?

We like our guns though.
We are pretty proficient with them as well.
Welcome to our Hood

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

And thank GOD for the second amendment in America.

Is not a darn business of any doctor to ask such a question to an underage teen.

Plain and simple and NY laws should be stick on Blomberg's mob stinky butt, now, that's an example of a Nazi wanna be with dreams of grandeur.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Anytime I went to the hospital they asked me if I there were "violence in the home, alchohol abuse, drug abuse etc." or other questions like that. They ask this to everyone, at least minors... The last time I went was when I was 17, so I'm not sure if they ask that to adults.

It's not like they could make you answer anyway.

edit on 23-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

We like our guns though.
Welcome to our Hood

Well, then keep them. What are you afraid of?

Better to ask: What would you do, if there was a law banning your weapon? Would you really, REALLY open fire at any law-abiding sheriff or officer knocking on your door? Really? You would shoot at Bill, whom you knew your whole life for taking your gun?

That sounds incredibly stupid, maniacly insane and rightout dangerous.

Look, I know you had a civil war and before that you had to fight the British. We all know that. We all know, too, that there are separatistic forces (without real force, of course) who would let "the south rise again".

These are no causes for further gun laws allowing people to keep monstrous killer-machines in their homes!
You want protection? Take a handgun. Much easier to handle inside your home.

And much more important: SECURE YOUR GUNS! DAMNIT! Buy a locker with a sturdy lock and keep your guns in it, out of the reach of your children.

Even in that article it is said that guns should be kept out of reach for children - what is wrong with that?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Texas...here....yep....what resoe26 said.........

ya see....we're in the land of the wild wild west....with our guns...it's how the west was won. but note:
we read the Scripture to get our authority over oppression and evil.....we know that it says....and get THIS...
we will have to submit, the Scripture states that by the evil ones sorcery...SORCERY....we will be made to submit. we know ahead of time....We're sharp as they come....we have been told all things ahead of time....
it's all covered....all the details of every little mundane thing that could happen in life....READ IT
edit on 23-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 23-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And thank GOD for the second amendment in America.

Is not a darn business of any doctor to ask such a question to an underage teen.

Plain and simple and NY laws should be stick on Blomberg's mob stinky butt, now, that's an example of a Nazi wanna be with dreams of grandeur.

Why are doctors allowed to ask "do you get good grades in school? Do you get bullied?", as stated in the article? Because there is a good cause to it! Read the whole article.

"According to Insley, Butterly told her the staff began asking such questions in October. This apparently follows a report from the American Academy of Pediatrics published Oct. 18 recommending that pediatricians ask gun questions as part of patient history.

That October report sites firearms as one of the top three killers of American children and reasons that questions about availability of guns would allow medical staff to tell parents to keep guns out of their homes, or at least out of children's reach."

edit on 23-1-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

We like our guns though.
Welcome to our Hood

You two are focusing on a different issue here. The concern is that individuals are taking it upon themselves to actively seek out information that could lead to government/law enforcement involvement.

Gun control is not the topic at hand here, it beyond that. People’s privacy and integrity are being willfully scrutinized without consent or oversight under the guise of public safety.

edit on 23-1-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Do you live here? Are you planning to live here? If no to both, it's really none of your business is it? How 'bout we start ridin' your ass about Hitler? Got your SS uniform neatly pressed and ready? See how generalizing a whole population works?

Now for something complete different.
So far, I haven't been asked about guns in the home and I have monthly doctor visits. When/If they do ask, I'll tell them it's none of their business, that it has no bearing on their treatment of my disease [RA] and I won't say yes or no. My kid's doctors have never asked us to step out and I won't if asked. If they insist, I'll walk out and find a new doctor.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by resoe26

Texas...here....yep....what resoe26 said.........

ya see....we're in the land of the wild wild west....with our guns...it's how the west was won. but note:
we read the Scripture to get our authority over oppression and evil.....we know that it says....and get THIS...
we will have to submit, the Scripture states that by the evil ones sorcery...SORCERY....we will be made to submit. we know ahead of time....We're sharp as they come....we have been told all things ahead of time....
it's all covered....all the details of every little mundane thing that could happen in life....READ IT
edit on 23-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 23-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

Aaaand this is one of those postings which make me wonder who would like the poster to have real weapons in his/her hands.. Don't take offence, please, but if I would see a person on the street, muttering to himself like that while handling/caressing his weapon, I would definitely like to see a police-squad subdueing him...
There is something deeply worrying in that influent stuttering.

But hey, its 'murica, buy a gun!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I raised two teens to adulthood and never were my children asked about anything beside their medical problems at all in their pediatricians office, no even at school where my son had some problems with behavior during his school years, never I have been asked by my doctor about any personal problems I have and I am 52 years old.

So this new tactics are something that is happening now and we need to put a stop on it or will make stupid doctors into judges and executioners.

edit on 23-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Do you live here? Are you planning to live here? If no to both, it's really none of your business is it? How 'bout we start ridin' your ass about Hitler? Got your SS uniform neatly pressed and ready? See how generalizing a whole population works?

So far, I haven't been asked about guns in the home and I have monthly doctor visits. When/If they do ask, I'll tell them it's none of their business, that it has no bearing on their treatment of my disease [RA] and I won't say yes or no. My kid's doctors have never asked us to step out and I won't if asked. If they insist, I'll walk out and find a new doctor.

Give em HELL DAVID!!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

*yawn* yeah, and its like asking about your slaves.. Neither funny nor especcially politically correct. ANYWAY, onto ..

Sure, why answer that? I am quite sure that they would never question the parents - childrens reactions to this kind of question is far more revealing, even if the kid denys everything.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Doc over stepped the boundries by asking home information...
You don't go to the doctor to divulge information on material possessions...
You go there for health.

WTH... is this doc an aspiring investigator?
did he choose the wrong profession?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

for all we know deutchman... Your grandpappy could have been a stupid Nazi.
But I can say that there are many here that were not descendants of slave owners.
Nazi party controlled all of Germany at one point. did they not?
eff the riech

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Saw that coming.

Individuals taking it upon themselves trying to root out condemning information.

How long before this turns into neighbors reporting neighbors with accusations of mental health issues or gun related concerns. God forbid that the government glorifies peoples attempts to identify supposed "social dissidents"….

Just had a strange thought….Well not so strange as logical. If the government wanted to push this anti-gun agenda further, they would glorify/create a scenario in which a heroic doctor or member of public reported a suspicious person and potentially saved hundreds of lives to further enact additional policy that promotes public surveillance.

Slippery slope my friends, slipper slope.

Yep. It's amazing how they repackage these types of things and so many people just don't recognize it. I wonder what the people of Berlin are thinking in these times?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join