It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneaky Scum Doctor Probes Teen about Guns in Home- While Parents Out of Room

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I understand what you're trying to do, but words have meaning. You can't just decide what a word means on the fly, it has an agreed upon meaning.

You're saying that the word interrogation is not to be taken literally in Morg's post? When someone else posted right after that it now standard practice for doctors to do this. In other words, doctors have officially started questioning(the literal definition of interrogate) children about guns in their house. Whether or not it IS standard practice now, is up for debate, but regardless, this situation 100% describes interrogation, by definition.

Also, there was no personal attack from me, I just said you'll have to try harder, which it looks like you still need to do. A basic understanding of words can go far in an argument.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

When we use the word interrogation we all know exactly what we mean when we say it - and it's not the mere asking of a question nor are we trying to insinuate the absolute literal definition of the word you have posted there either. The use of that word previously posted by Morg there was to create nothing but exaggeration and the wrong image of what happened. There was no interrogation at all. To say there was is laughable.

So come on now, that argument is extremely, terribly weak to say the least.

Let's just say it's an "enhanced information gathering technique". Does that work better?
edit on 24-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Cure: train your kids to give the doctors a blank stare, and say "Guns? No, we have no guns - but we DO have a blender. Do you need a blender? Why do you need a gun? Should we be worrying about you? Do I need a different doctor?"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The plan is pretty clear I guess. If they can't take the guns, they are going to try to limit who can buy them, and if that means labeling you crazy for life the government is all for it.

The fact sheet continues: “Doctors and other mental health professionals play an important role in protecting the safety of their patients and the broader community by reporting direct and credible threats of violence to the authorities. But there is public confusion about whether federal law prohibits such reports about threats of violence. The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits these reports in any way. “Doctors and other health care providers also need to be able to ask about firearms in their patients’ homes and safe storage of those firearms, especially if their patients show signs of certain mental illnesses or if they have a young child or mentally ill family member at home. Some have incorrectly claimed that language in the Affordable Care Act prohibits doctors from asking their patients about guns and gun safety. Medical groups also continue to fight against state laws attempting to ban doctors from asking these questions.

Notice how they say "doctors and other mental health professionals" I don't know many if any doctors that are also mental health professionals.
Also, they are saying that a doctor can violate his Hippocratic oath in the name of "safety."

www.newsmax.com...
edit on 24-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We're going to need an attorney with us, for doctor visits in the future.

I keep remembering to the movie Airplane, where the pilot asks a boy if he likes gladiators. There is something twisted about asking teens about their personal lives when the parents are out of the room.

But there are some questions that would make sense to ask a young man, like if they ever started any fires or hurt small animals because those behaviors are traits found in actual bad people.

Another twisted question I was asked once was about my income level. The "authorities" wanted to know how much money I had and my living conditions at home. You know that cash for clunkers incentive program a while ago? I keep thinking they're pushing another gun removal program on the population.

There used to be a phrase on coins: Mind your own business. I'm going to have to use it more in the future.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Just wait until public school teachers start questioning children in class about guns in their home.

"Now class, I would like for you to draw a picture of your home. Do you have any guns there? If you do, then draw what they look like! If you don't, then that's okay, just draw something else."

great way to get info

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's as simple as this. Lets look at how long guns have been around and the fact that children have been around guns for a long time. Why is this an issue now you say? Very simple answer for those simple minded out there... because the effin' media has made it an issue. There has always been the danger of a child mishandling a gun and hurting himself or others. I'm convinced the reason it has happened so much in recent years is because parents are not introducing their kids early and educating them and/or showing them that it is bad to touch them unless mommy or daddy are around. You forget that children are most gullable so if you instill the fear early then they will grow up to have the utmost respect for firearms there for less likely to even get near them until the appropriate age where a parent deems its ok to show them how to use it.

I don't believe parents leave guns within reach of children on purpose, things happen. If the kid knows about them and is educated early then it will not even be an issue... But yes please people keep the damn things locked up and have a secret stash for all of your amo even fully loaded clips.

It does not make any sense at all to take everyone's guns away for the few bad apples out there.

So what you smart dumb people are saying IT'S OK TO TAKE CELL PHONES AWAY TOO RIGHT? Being that its only right , because people texting and talking while they drive far surpass gun deaths.
edit on 25-1-2013 by beastnwokillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

There used to be a phrase on coins: Mind your own business. I'm going to have to use it more in the future.

This is one of the things that needs to happen. Nosy people need to be told off so often that they're the ones who feel intimidated when they think of poking their noses where they don't belong. It won't solve this problem all by itself but one of the reasons this has happened to begin with is that people have become a bunch of pushovers who are terrified to stand up for themselves even if all that involves is simply telling someone to mind their own business.

It has gotten to the point to where people only feel safe in numbers. The lady with the big mouth in Dr Phil's audience wants the whole world to know exactly what she thinks...as long as the rest of the crowd applauds when she's done. No one wants to be the one to step out of line and risk the retribution of the crowd. It's hard to blame them because if you don't have the intellectual, psychological and oratory skills to back up your opinions, a hundred idiots can make you look like a fool any day.

We need to turn this thing around so that the safety of numbers is on our side. So that you are not going out on a limb when you tell someone to mind their own business. You should not have to explain why you don't want the Stasi in your face when you go to see the doctor. Or anywhere else.

edit on 25-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Originally posted by resoe26

Well, they asked "o you get good grades in school? Do you get bullied?", too.

Always just guns, guns, guns.

So what? Is it only possible for an US-american man to be a man with a gun?

Is this some macho-thing going on - "look, my barrel is loooonger and wider than yours! And you should touch it, it is sooooo smoooth, as I tend to caress it daily with oils and fluids!"?

Stop being so childish. The rest of the world can get rid of its government, too - without weapons. Just look at the former German Democratic Republic. Completely overthrew their government, not a single shot needed. Why do you think that it would have to be different in the USA?

We like our guns though.
We are pretty proficient with them as well.
Welcome to our Hood

Well, then keep them. What are you afraid of?

Better to ask: What would you do, if there was a law banning your weapon? Would you really, REALLY open fire at any law-abiding sheriff or officer knocking on your door? Really? You would shoot at Bill, whom you knew your whole life for taking your gun?

That sounds incredibly stupid, maniacly insane and rightout dangerous.

Look, I know you had a civil war and before that you had to fight the British. We all know that. We all know, too, that there are separatistic forces (without real force, of course) who would let "the south rise again".

These are no causes for further gun laws allowing people to keep monstrous killer-machines in their homes!
You want protection? Take a handgun. Much easier to handle inside your home.

And much more important: SECURE YOUR GUNS! DAMNIT! Buy a locker with a sturdy lock and keep your guns in it, out of the reach of your children.

Even in that article it is said that guns should be kept out of reach for children - what is wrong with that?

Look I can respect you for your outside perception on America, sometimes its hard to see whats going on from the inside, the fact remains however, our 2nd amendment right not only ensures our right to bear arms, but to have a well formed militia in the case of a tyrannical government, these rights are here for the American people to fight a government wanting total power, In Germany you had a crisis like this yourself, the mans name was Adolph Hitler, who is not much different from our own president Obama.

Before Hitler made his first move of war, what did he do? He bought peoples trust and took away their only means to defend themselves, their guns. You werent around then I'm sure and neither was I, History repeats itself, and things in America are looking more and More like nazi Germany by the day, there are camps being built, right now as we speak, to house innocent americans taken into custody by the patriot act, which is real and is implemented, Indefinite detention of Americans without trial or representation. The reason we need our guns and our militia is because none of what is going on in america is idle coincidence, This has been planned for years and years, and now that the powers that be are so close to their goal, there will be no peaceful opposition, there will not be officals, and senators, and bureaucrats peacefully announcing to the public
" Hey we've been screwing you, we were extremely sneaky about it and most of you had no idea, but we've been screwing you and because of all these peaceful people asking for the truth and wanting their country back, were just gonna resign and walk away, and the people of america can set things right as they see fit."

I'm sorry but even a blind man could see thats not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That doctor better have had a real good reason for this. If they felt there was a threat, I could see it. Define feel there is a threat though...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
so, i'm curious ... if this is a 'reasonable' interrogation (not), why are they specifically excluding parents ? what purpose does it serve to engage the imagination of children for the purpose of 'flagging' thelr parents ?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I want that doctor to come ask one of my boys. See what happens. No e of your damn business and my boys will tell you the same. Unfortunatly not all kids are taught the same way

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Is there a history of mental illness in that household that the doctor had concerns about the son's welfare? The doctor is within his scope of practice to question the boys safety if there was a reason to suspect he was in danger. If there was no reason to question it than yes it is out of line. But if there is a reason to question his safety then the doctor is within his scope of practice to ask relevant questions regarding his safety.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fettman89

Originally posted by resoe26

Well, they asked "o you get good grades in school? Do you get bullied?", too.

Always just guns, guns, guns.

So what? Is it only possible for an US-american man to be a man with a gun?

Is this some macho-thing going on - "look, my barrel is loooonger and wider than yours! And you should touch it, it is sooooo smoooth, as I tend to caress it daily with oils and fluids!"?

Stop being so childish. The rest of the world can get rid of its government, too - without weapons. Just look at the former German Democratic Republic. Completely overthrew their government, not a single shot needed. Why do you think that it would have to be different in the USA?

We like our guns though.
We are pretty proficient with them as well.
Welcome to our Hood

Well, then keep them. What are you afraid of?

Better to ask: What would you do, if there was a law banning your weapon? Would you really, REALLY open fire at any law-abiding sheriff or officer knocking on your door? Really? You would shoot at Bill, whom you knew your whole life for taking your gun?

That sounds incredibly stupid, maniacly insane and rightout dangerous.

Look, I know you had a civil war and before that you had to fight the British. We all know that. We all know, too, that there are separatistic forces (without real force, of course) who would let "the south rise again".

These are no causes for further gun laws allowing people to keep monstrous killer-machines in their homes!
You want protection? Take a handgun. Much easier to handle inside your home.

And much more important: SECURE YOUR GUNS! DAMNIT! Buy a locker with a sturdy lock and keep your guns in it, out of the reach of your children.

Even in that article it is said that guns should be kept out of reach for children - what is wrong with that?

Look I can respect you for your outside perception on America, sometimes its hard to see whats going on from the inside, the fact remains however, our 2nd amendment right not only ensures our right to bear arms, but to have a well formed militia in the case of a tyrannical government, these rights are here for the American people to fight a government wanting total power, In Germany you had a crisis like this yourself, the mans name was Adolph Hitler, who is not much different from our own president Obama.

Arrgh! *cringe*
Hitler? Compared to Obama? REALLY?
No. Just.. No.

There is no comparison.

Before Hitler made his first move of war, what did he do? He bought peoples trust and took away their only means to defend themselves, their guns. You werent around then I'm sure and neither was I, History repeats itself, and things in America are looking more and More like nazi Germany by the day, there are camps being built, right now as we speak, to house innocent americans taken into custody by the patriot act, which is real and is implemented, Indefinite detention of Americans without trial or representation. The reason we need our guns and our militia is because none of what is going on in america is idle coincidence, This has been planned for years and years, and now that the powers that be are so close to their goal, there will be no peaceful opposition, there will not be officals, and senators, and bureaucrats peacefully announcing to the public
" Hey we've been screwing you, we were extremely sneaky about it and most of you had no idea, but we've been screwing you and because of all these peaceful people asking for the truth and wanting their country back, were just gonna resign and walk away, and the people of america can set things right as they see fit."

I'm sorry but even a blind man could see thats not going to happen.

The idea is to keep weapons to be able to fight the "bad" government?
Really?

This idea has a certain charme to it, lets take a look a revolts against governments all over the globe, shall we?

First, we have the peaceful revolts: East-Germany, Poland, each of the former members of the Warsaw Pact. No weapons used. Victims: about zero.
Then, we have the medium-peaceful revolts: Tunesia. Victims: nearly zero.

Then, we have the revolts with both sides using weapons: Egypt, Syria, Lybia. Victims: Too many to be counted.

I see some kind of a trend. You CAN overthrow your government without weapons. Otherwise, there will be blood.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wonder why the UN and Doctors havent asked about all the Partial Birth Murders allowed by law every year . Guns are allowed by law why ask about them . How many thousands of children coming out of the wombs are suddenly poked in the brain by an object , killed and surgically removed from the accomplises womb . That is PREMEDITATED MURDER and occurs every day in mass numbers . Where is the outcry by the UN and President there ? Guns must be removed from the people to inflict the UN AGENDA 21 on us because we will not like it .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join