It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATER GUNS, when bullets run out SHTF

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by strafgod

Oops meant ditch. Haha

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

one of these and modify the spray lance.

Also a refillable fire extinguisher that you can compress with air.

Spud guns, spuds will be abundant they grow like weeds.

rig this up to your car if cars are still usable, spray large crowds with pepper spray.

edit on 24-1-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Interesting. The idea would be feasible for a short term solution. Just remember that these toys are just made out of plastic and glue. Certain chemical combinations could easily degrade the plastic or the adhesive that keeps them together. Nothing worse than your own weapon backfiring and leaking all over you.... Then think about the safest way to fill it without exposing yourself to your "ammo"

Time to build one out of schedule 40 PVC much like the first one depicted in the OP. Simple syringe type action...

Hmmm Its winter and I have nothing to do in my workshop.... This could be fun.... A dual purpose water toy...

I suppose you could also modify a Potato Gun to shoot some other form of wide spreading ordinance....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Les Stroud stressed in his duel survival special that bullets should be considered as a last resort. Theres a box for fifteen bucks that gives you up to 550 last resorts. Needless to say, Im sure every survivalist on this forum can benifit from this thread. Thank you kindly for sharing

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Please tell me you are all joking.....

A Knife is more deadly and can cause a lot more harm that way....

Use a knife and sneak around rather than trying to shoot someone with a #ty water pistol....that's just plain ignorant....

Or you could make spear's, use your mind, it is more deadly than a water pistol.

Plus, would you really want to waste drinkable water?

Not smart IMHO.

It wouldn't have to be drinkable water. In my opinion, it wouldn't have to be water at all. Not to sound gross, but if the situation was dire enough, I would think none of us would have a problem filling an old 2 liter soda bottle with our own urine, and saving it just for the purpose of filling up a water gun. It may take a day or so, but it would get filled.

I think this is a really good idea if things got to the way which the OP was describing. Someone already recommended on here growing your own peppers to be prepared. That is a good idea as well. Grow some cayenne pepper plants, dehydrate the peppers, and save them for that purpose.

Should the time ever come, grind them up with a rock, steep them in the liquid you have available, strain with a sock as needed, and fill up your gun. It is not as effective as a real gun, obviously, but a well-placed sneak attack right into the eyeballs of an intruder would definitely shift their train of thought for a little bit, giving you enough time to run, attack, or attack and then run.

I would say make the mixture as strong as possible. And, maybe searching online for some seeds to grow your own Ghost Peppers or even the Butch T Scorpion Pepper would be the way to go for this kind of thing.

EDIT: And keep your gun filled at all times, if possible, of course... when the situation arises.

edit on 26-1-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
It wouldn't have to be drinkable water. In my opinion, it wouldn't have to be water at all. Not to sound gross, but if the situation was dire enough, I would think none of us would have a problem filling an old 2 liter soda bottle with our own urine, and saving it just for the purpose of filling up a water gun. It may take a day or so, but it would get filled.

I agree. If I were to use a water gun in my last stand of self defence the last thing I would put in it is water. You're not going to deter anyone with plain ol' water.
Well, maybe a cat...

edit on 26/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuantumForcesThatBe
Les Stroud stressed in his duel survival special that bullets should be considered as a last resort. Theres a box for fifteen bucks that gives you up to 550 last resorts. Needless to say, Im sure every survivalist on this forum can benifit from this thread. Thank you kindly for sharing

thank you, i know the idea i presented here is an extreme situation, and some people brought up the fact that why would anyone waste their own water supply...which is a good point, however i did mention that salty sea water would be used as well.

anyway the point of the thread is to get people thinking, to give them ideas that probably never crossed their minds before, and based on what ive read so far in some of these posts, some people seem to have the know how, to take a simple water gun and turn it into something far deadlier...if i can get some creative brain juices flowing with this thread , then ill take all the flame i can get.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Pepper spray gun would definitely be good!
For close range it'd be nice, and I'd recommend finding a high-pressure water gun that can fit in your coat for that.

Other things you could put in it:
-chlorine
-gasoline (if you need to destroy/damage a structure. Just don't light your match too early!)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I got ur water gun !

And a two !
edit on 28-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm going to create a makeshift weapon thread.
Ill include a reference to this thread

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've thought of this kind of thing. Not with ACID or anything that would permanently harm someone. That kind of force is overkill and psychotic.

But with pepper sprays....Then you could overpower someone and tie them up.

But people need to think out of the box, but also not become the psycho they're trying to stop.

Reread it, you said pepper spray, it was another thread that linked to this that brought up acid, and that is way too much.

Yes its actually legal here. You can't use mace, but you can make your own pepper spray and I discussed this kind of stuff with a police officer in the past. Had the idea of rigging up a water gun, the kind that really sprays out uber amounts, the expensive kinds all the kids like, but a spray tank would even be better.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join