It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy to be here - Finally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by syram
reply to post by Night Star

Hello Night Star

I like the little birdie. It looks like an owl.
But why the tears though? On your avatar.

Been through a lot and my life sucks. LOL Feeling vulnerable and that sweet elf avatar looks vulnerable too.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I also feel vulnerable some times. In my life, I have ups and downs.
I will pray that your life takes a swing for the better.
I look forward to the day when you remove the tears from the elf's eyes, and put a BIG smile on her face.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

I have a plan on how to reach 20 posts really fast.
If I say welcome to the other new members, I will be able to up the post count real quick. Will that work?

That will work...and as I am replying to this...I see that you are already there!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

thank you for your reply caladonea

Yes, I made it to 20 posts quite quickly. Now I can start thinking about my first thread!
But first, I want to take a few steps back, and think carefully about what I want to post as my first thread, because I want to make it count. I have some ideas already. I just want to think them through and do some planning.
I am really looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by syram

I'm not sure what I am going to post yet, but I will certainly stay far away from all the more serious forums, like science/technology for example. :-)

Don't ever be afraid to create threads that ask questions. Lately there has been a rash of newbies creating threads claiming to know something, but their words clearly show that they are young and arrogant, know nothing of what they're writing about, and know even less on how to conduct an intelligent conversation.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay here.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I also feel vulnerable some times. In my life, I have ups and downs.
I will pray that your life takes a swing for the better.
I look forward to the day when you remove the tears from the elf's eyes, and put a BIG smile on her face.

Awwwww, thanks so much!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Thank you Syram for join with us.Hope you will give new information and participate with us in every topics.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by syram

Don't ever be afraid to create threads that ask questions. Lately there has been a rash of newbies creating threads claiming to know something, but their words clearly show that they are young and arrogant, know nothing of what they're writing about, and know even less on how to conduct an intelligent conversation.

I certainly don't want to be the one that knows nothing of what he/she is writing about here on ATS. But the problem is this: I work a full day every day, and once home, there are always chores to be done in preparation for the next working day. So the net effect is very little time for the improvement of knowledge. I am almost at the point where I believe that working for a living makes you dumb.

Well, I guess looking at it this way, it does make sense to just create threads that ask questions, as you suggested. Or maybe I must rather just post on other people's threads, whenever I have something to add, now that I have an ATS account.

Or I must just go back to what I did before, and that is just reading the information here on ATS. Thinking about all of this now, makes me want to re-evaluate my plan here on ATS. Maybe just reading wasn't so bad after all.

jiggerj, you really made me think.
edit on 23-1-2013 by syram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And I have now successfully loaded my new Avatar that was created for me by bigfatfurrytexan in the Avatar Creations thread.

So, now everybody can see my new avatar.

Thank you bigfatfurrytexan !!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by syram

I certainly don't want to be the one that knows nothing of what he/she is writing about here on ATS. But the problem is this: I work a full day every day, and once home, there are always chores to be done in preparation for the next working day. So the net effect is very little time for the improvement of knowledge. I am almost at the point where I believe that working for a living makes you dumb. Well, I guess looking at it this way, it does make sense to just create threads that ask questions, as you suggested. Or maybe I must rather just post on other people's threads, whenever I have something to add, now that I have an ATS account. Or I must just go back to what I did before, and that is just reading the information here on ATS. Thinking about all of this now, makes me want to re-evaluate my plan here on ATS. Maybe just reading wasn't so bad after all. jiggerj, you really made me think.

I'm in the same boat as you. Work and come home exhausted everyday.

My point was, everyone has a right to voice their 'opinion', and there's not a dam thing wrong with that. Also, if someone has a background in science, you know it by their intelligent comments. But then someone fresh out of high school - slash - pizza delivery boy tries telling everyone what the spirit world is like. You know, it's just silly and immature arrogance.

I really hope you will contribute in a way that stirs our imaginations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join