It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Weather in Michigan. (Tree Just fell on my house and car)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh no USMC! So sorry to hear about the car! But, of course, glad to hear you and your family are all safe and sound!

I experienced the wind last night, too. I didn't go down in the basement but looking back, I probably should have. Lots of trees down here - but none in my yard that I can see.

I did have things on my front porch that were in my garden, in which they would have to turn a corner to get to my front porch. Pretty crazy!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Thanks. Our cristmas tree that was on the burn pit is nowhere to be seen. My yard is trashed too but what can you do. At this point all I can do is laugh because it is out of my hands. Insurance will cover it so why worry. I will have to hold a memorial for that car though. It's the only car I have ever truly loved.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The wind has been crazy here for the past 3-4 days! I'm in the Toronto area.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
The wind has been crazy here for the past 3-4 days! I'm in the Toronto area.

Stay safe there is more headed your way.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just went from St Joe to Grand Rapids and back still pretty windy and lots of lake effect from South Haven north.

Here's the last 72 hours see what airport is closest.
Past 72 hours

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
across the lake in essex county (Ontario). we lost a significant chunk of our shingles and tons of damage elsewhere on the roof. will likely have to replace (though it would need it in next few years anyway). very wild winds.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is some serious weather. I never realized wind can gust at those speeds without a major weather phenomenon like a hurricane or similar.

Glad to hear USMC family and neighbors are OK. I cringed when I saw the car though, hopefully you get new wheels soon.

Off-topic I noticed in the map you posted there's a place called "Bad Axe"

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Just saw the pictures of your car, huge tree, and you only got part of it! It would have to be the car you loved.
Still as you have said, might as well laugh, the important stuff, you and your family are safe and that is really all that matters. You mentioned firewood last night, I'd say you're set for this winter

edit on 20-1-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Holy cow people the winds here are out of control. I just had a 200 year old tree shear off and fall onto my house and car. My car is totaled but my house looks ok besides minor damage. I am in southeast Michigan. If you are in the path of these winds take cover. That gust had to have been 70 plus mph. I will post some pics when the sun comes up. Stay safe if you are in this area please.

I'm on the west side of Michigan. Was out last night around midnight. The winds were so bad that they knocked me off balance over and over. The winds even completely ripped off my front bumper which was already cracked in the middle. The wind ripped it off while I was parked! right in front of me! Just phwooomp! gone!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Last night I stayed at my cousins house in centerline, and aside from the 50mph gust and freezing weather, me, my cousin and my brother saw some weird stuff last night. My brother was outside smoking a cigarette, and he ran downstairs and said "hey guys, theres some sh-t happening in the sky right now". So we all ran back up and waited outside. He said he saw blue flashes like lightning, but it lit up entire parts of the sky for a second. Well we waited outside for about five minutes and nothing, so freezing we ran back in and studied the sky through the sliding door looking out into his backyard. After a few minutes, I saw it! It happened 4 times in a row in the same spot. So we ran back outside and waited, but it didnt happen again. This was unlike anything I have ever seen before, I know the difference between lighting and what i saw.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Jackson checking in- Yup the Winds last night were totally destructive and off the hook.
Now extreme cold is coming (dangerous cold)- Stay warm.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
Last night I stayed at my cousins house in centerline, and aside from the 50mph gust and freezing weather, me, my cousin and my brother saw some weird stuff last night. My brother was outside smoking a cigarette, and he ran downstairs and said "hey guys, theres some sh-t happening in the sky right now". So we all ran back up and waited outside. He said he saw blue flashes like lightning, but it lit up entire parts of the sky for a second. Well we waited outside for about five minutes and nothing, so freezing we ran back in and studied the sky through the sliding door looking out into his backyard. After a few minutes, I saw it! It happened 4 times in a row in the same spot. So we ran back outside and waited, but it didnt happen again. This was unlike anything I have ever seen before, I know the difference between lighting and what i saw.

Saw thew flashes too in jackson @ 3AM- Lit up my entire house (I was inside and didnt see the sky)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Pictures or it never happened.......jk

Yea, I'm in Chicago and we had some crazy artic winds blowing through... pretty bad *** stuff

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76

Did your power go off when you saw this phenomenon? I am in Oakland county and I also saw the sky doing weird things. My power went off and on 5 times. At first I thought it was a transformer but that was clearly not the case. There sure does seem to be something that is interrupting the power and it was not all just wind related. From my perspective it looked very similar to the glow ball electric thing, were you touch the glass and the current flows to your fingertips. Not sure how else better to explain it. Did you happen to catch any video or pictures?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

No power outages, just crazy weather, and the unexplainable flashes.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Lambton County here, we had lots of wind last night but oddly enough most of the damage was to the North of us and the South of us.
I am not complaining that the bulk missed us.:-)

Lots of branches down etc etc.......
To the OP when they scrap your car don't let them have the rims and tires! Hang on to them either to sell or buy another car with the same lugs and tire size.

It looks like an Imapla? Is that correct?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It is a wolfsburg edition VW Jetta. Rims and tires are brand new. I hope to salvage them but with the amount of weight that is on them they could be bent. Won't know until the tree is off of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Iwinder

It is a wolfsburg edition VW Jetta. Rims and tires are brand new. I hope to salvage them but with the amount of weight that is on them they could be bent. Won't know until the tree is off of it.

Nice looking car and I like the colour, regardless the rubber should be good to save.
I had a friend that lost his car to a collision and it was a write off insurance wise and he too just put new tires on his car.
The insurance company got really goofy with him regarding what the tires were worth, we went to the junk yard and put four flats on it and then said come and get it.....
Makes me smile just remembering that one up for my friend.

I feel your pain and I am not in any way making a joke about your storm damage and your losses...
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OK seems a bit odd here

Us Michigan people seem to be hanging together no trash just info.

Wish we could figure out why the rest just ignore us.

Maybe were too nice

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Yeah but it's nice to see so many Michiganders in one thread. We've had a few from just east of us in Canada as well. I just hope everyone stays safe as this passes. My sister in Va Beach said the winds are beginning to roll in there along with some cold weather. It is absolutely freezing here. Feels like the wind chill has dropped back below zero like thismorning. 24 hours ago it was in the 40s. It would be nice to get some more snow though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join