It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky bans cities from banning firearms

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I think it would be cheaper to buy the tools to make them. I think making them would be fun as well.

BTW did you ever see the episode of sons of guns where they tried to make a Gatling shotgun? They didn’t really succeed but I thought it was an awesome idea.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I think it would be cheaper to but the tools to make them. I think making them would be fun as well.

BTW did you ever see the episode of sons of guns where they tried to make a Gatling shotgun? They didn’t really succeed but I thought it was an awesome idea.

Nope didn't see that episode.But under 125 yards the shotgun is the ultimate weapon.That's why I would love to have one of these.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I like the aa-12 it is a great design and has very little recoil. One of the things I love about shotguns is the variety of rounds available. Dragon’s breath isn’t sold here but when I travel to New Mexico I always pick up those and some other rounds that are restricted here. There is a grenade round that isn’t available to the public I think it was designed with the AA-12 in mind. I think it makes the effective range at about 300 yards.

Here is what SOG came up with.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Agree;

Many different types of shells Flechette rounds will also take you up to 300 meters line of site.With better penetration and half the weight.

I have never shot the shaped charge shells,but have heard of them.Do you know anything about them?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Can't argue with anyone whose avatar is Marc Singer.That would be like fist fighting Chuck Norris.

What can I say? he was a total BABE, and I love the old V miniseries. A lot of lessons in that, that people these days could stand to learn! Hence the avatar.

Of course, both those guys would be on the side of the gun owners! Speaking of, if you haven't seen the new Schwarzenegger movie, it's worth the watch. Some great support for local over federal, and for gun ownership. Awesome, 80's style action, too.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

There are three types two that the military are using and one being tested.

There are armor piercing with a shape charge, fragmentation, and I heard there is one which has thermite. There may be more in development. They are military grade so I don’t think they will ever be available to civies. If I was still in the service it would have been easy to snag some as with explosives or ammo there isn’t usually much to turn in. With firing ranges or maneuvers we turned in brass but it was done by weight and there was always an allotment for loss on the field. Forth of July used to be real fun when I was in the service.

I would always bring back a bag of grenade and artillery simulators when I took leave. It was one of the perks of my MOS because we were in charge of ranges and accounting of the ordinance.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Hey I heard about the A.P not about the thermite.I wonder how the ceramic plates would hold up to the shaped A.P? What would be needed ceramic plate under Dragon Skin?.
Bet they would cut through any personal ballistic protection.

I still think a shotgun is king of the urban battlefield.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I did not miss a week of V.My favorite was Ham Taylor (Mike Ironside) now he was a tough guy.

Arnie is on my list,right behind Django,but I also want to see the new Jason Statham film "Parker".I loved him in Snatch.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Honestly I don’t think any body armor could stand up to those rounds. They keep making scarier things for the battlefield. When I was in they had a 30 MM round for the M203 that fired flachets and it was designated as a jungle clearing round. Like with many rounds they are designated for objects and not personnel like the 50 Cal is for equipment and against Geneva Convention but you can say you were aiming at a canteen it just happened to be on personnel at the time. In the current combat theaters we do not have to follow Geneva Convention rules of combat because they never signed on to it. We still follow our own combat rules like we don’t use claymores and such but we could if the government so chose. Personal I feel we shouldn’t hold back in those places if you crush the enemy they will not resist as much.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

"I come in peace,I didn't bring artillery.But I am pleading with you , with tears in my eyes:If you f*** with me,I'll kill you all! " General Mattis to Iraqi Tribes
edit on 20-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

In McDonald v. City of Chicago, ___U.S.___, 130 S.Ct. 3020, 177 L.Ed.2nd 894 (2010), Chicago resident Otis McDonald, a 76 year old (in 2010) retired maintenance engineer, had lived in the Morgan Park neighborhood since buying a house there in 1971.[7] McDonald decried the decline of his neighborhood, describing it as being taken over by gangs and drug dealers. His lawn was regularly littered with refuse and his home and garage had been broken into a combined five times, with the most recent robbery committed by a man McDonald recognized from his own neighborhood.[7] An experienced hunter, McDonald legally owned shotguns, but believed them too unwieldy in the event of a robbery, and wanted to purchase a handgun for personal home defense. Due to Chicago's requirement that all firearms in the city be registered, yet refusing all handgun registrations after 1982 when a citywide handgun ban was passed, he was unable to legally own a handgun. As a result, in 2008, he joined three other Chicago residents in filing a lawsuit which became McDonald v. Chicago.[

en.wikipedia.org...

No city in a state can ban gun ownership. It has been ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court.

If any city in Kentucky did ban guns the law would be thrown out, due to it being ruled unconstitutional. This is why Chicago had to throw out their gun "ban".

Kentucky was late. Sorry.

If Kentucky made a law saying abortion was illegal, it would be thrown out because the supreme court already ruled abortion is legal. Same exact concept here.

edit on 20-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

In McDonald v. City of Chicago, ___U.S.___, 130 S.Ct. 3020, 177 L.Ed.2nd 894 (2010), Chicago resident Otis McDonald, a 76 year old (in 2010) retired maintenance engineer, had lived in the Morgan Park neighborhood since buying a house there in 1971.[7] McDonald decried the decline of his neighborhood, describing it as being taken over by gangs and drug dealers. His lawn was regularly littered with refuse and his home and garage had been broken into a combined five times, with the most recent robbery committed by a man McDonald recognized from his own neighborhood.[7] An experienced hunter, McDonald legally owned shotguns, but believed them too unwieldy in the event of a robbery, and wanted to purchase a handgun for personal home defense. Due to Chicago's requirement that all firearms in the city be registered, yet refusing all handgun registrations after 1982 when a citywide handgun ban was passed, he was unable to legally own a handgun. As a result, in 2008, he joined three other Chicago residents in filing a lawsuit which became McDonald v. Chicago.[

en.wikipedia.org...

No city in a state can ban gun ownership. It has been ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court.

If any city in Kentucky did ban guns the law would be thrown out, due to it being ruled unconstitutional. This is why Chicago had to throw out their gun "ban".

Kentucky was late. Sorry.

Beside the point that you keep applying federal law to twist your claim.I have stated over and over that Kentucky is applying state law.

So I will just go ahead and debunk your whole claim.The following is from the supreme court transcript,on Mcdonald vs Chicago.

In addition to claiming the Second Amendment should be incorporated through the selective incorporation process, McDonald is unique among post-Heller gun cases in that it asked the court to overturn the Slaughter-House Cases, 83 U.S. 36 (1873). Slaughter-House determined that the 14th Amendment's Privileges or Immunities Clause did not apply the Bill of Rights to the actions of states (and by extension, local governments). If it had been overturned, the Selective Incorporation process may have become unnecessary, since the entire Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment, would arguably be applied to the states

Did you notice that the Slaughter-House cases WERE NOT overturned?Kentucky was not late.The case you cite does not apply to state law.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Oh, alright.

Kentucky wasn't late then.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I did not miss a week of V.My favorite was Ham Taylor (Mike Ironside) now he was a tough guy.

Arnie is on my list,right behind Django,but I also want to see the new Jason Statham film "Parker".I loved him in Snatch.

That was an AWESOME segment of the show! Always loved Michael Ironside in anything. A tough guy, indeed, the likes of which we rarely see anymore!

Haven't seen Django yet; was hoping to find some unbiased explanation for why it is so controversial. I did like Statham in The Transporter, and of course, loved both Expendables movies. Huge 80's action fan, though, so could not pass up Arnold in something new.

Wait...on topic - Go, Kentucky!
edit on 21-1-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added comment

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I figured I would post this here.

I am not one to talk about fighting the government partially because I don’t even know who the enemy is( individuals) I will say this though. I will not register my firearms and if they come to confiscate them then I will use every last bullet I have to keep them at bay depending on how long it takes them to storm my home that could be a very long time indeed. I have enough powder to reload my own shells to keep me stocked for the next 12 to 15 years with my normal target shooting. I know it sounds a bit crazy but I have lived a good life and I served my country where I took an oath. The constitution is worth defending and it is worth my life and I will uphold it till the day I die.

In other words. Come get some!!!!!

edit on 21-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: add picture

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

That was an AWESOME segment of the show! Always loved Michael Ironside in anything. A tough guy, indeed, the likes of which we rarely see anymore!

Haven't seen Django yet; was hoping to find some unbiased explanation for why it is so controversial. I did like Statham in The Transporter, and of course, loved both Expendables movies. Huge 80's action fan, though, so could not pass up Arnold in something new.

Wait...on topic - Go, Kentucky!
edit on 21-1-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added comment

jango
Thank you,(kentucky) will go foward and help defend all americans rights.God bless the commonwealth.

BTW Monkeyboy74 had a good thread on django

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I figured I would post this here.

I am not one to talk about fighting the government partially because I don’t even know who the enemy is( individuals) I will say this though. I will not register my firearms and if they come to confiscate them then I will use every last bullet I have to keep them at bay depending on how long it takes them to storm my home that could be a very long time indeed. I have enough powder to reload my own shells to keep me stocked for the next 12 to 15 years with my normal target shooting. I know it sounds a bit crazy but I have lived a good life and I served my country where I took an oath. The constitution is worth defending and it is worth my life and I will uphold it till the day I die.

In other words. Come get some!!!!!

edit on 21-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: add picture

Send me a I.M it would only take me about 12 hours I got your back.I also have likeminded friends in Tampa and Ft Myers.I lived down there for awhile. YeeeeeeeeHaw

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm absolutely shocked the number of users here supporting this law.

Purpose of Guns: to kill.

That's it, just to kill. Good or bad, it is to kill. How obvious do i need to make it, they are appliances used to kill.

Hobby, not a problem. Using it as a means of 'protection'; well Guns should never be allowed. You wouldn't have a problem other then those who hold them illegally. You shouldn't NEED to feel that you need them to protect your kids and family.

Just wait, until some kid that goes psycho goes killing some government's family or kids in another school in this state.

They never learn.

Feel free to flame, but end of the day, nobody would have imagined the massacre that has so far occurred.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind, Kentucky is home to Doublestar Corp, manufacturer of AR style rifles.

In addition to protecting their rights, they are protecting their industry.

edit on 21-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join