It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky bans cities from banning firearms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

well if were going strictly by what the constitution says then i guess all we really need to read about the 2nd amendment is shall not be infringed.... i dont see how we are in disagreement as most scotus rulings have either had pro 2nd amendment connotations or had little to no negative effect on the 2nd amendment

and if you go by what the constitution says then what ""paid off corp. judger has to say."" as you put it then those "payed off judges" are to be listened to as they are the ones who interpret the constitution and have done so for years and is a pretty integral part of how checks and balances works in this country

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

yeah pretty much what i said with my post make them all you want and in some areas you can sell them just take local laws into account

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Oh can't resist throwing in an insult eh? Well this "limp wristed" Englishman served for six years in your Navy and is living with Gulf War Illness.

i was getting a bit irritated with this thread so i logged in just for this to reply...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

o7

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I live in ky as well and let me tell you, it is not uncommon for folks in my
community to carry a sidearm at all times, guns are very common here,
hunting is one of the biggest pastimes and yes ladies and gentlemen
you can even leave your car unlocked while running into a store! lol

I am glad my state is at least ensuring our rights to bear arms are not
infringed upon, ky way be messed up in some ways but at least they
care about these rights.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Aw man, did you really have to cite the Beatles? I seem to remember them saying they were more popular than Jesus at one point. Lets leave the drug addicted brits on their island and what remains of them can be happy they had their firearms banned.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The real reason you are allowed to own arms has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, but because corporations make lots of money off of you. The government, the capitalist class, don't care about your safety, just your money.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Sorry but now you’re talking nonsense.

I will not try to talk sense to you when your incoherent at the moment please come back when your brain starts functioning and try again.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by ANOK

bear arms means carry them and if we cant make them how can we carry them.?

its part of the shall not infringe part people have been polite to you and tried to answer your questions but all it is is a bunch of troll crap from some one just trying to show up in a pro gun thread and troll the pro gun people either that or you were dropped as a child or shaken by a British nanny otherwise i cant fathom how you can be so dense or how retarded are you and seriously with all this talk of pot maybe it explains it by the fact that with all the stupid bull crap you keep spouting u must be brain damaged or higher then cheech or chong if you cant wrap your little head around the simple phrase shall not be infringed?

and if you actually wanna learn something instead of promoting ignorance try reading the federalist papers they do a pretty good job of explaining the issues and have been around for a long long time
edit on 19-1-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

...Looks like I've fallen in love again.

edit on 20-1-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What happens when America bans Kentucky cities from banning firearms?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

MY state needs a law like that! Place we live is way too liberal, for a conservative state. It is nice to see so many states, and people, standing up for rights, considering what the feds are trying to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You know that song is about Heroin right?

That or Yoko Ono, apparently. Frankly i'd go with Heroin over her any day.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yeah We didnt need you to explain but thanks for volunteering, did you explain it so you could make that dumb comment at the end? You English are SO smart, You know what nullification means,,WOW!

edit on 20-1-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Atleast we know the Beatles existed and werent some plageurized stries put together to form a one messiah mentality.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The real reason you are allowed to own arms has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, but because corporations make lots of money off of you. The government, the capitalist class, don't care about your safety, just your money.

You're not even an american. What is a turkish doing blabbering so much about gun rights? You might live in USA but why are you taking a stand like your forefathers are banging up from the grave?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Don't drink the water there in that area you're liable to get lead poisoning.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Very proud of these Kentucky. You guys are our hope. We are with you Kentucky....hold true!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Laws like these are merely symbolic gestures with no real impact. It is not as if Kentucky cities are moving to ban guns.

Whether the states will go beyond making these symbolic gestures remains to be seen. If the ATF/DHS agents come to arrest citizens falling foul of the federal gun regulations, will the state LEOs come to the aid of the citizens and arrest the federal LEOs? That will be the real test.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Aw man, did you really have to cite the Beatles? I seem to remember them saying they were more popular than Jesus at one point. Lets leave the drug addicted brits on their island and what remains of them can be happy they had their firearms banned.

Ok I can see your point!How about this Warren Zevon song redone by Hank Jr
If we just change Honduras for Kentucky torward's the end.We have a theme song,afterall we might need all three!

edit on 20-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Can't argue with anyone whose avatar is Marc Singer.That would be like fist fighting Chuck Norris.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Feds don't respect state law as proven with prop 215 in Cali. If it is federally illegal then the feds will still enforce the law in a state, even if it's legal by state law.

The Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) of the United States Constitution declares that federal laws are the "supreme Law of the Land." Hence, state court laws are inferior so long as the federal law is valid (constitutional).

When state and federal laws conflict Why does federal law supersede state law?

Yeah, but Prop 215 is about Cannabis. As far as i know, the US constitution doesn't mention medicinal herbs anywhere in it...it does mention weapons to defend against an out of control government though.

Federal law may well have supremacy over state law when it comes to non-constitutional issues...ok, it's debatable, but when it comes to the constitutional rights and freedoms, the Constitution has supremacy, regardless of the growling and barking from traitors in DC.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join