DARPA's Deep Sea Drones Will Live At The Bottom Of The Ocean--Until Deployment

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I guess we are running out of room on land to store weapons, so we are going to start hoarding flying killer robots on the bottom of the ocean.

Makes me wonder what other nations think about us putting military bases in international waters? We are really turning into one huge American military base planet. For some reason it doesn't make me feel any safer.

DARPA's Deep Sea Drones Will Live At The Bottom Of The Ocean--Until Deployment


Military think tank DARPA just announced their latest project, and it involves--yes--stashing drones at the bottom of the ocean.




posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Finally!



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret
 


I'm not gonna lie, I think this is an awesome idea!

Where better to stash your arsenal of assault drones? Now they can't be hit by land or air. Also, it adds kind of a scare tactic, like sharks in the water.

They should attach small submarine tows to a large number of these things, so that they can be delivered under water to any location, and then... just pop up out of no where.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I was thinking more of the many scientific advances we would inherently make in this project, as i am a big believer we should be looking towards the deep ocean to deal with our ever expanding population. (I hate to say SeaQuest, but yea...that would be epic for humanity.) As well as the many, many opportunities for exploration.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
I was thinking more of the many scientific advances we would inherently make in this project, as i am a big believer we should be looking towards the deep ocean to deal with our ever expanding population. (I hate to say SeaQuest, but yea...that would be epic for humanity.) As well as the many, many opportunities for exploration.


I agree but DARPA doesn't do much for humanity. There will come a time when we will run out of enemies and all this crap is going to be used on us... It's already feels like that.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That pretty much sums up most of human history brother.

In the end we have to at least acknowledge that what starts out as advanced military research all to often ends up being shrunk and commercialized for our enjoyment. A project like this is a small but necessary first step that really acknowledges the vast potential our oceans already provide. While i am all for the exploration of space and the advancement of any technology that drives us further out amongst the stars i can't help but see the many benefits and eventual necessity of projects like this leading towards greater and perhaps even more humanitarian gains.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
That pretty much sums up most of human history brother.

In the end we have to at least acknowledge that what starts out as advanced military research all to often ends up being shrunk and commercialized for our enjoyment. A project like this is a small but necessary first step that really acknowledges the vast potential our oceans already provide. While i am all for the exploration of space and the advancement of any technology that drives us further out amongst the stars i can't help but see the many benefits and eventual necessity of projects like this leading towards greater and perhaps even more humanitarian gains.


I was thinking the exact same thing.

The very infrastructure created, if this idea is expanded on, would then lead to a whole list of advancements in the area of 'underwater bases'. Then to think, if it becomes commercialized... there's a lot of real estate down there.

I wonder the legalities of purchasing property on the ocean floor.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's an interesting idea, perhaps near some small active volcanic vents for future energy production? Or vast farms kelp or sea algea (etc) to get a hand in the food market?



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret
 


This news is really not new news. Although this information is available and released through a DARPA public relations web site, The U.S. Navy and Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) have been under the mainstream media for decades. The U.S. Navy has had very large Black Projects that have literally gone unnoticed while most attention is focused on the U.S. Airforce and all of their Black Projects.

The Navy has deployed mulitiple next generation ISR submersibles for years. The information being reported is for your eyes and for foreign consumption. There are projects which have been deployed in every ocean on the planet. We own the oceans of the world. Don't you find it unusual that you rarely have seen any news regarding naval advancements? They are out there, including Sea to Air reconnaisance, which includes unmanned technology. I'm not really reporting anything new here, its just that if you have had a watchful eye or have had a pulse on Black Projects, the U.S. Navy has had a significant amount of expenditures which do not receive any attention equal to what is speculated about the U.S. Airforce. But you rarely hear about the U.S. Navy Aviation (NAVAIR) and projects like Chalk Eagle or Retract Maple (that were in the Classified (black budget) project for over a decade, but now have been declassified..........replaced by a new Classified project also sometimes referred to as Advanced Development.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Wasn't it discussed here on ATS before that the U.S. Navy is in charge of a secret space command?



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Wasn't it discussed here on ATS before that the U.S. Navy is in charge of a secret space command?

You may be referring to this?
NAVY Space Command Uncovered - Thread

....but, there is a Naval Space Surveillance System, formerly known as NAVSPASUR. or referred as part of USSPACECOM. Like I indicated, the U.S. Navy has a very insulated classified program (black). Very little is reported, and what is, is generally counter-intelligence intended for foreign consumption.

Peace!! ID



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
I guess we are running out of room on land to store weapons, so we are going to start hoarding flying killer robots on the bottom of the ocean.

Makes me wonder what other nations think about us putting military bases in international waters? We are really turning into one huge American military base planet. For some reason it doesn't make me feel any safer.

DARPA's Deep Sea Drones Will Live At The Bottom Of The Ocean--Until Deployment


Military think tank DARPA just announced their latest project, and it involves--yes--stashing drones at the bottom of the ocean.




Ernst Stavro Blofeld, is that you?



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Thorneblood
I was thinking more of the many scientific advances we would inherently make in this project, as i am a big believer we should be looking towards the deep ocean to deal with our ever expanding population. (I hate to say SeaQuest, but yea...that would be epic for humanity.) As well as the many, many opportunities for exploration.


I agree but DARPA doesn't do much for humanity. There will come a time when we will run out of enemies and all this crap is going to be used on us... It's already feels like that.


Yeah DARPA sucks. All they do is invent the internet and stuff like that. We should disarm and just invite the Chinese to takeover the country.

Oh wait Obama is already doing that.....
www.wnd.com...



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 






top topics



 
3

log in

join