It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the US must keep supporting Israel?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Reading the last page or so of posts, I see that the ongoing problem is that people believe history - and destiny - to be one-sided.

No one said that the Palestinians' hands are clean. And I don't think I've seen someone deny Israel's right to exist. Each of the two populations seems to suffer from a deep lack of understanding of the other, and a total absence of desire to understand the other. Furthermore, it seems that one cannot try to bring a balanced view without being accused of seeing the Israeli as monsters and the Palestinians as angels. It seems that the Bush Doctrine has made inroads here - "You're either with us, or you're against us."

There seems to be no place left for a balanced position that calls for each side to try to look at their own actions and understand the other.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse

Originally posted by verfed

America won the Cold War and now is a shining light to the rest of the world.

haha, say what?

Despite my support of Israel's journey in life as an American I have to say we are not a shinning light instead we are a people with good intentions and sometimes bad execution of those intentions.

We are a hostile people easy to prevoke and deadly in our resolve when we are.

I would like to quote a Japanese Admiral as proof he say the following after his attack for attacked Pearl Harbour 55 mins before the deliverance of the declaration of broken negotiations and the intention of Japan to enter into war with the US.

"I feel all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled his belly with great resolve"

This was said because even then our reputation was that, if you dont do us wrong then we are willing to let things slide, But do what Japan and Al- Queda did and watch out the dogs of war shall be loosed and believe me when I say they will not be easy to leash again. A rage as strong as that of the American people let loose to rome the earth is dangerous and uncontrolled.

America is the furthest thing from a beacon for the world to follow. We are and inpatient, and self indulgent people who when roused to war have a great need for anger management training. But our intentions however misguided at time are generally good.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join