posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:02 PM
All this reminds me how deep the hate goes between the Israelis and the Palestinians.
Here is my position:
1) Israel has a right to exist and to defend itself.
2) Palestine has a right to exist.
3) Palestinians have gone about it the wrong way, and the cycle of violence must stop.
4) To pretend that only terrorists are killed in Israeli raids is erroneous. In a military operation, no matter how well planned, there are always
victims who have nothing to do with what's going on.
5) Yasser Arafat believed in the Palestinian cause. The Oslo agreements could have led to something interesting had Rabin lived. In recent years,
Arafat has made many missteps that have not helped the peace process.
6) However, the Israeli government under Benjamin Netanyahu, Ehud Barak and Ariel Sharon has not done everything it could've done to get the peace
process moving again. Far from it.
7) Building the wall between Israel and Palestine may protect Israelis from suicide bombers, but it certainly won't bring a better understanding
between the two people.
8) Not even recognizing the Palestinian people when they refer to themselves as such is obviously not going to endear the Israelis to Palestinians.
9) I applaud and encourage initiatives like Rabbis for Peace. Anything that can promote understanding between the two people is good.
So all this said, I guess I'm an anti-semite too.