The ATS crowd is pretty awe inspiring and collectively, this community has incredible awareness raising powers. Unfortunately, many threads do a great
job at identifying an issue, dissect its undertones and provide good solid evidence as to why the issue at hand WILL impact the general population. In
and of itself, that is fantastic. However, many of us here are like salesmen who cant ask for the close. We can tell everyone about our product, but
once you peak the attention of the buyer, we forget to ask for the sale. SPECIFICALLY, the ATS community should be asking for the " Take Action" sale
HERE IS A TYPICAL WORKFLOW FOR AN ATS POLITICAL ISSUE THREAD:
1. Here is an Issue community.
2. Here is the data that supports it.
3. Here is what I think about this issue.
4. RANT - we are losing , this and that, and this is no good, and blah and blah . . .
WE NEED TO REPLACE #4 WITH SOMETHING MORE:
4. ACTION - " And guys, if you believe what I said and want to help rally behind getting this thing resolve;
- here is a link to where you can reach your local politician.
- here is a link where you can submit a preformated complaint to your state senator.
- here is a link to a petition i found / started
- here is a link to the largest activist group that is fighting this issue.
- her is a list of things I recomend you doing to help spread awareness and drive more people to follow any of the links I supplied.
I just got done reading an EXCELLENT thread where the 23 obama acts where picked apart for what they really mean. In the end, the OP ended on the old
#4. Far better to say, " Thanks for listening, I have no real advice to change it, I am just providing my view of what I believe is happening. Oh and
I encourage you all to take some action"
I hope the more active posters here read this and take this to heart. Lets become problem solvers and motivators and stay away from becoming blood
hounds who dont know what to do with our prey after we catch it!
BTW - here are some potentially actionable links to get thinks rolling:
[removed by staff]
Find your Rep:
Track and Read legislation:
edit on 18-1-2013 by oldmeatwad because: (no reason given)
edit on 1/18/2013 by semperfortis because: Corrected ALL
Terms and Conditions of Use
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use
videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for
political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.
edit on Fri Jan 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no