It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus being God, the Most High, the Almighty, etc..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I think Jesus is the physical manifestation of God and the Holy Spirit.

Once all of God's enemies are destroyed (i.e. Satan, evil, and death), all of the manifestations of God will become one and everyone will know God by one name.

Zechariah 14:9

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Revelation 21:23

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

1 Corinthians 15:28

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

God has had at least 6,000 years (if you are a creationist) to get rid of evil with all the power in the world at his disposal, why isn't it already defeated? All god has to do his snap his fingers and evil would be gone just like that. So, why does he decide to wait for all these people to suffer throughout history to do something he could have done from the start? Does he want us to suffer or can he not stop evil?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

God has already told us that he's going to stop evil, but he also said that the world was going to get progressively worse before he does. I'm sure he's hoping that as each progressively evil generation goes by that people will start to get a clue and turn to Him before it's too late. Believe it or not, we haven't seen the worst of those times yet based on the description of how it's going to be before He decides to step in.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Thanks for replying.

So god isn't going to stop evil until later? Why? If he can stop it now then why not stop it? If he's waiting for the evil to leave on its own then that's not going to happen, as we've seen throughout human history, those who are greedy are ALWAYS the ones in power.

Why not go ahead and get rid of it now instead of forcing his children to suffer more torture and wars? If he has unlimited power and chooses not to get rid of evil, but letting it resume ruling the world, then he is not a loving god.
edit on 18-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Personally, I think most people think they can survive on their own without a Savior until they get desperate.

Unfortunately, he's going to allow us to be put in more desperate situations until more people come to that realization and turn to Him.

Once all of the people who God "foreknew" would accept Him as their Savior actually accepts him, then he'll step in.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What about the generations that come after us? Surely some will end up believing in him or not, right? Babies are born every minute of everyday. Say god chooses to come one day, a day where thousands of babies are born, some who will believe and others who won't. Does he give those babies a chance, or does he send them to hell because they didn't believe yet?

Where is the dividing line here? No matter what day he comes or what hour he comes, babies will be born shortly before, during, and shortly after that point. Which of those babies is saved and which are not? Are they all saved, all thrown in hell, or are some saved and others not? What would gods basis for his judgement be?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

According to Numbers 14, it looks like God told the Jews that they would die in the wilderness for continually not listening to him, but he spared everyone that was 20 years old and under.

Maybe this is his line.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
God is a spirit. We all have this spirit within us. Jesus was simply highly endowed with it. You have been shown how you yourself can be equally endowed. It gets to a point where you can become so endowed that people will say, "Look! There's God!" And it's true. It is god. But God is something that can shine through us all. We just haven't learned how to make it happen. But jesus told you how.

"And you will go on to do greater things than these" - Jesus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

God has no enemies, but there are those who make god their enemy. That's a one way street though.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So he lets those under 20 who do not believe into heaven? What's the point of faith then?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

God has already told us that he's going to stop evil, but he also said that the world was going to get progressively worse before he does. I'm sure he's hoping that as each progressively evil generation goes by that people will start to get a clue and turn to Him before it's too late. Believe it or not, we haven't seen the worst of those times yet based on the description of how it's going to be before He decides to step in.

It cannot get much worse than the Dark Ages, The Spanish Inquistion, WWII can it? Seems to me we are in an upswing with the 'green movement' the 'blue men' and flat screen TVs (affordable) ; could those be the tipping points hidden from view or more Here comes Honey Boo Boo Jersey Shore clonelike television shows? The step in point would be accidental, planned for eons, based in planetary alignments? Or we are dealing with a very arrogant uncaring Creature that cannot feel human emotion because it is not wired like a human and likes the drama; Earth as its favorite TV show.
edit on 18-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: Need more imagination on the television frontlines, 9 years olds STOP APPLYING AS IDEA MEN

edit on 18-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Akragon

How would you interpret these verses then?

John 10

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

If his father was god and they are both one then that would mean Jesus is god, wouldn't it?

Exactly how its read....

His Father is Greater then himself...

I and my Father are One... Means he is of the same essence as his Father... As any child is the essence of their parents... They are one mind...

Not one and the same entity

edit on 18-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Probably the same reason that we don't always try minors as adults when they break the law.

We know that children know the difference between right and wrong, but when or how do you decide that they are mature enough to be held accountable and understand the full consequences of their actions?

This is something that only God knows for sure. Maybe he judges each one differently.

I can't tell you. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

It cannot get much worse than the Dark Ages, The Spanish Inquistion, WWII can it?

Yes, it can and it will.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree. One thing though, aren't you human just as your father is? So wouldn't gods children be god too? Or do you not believe that we're gods children?

Also, what are you other than your essence? I assume you mean soul when you say essence?
If his essence is the same as god then he was god because our essence makes us who we are.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

There are lots of people under 20 who actively oppose the notion of a god. Do they get in? If everyone under 20 is saved then I assume they will be saved as well. Again, the question is: what's the point of faith in this case? (rhetorical question)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by Angle

I have heard of claims people make that Jesus is God himself.

I, myself, do not believe this to be true. Where do I get this belief?

Jesus himself told he was the son of God. Jesus himself said there is only one God. Worship only the Most High he said, did Jesus ask of people to worship himself? Jesus praid to God..

These are my arguments, I can come up with more..

From my point of view Jesus is part of the whole not the whole itself. But then on that level of connection
between god and part of god becomes confusing since at times the part can get a glimpse of what it is being the whole.

In one sense god is the highest form of Jesus himself and you are also that since YOU ARE. One of the reason some people pray to a higher self. They know they are part of god and can no longer accept the dualistic view that they are separated from god and the love and sense of oneness/harmony/euphoria it brings.
edit on 18-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

Just as Jesus is part of whole, so are we; God glimpses itself though all of its creations; the difference between ourselves and Jesus is that this was a fully 9 dimensional 'perfect' human. However, we were as well long before Jesus walked this earth; the duality is real, we were cut off 400,000 yrs ago from our own perfection. The idea being that God manifested AS Jesus in the attempt (that worked) to yank some chains; another way to subject the human into slavery an example of its criminal selfishness 'The Autistic LOVE/HATE monger'. As if the question of ITS being must be proved by deceptive means "worship Jesus the man you worship me"...and IAM enjoying all of your (our) twistings in the wind.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

God has no enemies, but there are those who make god their enemy. That's a one way street though.

I think God has only Friennemies; no distinction as in the attention equally paid to both and output of energy good or evil, all of it goes somewhere back to itself as food?
edit on 18-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: What does God have for breakfast

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Akragon

I agree. One thing though, aren't you human just as your father is? So wouldn't gods children be god too? Or do you not believe that we're gods children?

Also, what are you other than your essence? I assume you mean soul when you say essence?
If his essence is the same as god then he was god because our essence makes us who we are.

Gods children are a part of him... as all life is also a "part" of him... but no part can equal the whole

We're flesh and spirit... and yes we all have the essence of God within us... but again, we are only part of him.

And we are "blinded" to our true self at birth unlike Jesus who remembered being with the Father...

He retained his memories of "home" so he could relay the message he was sent to give to man...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree with you, I was just curious.
Thanks.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join