It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about astral projection/ astral plane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jill89
Hello this is my first thread! Yay!

After reading about astral projection for a few weeks now I have some questions. Answer any or all! The help is appreciated.

How do I get in the correct mindset to astral project?

Where to go in the astral plane? Are there any limitations?

What are the dangers? I have heard that there are no dangers astral projecting but that seems too good to be true. I mean what do you do when you're faced with a dark entity?

Can you eat/breathe or anything like that in the astral plane?

Are there any limitations?

Can I talk with spirit guide there?

What about non/sub-humans? Harmful, helpful, uncommunicative?

Please no BS, be nice. Share your stories about your OBE(s) please! Thanks for the help everyone.

1. The best way is through meditation. I find that the best way to do that is to breathe normally, and just focus on the sound or feeling of your breathing.

2. The Astral plane (from what I've heard) is like a mirror of our world. You can go anywhere you want!

3. There are actually a few dangers in the Astral World. I'm talking like VERY few. With the proper Astral Combat Training, though, you will be fine. You don't even need to know alot of it!

4. On this one, I'm not really sure.

5. ?

6. Yes. You can even interact with other projections from people. The thing is, almost everybody does it naturally at night; however, most people aren't conscious of it, and so don't remember it.

7. It all depends on the type of spirit. Some are helpful, some are harmful, and some just totally ignore you.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have a question; please a serious answer is preferred.

Last night I successfully projected myself out of my body, (I have been practising for a few months now and have only been able to sit up or moved my arms and legs, this is the only time I was able to stand.) However, I couldn't open my eyes and when I tried I got a burning sensation (as if I was looking into a light) so I kept them closed. I remained calm because from past events when I reacted I fell back into my body. Instead, I asked why I couldn't open my eyes in hopes some entity was there to tell me. To my surprise there was a response, it sounded as if there were at least two beings there with me. One seemed to laugh at me while the other one came up to me and placed what felt like a hand in the middle of my back; s/he then continued to whisper what seemed to be a prayer in my ear in a language I couldn't recognize. After that it felt as if I was pulled back into my body and I jerked up in my bed.

I know I was projected because when I awoke I knew for certain it wasn't a dream and recalled everything as if it had just happened seconds ago.

Any thoughts on why I couldn't open my eyes and who or what was there with me?

Again please only serious answers.

Thanks.
edit on 24-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The only answer I can give you is that you probably did not go into the Astral plane, but a different plane, where there are actually different sinister beings. Some may be helpful, though. This is the only answer I can give you. I have only heard stories of this.

Here is the best example I can give you. Its kinda like the movie Insidious.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

Well I didn't feel threatened by them, and the laugh was more of a pity laugh (you poor thing). I guess I can only find out myself. Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No problem. I can try and find out more for you on Veritas, if you want.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

If you feel the need to, I didn't want to interpose. I was going to try again tonight, hopefully I can come up with something. Who knows maybe I did enter a realm I wasn't allowed to be in and that is why my eyes were to remain closed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

That's very odd. Did you feel drained when you awoke? Maybe the hand was taking your energy. But the light could mean it was good.

Please post again on here if you have another experience or find out what actually happened. Thank you Nd I'm sorry I could not help. Stay positive

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Well, Ill go ahead and look. See what all I can find.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry if this doesn't sound nice but you shouldn't go to 'the' astral space. You should postpone that and explore your own space first.

Whatever someone else told you, they just wanted you to believe there are no dangers in the astral because if you go there and you expect that to happen it will. That is the nature of 'the' astral. In your own space things can be the way you want them to be and once you've achieved that you can always venture outside. Once you know you don't need to trust anyone but yourself, that is when you are ready to go outside.

It is possible to experience many things, most are from repeating memory. When you eat an apple in the astral, you just repeat a memory of you eating an apple once in your lifetime. You could then decide to automatically select the best apple you ever ate, or others which were also delicious. This goes for every experience and many of them can be fantasized. For example I have never skydived but I've bungeejumped and stood in windstorms, if I mix these memories with those of taking a trip on a plane I can get a pretty realistic self induced mini dream.

It is also possible for beings to share memories, but this requires an extremely intimate relationship with a lot of trust which very few people on the planet are eligible for. Or it can be taken by force, as with all in 'the' astral everything can be negative or positive, or neither and something which is all of them and you guessed it, something completely different.

You could just stick to the positive side for your entire life and beyond but then you'd never really grow in the astral either and you would end up with a group of beings who just play the same silly and childish theatrical games with 'the newbies' for ever. They might look enlightened and all at first but once you've seen all their antics they appear boring and immature.
edit on 28/1/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can count on one hand the amount of OBE's I've had in my life. Apart from one time when I found myself in my room and I tried to touch my arm and my hand went through it, I always find myself somewhere else. Twice I've found myself in random buildings now (no idea where they are) and as soon as I feel a little fear as I think someone in the house is going to spot me (like a ghost), I end up back in my body quickly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join