It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 in Hospital After Energy Drinks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You had me scared!

I thought this happened ALL at one time, and in one day !

I do know Energy drinks are not for children. Not even a few sips, if you don't want them bouncing off the walls or in a hospital.

S&F

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Where I'm at, they do have to be 18 years old to purchase any type of energy drink. I for one, do not drink them or the 5 hour energy shots.. Don't need them. I got Pepsi. and Sweet Tea.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You had me scared!

I do know Energy drinks are not for children. Not even a few sips, if you don't want them bouncing off the walls or in a hospital.

S&F

I know. I saw a headline on ATS a while back, something like "40,000 Injured by Falling Furniture." I thought: Holy crap! What the hell were they up to, that they could injure 40,000 bystanders?
edit on 1/17/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You had me scared!

S&F

Yeah, sometimes having to quote the name of the article (T&C) causes problems.....sorry about that....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We live in a 1984 George Orwell, physically and mentally 'controlled', society. Feel tired for work? Take this energy drink. Just got off work and need to relax? Take this alcohol. Uppers and Downers. Keeps the masses physically pushed enough to get their slave work done, while being unhealthy enough to shorten their lives and numb their minds from perceiving what's really going on.

edit on 1/17/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
hmm it says in the article that :

Lawyers said the 0.7 litre cans of Monster Energy consumed by Anais Fournier, of Maryland, in the 24 hours prior to her fatal cardiac arrest in December 2011 contained as much caffeine - 480 milligrams - as 14 cans of Coca-Cola.

Im looking on the back of my can of Monster right now and it says

High caffeine content : 32mg per 100ml

which comes to 224mg for a 700ml can. Also dont know what the article is doing listing caffeine in "milligrams" as drugs are usually measured in micrograms.

Here's the caffeine content breakdown for coffee:

Starbucks Coffee venti, 20 fl. oz. 415mg
Starbucks Coffee grande, 16 fl. oz. 330mg
Panera Frozen Mocha 16.5 fl. oz. 267mg
Starbucks Coffee tall, 12 fl. oz. 260mg
Starbucks Caffè Americano grande, 16 fl. oz. 225mg
Panera Coffee regular, 16.8 fl. oz. 189mg
Starbucks Espresso Frappuccino venti, 24 fl. oz. 185mg

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am not surprised…

I worked in A&E for a while I remember one morning we had one of the other nurses form one of the wards come to us after a nightshift. This nurse had been awake for 30 hours and has been drinking Red Bull all night, she said about a can a hour for 12 hours, let’s just say her ECG looked very interesting with the palpitations she was having.

I never drink the stuff, it tastes like war pee.

i too have worked in a&e for the last 10 years and seen the effects.

these things are DANGEROUS.

i know of doctors who swear that they should be given only with a prescription.

i started saying a few years ago that they have a lot to do with the "aggresive" nature of people these day, and i now have so many people saying to me that they agree.

I believe that in years to come....this whole thing with energy drinks will be looked upon as one of the most dangerous periods in our time in terms of health.....along with cholesterol lowering meds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join