It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to unveil gun control plan within the hour

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Good luck folks on the upcoming civil war, because this is going to backfire hard in Obama's face. Especially that conniving little *insert insult" Piers Morgan.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The black market is about to be BOOMING.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by DaMod

And there will be a bunch of new sellers... people who were once law abiding citizens... trying to at least get some sort of a return on their originally legal investment.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

No one runs bigger black market weapons and ammunition operations than our own covert government agencies and corrupt deep cover rogue agents. Their aliases and proxies are a bit harder to trace back, but the profits aren't.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

reply to post by DaMod

And there will be a bunch of new sellers... people who were once law abiding citizens... trying to at least get some sort of a return on their originally legal investment.

Isn't that the whole point of this administration (and many previous administrations past)? To turn otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals? Or, from the looks of the new EOs, mental patients? It seems that if you weren't willing to jump into the "system" and become a dependent ward of the state, they are searching for avenues to force you there.... independence and free thought be damned. Gladly accept your free Obama phone or wait until the laws find a way to send you to jail or the loony bin. Seems grim.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mayor Bloomberg thinks 32 oz soda ban will stop people from getting fat.

(People can still buy 2 16oz sodas.)

President Obama thinks a 30 round clip ban will stop people from dying.

. . .

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Same situations correct?

No doubt children have been used as powerful tools in order to support the agendas of many people who have claimed power.
edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by beezzer

Mind explaining how less assault rifles will lead to more deaths?

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn't aware of the fact that Obama has stopped CRIMINALS from buying weapons ILLEGALLY.

But couldn't CRIMINALS buy assault rifles LEGALLY before?
It'll still be harder for people with criminal intent to find assault rifles...therefore less deaths. I don't support the ban, but I'm not going to support your lack of logic. And i do think it's not something people should be getting this bent out of shape about. They aren't going to pry ARs from your cold dead hands.

Instead of trying to make witty remarks, how about you actually explain it.

Now if you want to say that deaths will go up because all the crazies rushed to buy assault rifles when they heard the news....we'll you'd have me there. I really don't think that's what you're trying to say though.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Many will abide by Obama's decision to ban firearms. Criminals won't.

When Australia banned firearms, homicide deaths increased via handguns.
When the UK banned handguns, homicide deaths increased via handguns.

It's only a matter of time now for America

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Dare I also quote this from The King's Speech today:

“This is our first task as a society, keeping our children safe,” Obama said. “This is how we will be judged. And their voices should compel us to change.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

NATO's top commander in Afghanistan apologized Wednesday for the accidental killing of nine Afghan boys and ordered attack helicopter crews to be briefed again on his directive for preventing civilian deaths.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

in February, the Afghan government claimed that 65 civilians, including 40 children, were killed during a U.S.-led assault.

rt.com...

Those drone attacks, carried out by unmanned aircraft controlled thousands of miles away, don’t do a lot of harm, said the president. According to Obama, drones had "not caused a huge number of civilian casualties” and he added that it’s "important for everybody to understand that this thing is kept on a very tight leash.”
How small is that not-so huge number? If you ask anyone outside of the American intelligence community, they’ll tell you it is in the hundreds.

www.propublica.org...

www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

Now, I could continue to link to drone strikes all day to demonstrate the lies, but allow me to run down a tangential track for a moment.

“This is our first task as a society, keeping our children safe,”

Hmmm...
www.mccl.org...
Extrapolating and averaging, there have been roughly 5 Million abortions in the US since Obama took office. Fascinating that the man also had this to say:

As we mark the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we must remember that this Supreme Court decision not only protects a woman’s health and reproductive freedom, but also affirms a broader principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters,” Obama said. “I remain committed to protecting a woman’s right to choose and this fundamental constitutional right.

SOURCE

Translation between the two issues: "I will conveniently act like I give a god damn about the welfare of children when it is convenient to me to push forward my skewed agenda. Please do not expect me to bring any degree of fundamental Constitutional Right concern into the gun debate and please do not expect me to bring any degree of keeping our children safe into the abortion debate. Please also ignore the fact that I am a major hypocrite." ~BHO

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Would you then classify a single father owning a weapon (ie. AR-15) as a criminal? When in reality he is just trying to ensure the safety of his two daughters.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Would you then classify a single father owning a weapon (ie. AR-15) as a criminal? When in reality he is just trying to ensure the safety of his two daughters.

Why is owning a weapon suddenly a basis for legality?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Ghost375

Many will abide by Obama's decision to ban firearms. Criminals won't.

I may have misinterpreted what you meant by this statement then.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Did Obama racially profile the kids that randomly wrote him letters?

Can't link image - its the top one on Drudge right now.

..or was it just happy coincidence that it represented boy/girl, white, black and other?
edit on 1/16/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

..or was it just happy coincidence that it represented boy/girl, white, black and other?

Of course. This thing is grand theater... bread and circuses for the masses. A great big plate of McDonalds for us to gobble up and miss the point. Madison Avenue, Broadway and/or Hollywood would be proud of this production. They've pulled out all the stops on this one. The United Colors of Benetton surrounding Obama is as calculated and purposeful as anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What nobody is talking about is that the american government can spend all it wants to attack other countries by lying about their intentions, or at least exaggerating them, but when it comes to the welfare of the people our worthless government could not give a big juicy fart about them. THIS IS WHAT IS PATHETIC!!

How many people still watch the lame streat media and believe the events on 9-11-2001 were carried out by alqueda? What research have you done to believe the government at face value? If you have done research then WHY do you still believe those liars? Roughly 8 trillion dollars have been spent on corporate bailouts to banks and big business with the guise they only made mistakes and deserve sympathy, and that the economy will eventually recover. I don't see the economy recovering any time soon. It will probably get worse as we keep raising the debt ceiling to pay for all these unfounded wars based almost entirely on lies. The DOD spends 10 times more than the second most powerful military nation in the world russia, money that could be spend elsewhere.

BUT THE GOVERNMENT CARES ABOUT DISARMING YOU and the republican hypocrites(worst than the democrats) ONLY CARE ABOUT KEEPING GUNS! Yeah that will solve everything when the econonmy collapses, right?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07BUT THE GOVERNMENT CARES ABOUT DISARMING YOU and the republican hypocrites(worst than the democrats) ONLY CARE ABOUT KEEPING GUNS! Yeah that will solve everything when the econonmy collapses, right?

Well, when it DOES collapse, they don't want you or I shooting our way into their FEMA camps and disrupting their martial law.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by ararisq

Of course. This thing is grand theater... bread and circuses for the masses. A great big plate of McDonalds for us to gobble up and miss the point. Madison Avenue, Broadway and/or Hollywood would be proud of this production. They've pulled out all the stops on this one. The United Colors of Benetton surrounding Obama is as calculated and purposeful as anything.

There is great evil behind both democrats and republicans. Trust me, I have been a member on ATS for many years and I have read stuff that would give you permanent insomnia and stomach ulcers. Most people are afraid of digging deep enough.

The illuminati and bildergers LOVE both republicans and democrats. They PAY for the continous disinformation spread on the airwaves. If you watch msm you become misinformed/disinformed. If you don't watch msm you become uninformed. If you watch alex jones and david icke videos you become a raving lunatic. What do you prefer?

Guess who is going to go to the fema camps? Outspoken indpendant followers and/or third party followers. The ptb hate anything that approaches truth. The writing is all over the place. Gun ownership will not solve everything but it is much better than nothing. Ultimately the military will decide if the PTB win or lose, just like they are deciding this for syria.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Here you go...

It's a pattern. Very similar to the cast of "middle-income folks" he had on stage during the tax increase stand-off a couple weeks ago.

He thinks everyone is too stupid to understand him without props.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by ararisq

Here you go...

It's a pattern. Very similar to the cast of "middle-income folks" he had on stage during the tax increase stand-off a couple weeks ago.

He thinks everyone is too stupid to understand him without props.

looks so shady

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join