It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Like any other country in the world...the U.S. has it's share of ASS#@!%$...the difference is we can do something about it.

What comes around ALWAYS goes around.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

It's OK...I am trying to answer 10 replies at the same time.

LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The op has asked a valid question on what agenda would I push to make things better:

If I was elected for president, the first thing that I would not promise is that I would not raise taxes of any sort, that I could not see doing, as it would be a bold face lie.

But my agenda would be first to put out an order, one of the few executive orders that I would issue: Review all laws. regulations and executive orders, and any that no longer apply, or have been ruled on by the supreme court of the USA, or are just out dated, be removed.

I would then issue the next executive order, that no lobbiest be allowed within a 10 mile radius of Washington DC to act in that capacity.

All laws, coming from congress would have to be written in a language that everyone, from the ages of 16 and older, with out a college education, be submitted to me for approval. All bills and laws coming to my desk that has anything beyond what it is suppose to be should and would be veto.

The entire Tax code be rewritten and the number of pages limited to say 1000. No loop holes. And all businesses be required to pay their taxes.

I would push for a balanced budget, with an eye on actually paying off of the principle, not just the interest. And assign congress to assign a person to justify the cost that they are asking for. Not just submit it and then expect it to fly past.

And finally, this one would be a bit touchy, but here is what I would do when it comes to geopolitics:

1) If the country does not like the US, then we will not give them money, or any grants, the bank of the US to the world is officially closed. No more giving aid to countries that hate or even think it is alright to just bad mouth the US at every turn publically, and yet have their hand out for money.

2) Countries like Iran, and others, where assetts are frozen, give them their assetts and then shut the doors, no more business going there, and any company doing business in said countries, would be forced to pay a hefty fine, not a slap on the wrist, but a fine that would make them think that such would not be so good.

3) A reveiw of all countries that we do not do business with, or have an embargo on, to see if it is worth it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I Know many people are gonna hate this but I'd impliment immediate changing from private owned companies to co-ops and those that don't like it could GTFO (AS IF THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY
)
Immediately make Monsanto and GMO foods illegal, education and free land homes for homesteading education to be for organic and free range farming, and look for REAL green energy, with a very large reward for the most promising innovation. repeal the healthcare plan and bring true universal healthcare which will NOT be funded by income taxes because I'd end those it would be funded by luxury taxes instead being implimented so if you buy a mansion or boat you will be paying for So and so's healthcare, also any sales taxes, fines etc can also go towards the universal healthcare, also I'd end all wars and buckle up our "OPEN DOORS" so to speak. I would impliment Mexico's immigration laws for any of their citizens that come here to the letter.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

OK...so you would work the system to be able to change it.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well your hearts in the right place even if this would never happen.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

daycare subsidies. many families pay a mortgage payment in daycare

How about work wages where only one parent has to work. Just like my parents did. You can't survive on 1 salary. Now kids are raised by daycare. They need to be with their family

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm going to bring a spin to the thread and, being a Canadian, say what I would do if I was Prime Minister;

1.) Eliminate all television adds, and replace them with informative, educational commercials; this might include facts, statistics, and interesting questions about human beings, nay, our entire world. Perhaps interesting quotes from individuals throughout our history, jokes, and the like. I wondered, one day, what might be the effect if this was done; our populace would be more educated (perhaps?).

2.) Forgive 1/2 of all student debt, and force top earning corporations to pay the other half (which would be tax deductable), thus eliminating student debt all together. Look at it this way, it's an investment in your future employees. Concequently, this would free up more money to help the ever increasing need for an economy where people need to always spend money and buy things (though I don't agree with this, freeing up money via eliminating debt would accomplish that goal.)

3.) Introduce a "Exceptional Persons Tax"; exceptional persons are exactly that. Those who normally wouldn't be regarded as persons (i.e. coporations) have had an exception made, and for some reason (again, I do not agree with this notion), corporations are considered persons (i.e. the exception has been made). Exceptional persons, in turn, produce exceptional concequences from their actions; the environment, public policy, pollution, the economy, foreign policy, etc. The ability of my person to influence these things, compared with the ability of a corporate person, is quite small; thus, a corporate person, is an exceptional person, producing exceptional consequences, and thus, requires an Exceptional Tax.

As for where that tax money would go; it would utilized to fund a nation wide "Greenhome" initiative which would, essentially, aim at making each household semi or fully independent from the existing, and aging, infrastructure. The arguement for this tax would likely originate from a stance of national security ( Extreme whether, War, Financial collapse, etc.) -- that is to say, a populace whose homes allow them to live comfortably independent from national infrastructure is ultimately better off to deal with a wide array of potential disasters.

4.) Run a national disclosure campaign, aimed at "airing the dirty laundry". In a sense, let it all hang out; a clean slate, and cover everything from corruption, pollution, coverups, false flags, aliens, you name it, and it gets disclosed. Information is vital, and in an environment like todays world which is changing very rapidly, informed discisions can only be made by having accurate information.

5.) Create two new Bill of Rights; i) Economic Bill of Rights, ii) Virtual (internet) Bill of rights. I believe this step is self explanatory (though if not, I will be happy to elaborate).

6.) Begin a withdraw of all troops abroad, and initiate diplomacy talks as well as diplomatic measures with states and countries that have traditionally been viewed as "enemies". I need not discuss the grave concequences when two powers are at odds with eachother and communications break down (Cuban missle crisis + Able archer, anyone?) I do not believe in enemies; I believe in opponents. Opponents are just that; they are opposed to what ever you are "supposed" to. Opponents can be become allies and friends, whereas enemies call for some measure of elimination.

There's my plan; Anyone wanna vote for me?
edit on 19-1-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join