If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If I was the President and had the backing of House and Senate...I would develop a program of the kind of funding of the Moon Landings to develop Green Alternative Energy especially Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactors.

The development of such tech. would create an entire wealth of new products and technologies which I believe would easily solve the U.S. Budget deficit as well as get our polution and Global Warming problems addressed.

This would also allow the U.S. to no longer concentrate our efforts in the Oil Supplying Regions of the Middle East.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would appeal to the queen and politely ask for colony status to be granted to the nation again.

*ducks*
edit on 15-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Immediate institutionalization of paranoid under diagnosed mental cases running around thinking the government is out to get them.

That would on day one.

I like your idea too.
edit on 15-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'd spend an equal amount building new homes throughout the country.
1 home per 5 acres, Low-income families would be trained, professionally assisted and paid to build them, and then I would give the new homes to those same families. I'd evacuate ALL of the mega-cities and turn them all into prisons. Spreading people out and giving them an income and a sense of ownership in this Country, would reduce tension and re-instill the values that we should have maintained all along...

Then, right after I financed all of this through the Treasury, I'd shut them down, and return us to a gold backed currency. Then I'd go after the corporations and banking cartel that have owned this country long enough...

Oh, wait! We're talking about Obama.....nevermind!

edit on 1/15/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: sp...
edit on 1/15/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
I would appeal to the queen and politely ask for colony status to be granted to the nation again.
*ducks*
edit on 15-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

Lol, yeah, you BETTER duck. :shk:

No thank you to that. And add a HELL NO for good measure.

I'd go about dismantling the entire charade for any office that wasn't specifically mandated by the US Constitution.

And of course, that wouldn't leave much left.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yours is pretty good I must admit,

Me, with full backing, I would Make Laws to Eliminate Bribery from Elected Officials.

I would investigate every Congressman, and other elected Officials and Prosecute the Guilty.

I would Eliminate all Lobby Groups.

I would then Establish that Elected Officials must be US Citizens only and have no other Allegeances .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would fire half of my employees and cut the heads off the rest of them...total reform,may take a few years but at least it would be an internal coup instead of a revolution......
..any vote's

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

LOL!

When people ask me if I believe in GOD I say...Absolutely! Someone is out to get me!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Good idea.

I would also not allow Leaders the right to keep whatever money is left over in their Campaign War Chests as when a Senator or Congressman or other Elected Official declares retirement...and they can have a fundraiser the day before...they get to keep Millions of unspent Political Campaign Money!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Radically change the tax code. No more income taxes. Run the nation on the taxes it ran upon for it's first 130 years of existence.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

If I were a citizen of the U.K. I would take all the Queens Money, Jewels, Properties, Antiques and anything else she and her Supposed Royal Line...Cough! Cough!...have bilked out of the public for thousands of years...and give it to the poor.

Then I would put her in a third floor 2 bedroom apartment right by a noisy highway.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

VERY Good idea!

The Tax Code is a JOKE!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Gut the government departments that don't work and are only sucking money for the few that don't need it.
Gut the military.
Bring the troops home from any country we're not at war with.
The ones we are at war with...finish it and bring the troops home.
Kill at least half of all active executive orders.

Hmmm...that's a good start.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

VERY Good idea!

The Tax Code is a JOKE!

Split Infinity

It's ridiculous. You know how politicians rant on and on about "big oil" and how they are gouging the consumers? Well, the profit margin for the oil and gas industry is a shocking 8.9%. And federal tax percent is 18.6%.

The fed makes twice as much as evil "big oil" on every dollar spent at the pump. Criminals.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

We definitely need to stop throwing money at problems and find people who can solve them. The Education problem has Multiple Billions thrown at it but the kids are still not learning. How about giving good teachers bonuses and requiring ALL teachers to go under review to see how their students are doing?

If they have a high rate of student failures then they get canned!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Don't you go talking about muh queenie like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I pay a ridiculous amount of taxes!

Don't get me going! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Don't you go talking about muh queenie like that.

MAKE HER EAT SPAM!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I pay a ridiculous amount of taxes!

Don't get me going! LOL!

Split Infinity

Same here. And it's a scam. This nation ran smoothly for it's first 130 years without income theft, I mean taxes

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

We really need to take the tax burden off the middle class. It is killing them!

We have to stop funding programs we neither need or do not work.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join