It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You may be right as far as those in the position to determine whether such Ultra-High Tech. Energy Generation would be allowed to be released. At first I thought that Low Temp. Fusion Tech. would be hidden for 50 years or more.

Then I found out that this Micro-Fusion Reactor may be used to properly power the Free Electron Laser on all U.S. Carriers and Aegis Cruisers. The reason for this is for the FEL to work as advertised the current plan to use two of the New Design A1B Fission Reactors was not enough to generate enough electricity to power the Carrier as well as the FEL and the new Mag-Lev Catapult that will replace the Nimitz Class Steam Catapult that launches Naval Aircraft.

Should the Micro-Fusion Reactor be used as a third reactor as this would only work if a small reactor as is the Miceo-Fusion Reactor...can fit along with the other two Fission Reactors...IF...the USN. does use this Fusion Reactor it will be forced to make this knowledge public.

The U.S. people will not allow the existance of Fussion Energy Generation to only be used on Military Craft or Apps. Given the enormous potential for such tech. as well as the probability such tech could very well change the world and the current U.S. Deficit...the Military and U.S. Leadership would be forced into allowing this tech. for public use.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

LOL!

Dead...eh?

Well at least we can agree on the Power Generation Tech. being forcibly released.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Uhhhh....that is a LOT!

Could you narrow it down to perhaps One or Two of what you consider the most important and why?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You know...I was talking to few Business friends the other day and we were talking about a person who is fully capable of having a job and does not have one and is collecting Welfare...should have to go to State Programs that will teach them what they can do to improve their resume and self so that they can be hired.

This program would concentrate on making sue such a person collecting Welfare must get their G.E.D. if they do not have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. They would have to go to classes to prep them for the G.E.D. test or if they already have an education would go to classes that would teach them everything from creating a Resume to skills that are needed to be able to woo a possible employer.

Those who are unwilling to participate in such classes would as long as they are collecting a Welfare Check...be required to report to local D.P.W. offices in their home town where a position whould be created to use such people to help their local town D.P.W. by doing simple jobs such as Park Cleanup, Street and Sidewalk Cleanup, Public Facilities Cleanup and Maintenance, Town and City Lanscape Maintenance...etc.

If those who take the courses do not obtain a Job after a specific amount of time...they too would be required to work for their Welfare Check. This concept allows people to better theirselves through these free educational programs that concentrate specifically on helping a person to get a job as well as breaking the Money For Nothing attitude that erodes a persons confidence as well as places a burden upon the State.

Even a person who must work for a Welfare Check if they are able will get into a routine of getting up with a purpose and a feeling that they at least earned the money as to not work for any length of time makes one soft and allows no feeling of purpose...and their work will save the Towns a few bucks as well.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am assuming you are referring to the energy sector with your call for sudden and forceful change. Such things in governance or economy generally do not end well. The idea of having my own portable cold fusion reactor capable of producing any of the elements hooked up to a 3D printer will result in quite an altered reality. Do you think human nature is responsible enough for such or similar technology?

Yes. This is expecting a lot and it would take some very smart and calculated wheeling and dealing to get this done if it could be done at all.

The U.S. Militaries Capabilites in Solar Energy Production as well as Ultra-High Tech. Solar Cells alone could make a huge impact upon how the world generates energy. Such Solar Tech. has been developed for use in Space to power a variety of Militaty Satellites with Huge Energy Demands and these Solar Cells have been designed to be tough and difficult to break or fail.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well as the US President, my first responsibility is balancing the budget. If I find that there is a lot of corruption and waste going on in the Department of Energy then a restructure can help open up the door for other technologies to enter the market. At the moment there are millions of cars all dependent on oil and gas to run, it will take years to introduce the infrastructure required to build, maintain and support alternative energy transportation.

While this new technology is introduced, existing infrastructure will need to be maintained for many years to come as the switch over takes place. There is going to be significant economic challenges with this as demand for oil and gas declines. Considering the environmental, social and political costs associated to keeping the oil flowing there is a lot of sense in this direction. With the political power and pressure surrounding this issue it will not be easy.

Redefining the terms of national security in the patent application process is also another move I could make as President to assist corporate innovation in this area.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

For about $2500 to $4000 there are kits that can change over a Gasoline Burning Car into a Hydrogen Burning Car. Now these numbers are several years old and the cost of these kits is probably higher but given that Hydrogen is the most plentiful Element in the Universe and is easily available on Earth...as well as this would allow us to use our current existing vehicles as well as simply use the current Gas stations across the country that would be given both tax breakes and Federal Credits to install a Hydrogen Tank and car tank filling equipment...it would be a good way to switch over.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I do acknowledge that a lot of work has gone into hydrogen as a fuel source and it is more than capable at powering a car, truck or spaceship. The main problem with hydrogen is what happens when things go wrong, instead of a car burning up as you get with petrol accidents, there is a major explosion with hydrogen.

I would very much prefer to see hydrogen produced on demand so there is not a large container capable of a major explosion. Electrolysis from water is one method to achieve this, but getting the right technique to do this efficiently is either locked up in secrecy or not yet feasible. Until all the environmental effects from other sources like nuclear fusion are defined, it is being diligent to have some hesitation. What will happen if large scale deployment is undertaken then we find some new type of radioactive waste is being produced and it is having some health implications?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I believe that the new designed Hydrogen Tanks which intermix Hydrogen with a Particulate that is a Plastic Polymer will not allow this tank to explode under any condition.

What I believe is a Tech. that is being held back is Small High Yeild Batteries that use a form of Chemical Self Charging Method to keep them from draining at 10 times the rate of use as current Electric Autos.

Such batteries are said to be capable of being charged by either being plugged in to an outlet or being charged by a relatively small solar array...6 feet by 3 feet...that is capable of using UV Light to allow charging as UV Light will cut though cloud cover.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Nuclear Fusion simply fuses Hydrogen into Helium. There is no Radioactive Byproduct.

I have heard of such Fusion Reseach and Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactor development and it pisses me off to no end that I do not think they will release such tech in my life time.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The polymer hydrogen tanks sound very promising and expect there is a lot of innovation around to solve many of these problems. With cold fusion I know there is no radioactivity as what we get in nuclear fission, but it is a new tech and as such there maybe currently unknown consequences. Similar to what has occurred with cell phones and the ongoing scientific debates linking cell usage to increase risks of brain cancers. If similar such problems are found after a massive investment has been made it will be very difficult to turn the situation around.

As president I would be supportive of new energy technology, but also careful and would want to know all of the side effects before any large scale deployments. It is silly jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I agree that we should be careful but in light of the current dangers of the Health Issues that are consistent with the burning of fossil fuels as well as threat to our environment...and the obvious dangers of Fission Reactors and the Radioactive waste generated by them...I believe this new tech. is fairly safe by comparison.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
I would appeal to the queen and politely ask for colony status to be granted to the nation again.

Definitely!
After it's granted, then bankruptcy becomes a plausible alternative.
Then the mess becomes her problem.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was gonna post something about killing off all the population so I can go through all their personal belongings or making it illegal for women to wear clothes or something equally ridiculous. I couldn't help but sit here and laugh because the stipulation in the first post that I'd have the backing of the House and the Senate.

Why would they back me on that?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

We could sort you lot out in a month.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
If I was the President and had the backing of House and Senate...I would develop a program of the kind of funding of the Moon Landings to develop Green Alternative Energy especially Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactors.

The development of such tech. would create an entire wealth of new products and technologies which I believe would easily solve the U.S. Budget deficit as well as get our polution and Global Warming problems addressed.

This would also allow the U.S. to no longer concentrate our efforts in the Oil Supplying Regions of the Middle East.

Split Infinity

I would not want to be "President".

I would want to the the Supreme Emperor for 2 years.

First on the agenda:

Get rid of the Federal Reserve, back our currency with a resource with inherent value, get rid of all the alphabet soup agencies that write law under the guise of "regulations" which bypasses Congress, get rid of the IRS and the graduated income tax to be replaced with a national consumption tax(Fair Tax) and take all measures to get Big Brother Government off the backs of "We the People".

That would be for starters.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
balance the budget.
cut military spending.
close down military bases in other countries.
challenge the private sector to work towards increasing life expectancy.
move towards privatized school k-12.
incentive funding for the arts and entertainment.
wildlife habit preservation.

that is my short list.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Not possible any longer, think JFK. Terrible things can happen to those who are tapped for greatness and then fail to execute orders as given. We all know that POTUS is a fruitless tree. Like a blossom filled tree of life in the spring, right before a killing frost eliminates any possibility of fruit.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Emperor...Hmmm. That does have some apeal. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Gee...your post makes me want to jump of a building. LOL!

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join