It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Not About Guns; it's About Liberty, Freedom and Loss thereof...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think that the hoopla surrounding the "Gun" issue in the wake of the horrendous and sad crime in Newtown is not about the weapons at all. TPTB(W) are making proverbial hay whilst the disaster sun shines. It's about removing the Rights of the American People and undermining the importance of the US Constitution so that a new governmental framework can be established, that is, perhaps, more Eastern European in flavor. The First and Second Amendments to the Constitution are the guarantees of the freedoms that America had traditionally enjoyed until America became involved in the First World War. From that time forward to now, those freedoms have been incrementally curtailed, slowly and by degrees. And now is the time for the final push to overthrow the greatest freedoms the world has ever know.

The First Amendment is and has been for the last 20 years or so under attack under the guise of "Political Correctness". The American Free Press has ceased being free. It now echoes the party line of making those that support the Constitution in it's traditional and historic form as being "fringe" or "kooks" or, gasp! "militia men". This, in turn, attempts to bring to bear the ridicule of the population against those who uphold those freedoms and rights as sacred. That this ploy is working is evident by the heated discussions on this very site. Fifty years ago this would have been a non-discussion.

The Second Amendment provides, among other things, the absolute power of the people to maintain their "unalienable rights" from an oppressive and tyrannical government. The definition of "unalienable rights" is: those rights which cannot be altered by law, as opposed to "inalienable" rights, which may be abridged by law. By allowing the current Administration (or any administration, this is NOT restricted to a Republican, Democrat, Right Left issue. It is an issue of power, pure and simple. And governments do not like competition. It goes against the grain of those that believe in magnanimity of Central Governments. If the dirty little people believe that power is derived from the consent of governed, that diminishes the power of the State. If, on the other hand, the little people have no ability to resist the power of State, then the State rules and new form of "transcendent" government can be installed.

TPTB are determined to rule absolutely. To do this, they must first disarm the populace, which in the case of the US would be a very messy and protracted affair if attempted by direct confiscation. So they must turn to more subtle means. They begin the ploy with false arguments, such as "Who needs to have 30 round mags for deer hunting?" They are changing the field of battle to one they can logically defend, and which has nothing to do with the real argument, namely that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or weapon design or anything other than the right to bear arms.

All this is the long version of beware when dealing with the devil. Understand what your rights are and that, at least at the moment, make the right argument. Just my 2 dollars worth of opinion. What's yours?
edit on 16-1-2013 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

No it is not. It's about paranoia and some sick fantasy that some gullible undiagnosed mental cases have stuck in their head about some made up New World Order , Project Blueballs and Eugenics coming to get them and they wanna fight a freaking war.

That's what it's about. They all need to be institutionalized. I am sick of the gun deaths.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have made my opinion clear in other threads

BUT I would like to say that that was a well writen thread indeed.

And

Finally someone puts it all into one well writen post.

Nice one

PS, are you sure you don't want to stamp up and down, spit the dummy and tell me to mind my own business?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Also words from my head. Spot on.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

No it is not. It's about paranoia and some sick fantasy that some gullible undiagnosed mental cases have stuck in their head about some made up New World Order , Project Blueballs and Eugenics coming to get them and they wanna fight a freaking war.

That's what it's about. They all need to be institutionalized. I am sick of the gun deaths.

Blind ignorance at its finest....no such thing as gun violence....only violence that involves guns. remove guns, and other violent crimes go up.

and no, your not sick of all the gun deaths.....your sick of HEARING about gun deaths.....big difference.
edit on 15-1-2013 by koder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Youre totally right, it is about liberty and freedom, and thats why its so hard for some foreigners to be able to process it all, because theyve given away there freedoms for the illusionary security Big Brother offered them.

We CANNOT do the same, lest we become like them; disarmed, unable to defend ourselves, with a new faux monarch in power issuing royal decrees and the people powerless to say no.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Youre totally right, it is about liberty and freedom, and thats why its so hard for some foreigners to be able to process it all, because theyve given away there freedoms for the illusionary security Big Brother offered them.

Um? I think YOU think you know that, but you're wrong?

I'm a foreigner to the US but what freedoms have I given up? I live in Perth Austrlia, perhaps you would like to explain to me and fellow posters what freedoms as an Australian I have given up and what illusions are being played out in front of me?

Lets see:

I got a 5 bedroom house
I got a three figure pay starting with 2
I have a great life
Got some fabulous cars
Beach on the doorstep
Beautiful daughter.
Can do what I want when I want
No crime
No violence
Perfect job
Great Public transport
Awesome City with bars and cafes etc

Ok, we have a ranga controlling our nation, but on a whole everything is perfect?

So go on, give it your best shot?

I'm guessing your area is not like that,

More like:

Violence
Guns
Rapes
Bad public transport
Can't walk anywhere at night
Bad jobs
Crap pay
etc etc etc?

And you think I live in an illusion?
Yeah right.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Still fantasizing are we ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It's Not About Guns; it's About Liberty, Freedom and Loss thereof...,

Thats the title of your thread, and if the OP was about the 4th Amendment being Gutted by the Patriot Act, I would say you were right on.
Its Ironic that when the Patriot was passed , the NRA, Gun Lobby and other "true americans" did SQUAT.

But having a conversation about Guns..... "the sky is falling, the sky is falling'.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Still waiting?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I agree with you about everything but one thing. When it started. It wasn't so much WW1 as WW1 was one of the first results in the first phase of its modernized plan. They tried that plan in the beginning of the US independence. Jackson ended it. They came back after his death. Lincoln almost ended it and then they killed him. Then in 1913 the plan was realized on Jeckyll Island. Now they had the power to print enough money to corrupt and bribe almost nearly everyone involved and by adding military might to protect the Federal Reserve Note of debt until its disposal which will come when we have done away with the rubel and remnimbi like they did Kennedy. Then and only then when global banking out of the City of London controls our money and Washington DC controls our bodies through military might and the Vatican controls our thoughts then the picture on the back of the simple $1 bill will be complete and the All Seeing Eye is lowered down as the capstone to the 3 sides that was once four sided (Jerusalem? ) will world government be complete.

That is unless the first two amendments stand by peace or by force. They truelly are by Providence there to retard the NWO and its Luciferian minions. The Central Banks are acting with Bold Impunity never seen before. If Bernie Madoff waited out just a few more years he would still be free. He warned us actually. But the fact they are now above the law means they are living by yhe direct code of ol Rothscild. He was not lying when he said control a nations money and I care not who makes its laws.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

It's Not About Guns; it's About Liberty, Freedom and Loss thereof...,

Thats the title of your thread, and if the OP was about the 4th Amendment being Gutted by the Patriot Act, I would say you were right on.
Its Ironic that when the Patriot was passed , the NRA, Gun Lobby and other "true americans" did SQUAT.

But having a conversation about Guns..... "the sky is falling, the sky is falling'.

Indeed. The PA gutted the 4th, and allowed for the Big Brother to move in unashamedly. I fear I didn't have time to enumerate all the ways the the Rights of the People have been thrown under the bus.

Also, as with most of the Constitution, the ideas are abstract and above the ken of most, or at least above their interest level. The 2nd however, has tangible assets involved and fear of loss of "stuff" is something even the most intellectually lazy can grasp.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just to be clear to some. I have seen no convincing evidence of a NWO or a unified plan to install one. I am speaking about governments in general, and in general, they all devolve the same way. What I am trying so inadequately to say is that ALL governments will tend to Absolutism over time, unless some force acts on their own individual self interests to concede power back to the governed or they are conquered by an outside force. The founding fathers were aware of this devolution of government which is why the US has the system of checks and balances (including, but not limited to, the 2nd Amendment).
edit on 16-1-2013 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
IA with this, and I have to say I don't even own a gun!!! I don't like guns they scare the crap outta me, but who am I to tell someone else he shouldn't be allowed to have a gun?

IA I think it's a bad... bad idea..... to try and take away people's right to own guns. I don't think we have a gun problem in the country, what we do have is an over medicated/mentally ill population with the means to get a gun!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

I think really it's about the means, I.e. The means to kill you.

The means to kill you by going to the glove compartment grabing the gun it a fit of rage and pumping the lot into you?

We don't have that problem because no one has guns? Well maybe locked in there houses in a cabinet for sport shooting or "hunting".

We do however have loonies and mentaly ill people.

Still, we don't seem to murder kids at school or at the cinema.

Why is that you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So you haven't been to NY and seen the UN bldg? You see things are done in long phases so people do not "see" them. The euro is towards monetary unity and control. There was talk of an amero by Lou Dobbs. Now the lid is blown they are calling them "baskets" & guess what eventually the baskets will have a name and a symbol...like money. Who do you think runs that? International Monetary Fund. Qadaffi had an idea about an United African gold backed currency. That means liberty. Nope Fiat and debt only. They have a different idea for Africa. More debt.

So that is a phases. Rome wasnt built in a day has meaning. As I tell people in my business all the time all major construction is done in phases. NATO. Joint military command structure. UN peace keeping forces.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Still waiting?

For what?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join