It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I tried to reach the sheeple on FB earlier......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The following is a FB post written by yours truely. It has been heavily edited due to ATS's T&Cs.

I'm usually pretty couth when it comes to posting on FB out of respect of family and friends. With that being said, please excuse the following. I need to vent a little.

How can you get a raise at the beginning of the year and still take a paycut? Apparently, the government can help you with that. These m**********s can't even balance their books, yet I'm supposed to at the end of every month? The next time we tiptoe up to the 'fiscal cliff' maybe we should go ahead and jump over so we can get this s**t out of the way and maybe get our heads out of our asses in the process.

We sit here arguing about the color of a f*****g gun stock and how many rounds a clip can hold. I got news for you, a bullet is a bullet, b****h. If some nutjob can carry a few hundred rounds of ammo on himself why do you think he couldn't just carry a few extra clips? To be honest it doesn't even matter. Its a distraction method. I'll wave my left hand for you to look at while my right hand slips into your wallet. We have been distracted for a long time.

I know I'm just overreacting and that its not that much and I'm sure someone or something is to blame, but, to be honest, had it been just 50 cents worth of paycut I would still be angry. I'm angry because we police the entire f*****g globe like we are going to make everyones lives better at a cost of over 100million a day and then we sit back and act like we don't have a f******g clue why we are broke.

Our nation is run by some of the most corrupt m*********s on the planet. We all know it, it's so well known that its actually become a joke. Our checks and balances have turned into cheques and lobbiests. Vote goes to the highest bidder. They sit passing laws that they haven't even read. They give their banker buddies billions of dollars because they can't keep their s**t together and we, as taxpayers, get to foot the bill.

In the end, I know I may seem a little peeved, well I am. I know that theres some explination for everything, and theres some scapegoat waiting to take the fall, some people that are more to blame than others, but it doesn't matter. This too is a distraction method used to mask the problem. While we sit back and tell ourselves "wow, we sure showed that guy!" Wake up! we havent shown anyone anything, because the same guy with a different face is ready to pick up where where the first guy left off.

And at this moment the gears are turning to take away the very thing that can stop it all. WAKE UP YOU F******G LEMMINGS!

If you think we are passed all of that then what history lessons you recieved are doing you a dis-service. Just because you got google and a f*****g smart phone doesn't change d**k.

/end rant

Am I wrong?

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Great rant! Do you feel better?

I can't find anything within your post to disagree with so I second your motion!!

S&F - BUMP!

edit on 15-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No I dont feel better and I truely believe every word that was in the OP. I feel about the same because the level of lemmings around me hasn't changed.

MOTF!

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
people on facebook dont care about real world problems. Unless its the trend of the week, like kony2012 or some BS. Your better off talking to people in person, might be easier to connect

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I post stuff all the time on FB falls on deaf ears, I even had people say I'm not worried they wont do it, or the government is for us....I'm at a loss of words, but I do believe when the TV and internet are gone people will realize very quick, and when they need help, help will be gone or Bugged out,

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Sorry fella. I can reach 350+ people the way that I have done it. I could reach maybe 2 or 3 on the street in the same ammount of time. If only 10% of the people on FB read it, I'm still doing better than what I could have done in the street.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I agree with just about everything you said, almost
The thing is *cough* no one asked the USA to be the world police. The last time I checked the US government invaded Iraq and Afghanistan unilaterally. And I'm getting ready to get flamed here

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
but aren't your contacts on FB people who you actually know? so all of your contacts on FB are eejits in your estimation i suppose, so why even bother waste your time doing that or even continuing to have anything to do with them if thats how you feel - you may as well just bang your head against a wall.
edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: tpyo

edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: my inability to type or spell

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No I dont feel better and I truely believe every word that was in the OP. I feel about the same because the level of lemmings around me hasn't changed.

…and it won’t change. The human condition will not allow many of us to face reality head on; it’s too hard for many people to process.

Besides, American Idol starts tomorrow so any hope in that changing is lost!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

the only people on facebook who would take the time to read and comprehend your message on facebook are people who already think the same as you, or people who disagree and wont ever see things differently. If you talk to someone in person, that real life interaction will have more of an impact on them. That is what is needed to "wake up" somebody. But if you think you can wake up somebody through facebook rants, goodluck... (not being sarcastic)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

people on facebook dont care about real world problems. Unless its the trend of the week, like kony2012 or some BS. Your better off talking to people in person, might be easier to connect

Sorry, when I first read your post, I thought you said you'd be better off talking to people in prison. Then when I though about it, I realised that would probably be accurate.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Our nation is run by some of the most corrupt m*********s on the planet. We all know it, it's so well known that its actually become a joke.

This made me realize why I come to ATS. Why is it a joke? (because it certainly is) Why hasn't anyone done something about it? Because they can't?
edit on 1-15-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Do you somehow think I didn't realize that? I didn't ask for it either.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

The reason why nothing has been done is because too many people are complacent. Something big will have to happen to unite the masses.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I feel you, I wen't on a FB rant election night saying "Unfortunatly the welfare folks have learned how to vote, we are now a welfare nation".

As expected, I get an upset response back from a white girl with 3 black children with another on the way, who is on every type of welfare known to man.

Such a sad nation we are.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I always appreciate your threads, MOTF!
Great minds think alike...

Funny, while I'm not "enlisted" in Fakebook, I have said held the same sentiments for years.
It's probably made it out of my loud mouth a few times, also...the same idea...almost word for word.
But the way I see it, which isn't too extraordinary...
This entire "sham" is setup to fail.
It's designed to fail.
It's very apparent.

The people have just been too fixated on the wrong things...for generations.
Now it's catching up to those who are actually learning about the "sham".
CONgress is beyond fixing by now.
It's beyond unconstitutional.
The truth is out there, yet no one believes it.

I honestly believe that people will continue this trend because they don't know any better.
They don't know how to start fixing it.
They don't know how to let go of their ideals. (brainwashed nonetheless)
They don't know where and when to start.
They don't know how much power they actually have.
All they know is what the MSM tells them.
And who own the media?

I am beginning to think that the people don't want to change.
They are too happy with their convenient lives.

Take away this contrived system and people would have to break a sweat in order to survive.
This is a time of plenty, not a time of starvation, where people are getting fatter and fatter...
They don't have to work hard for their own survival.
They have to work hard to lose weight! FFS! !@#%$&^%
Everything is within arms reach!

The truth is, when this system changes, and it's inevitable it will...
All these conveniences will end.

But how many people can say they learned skills to be self-sufficient?
I'm not sure I can count on one hand as many people who did...(excluding ATS)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Facebook is not a place for preaching. Unsolicited opinions have zero value.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I agree. I hope some of your friends were able to take their eyes off of farmville, for long enough to pay attention. Most of mine wouldn't.
edit on 15-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Sorry to burst your bubble, but more people are awake than you presume.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Thanks for the reply buddy. Its nice to know that I'm not crazy. Listening to lemmings made me have my doubts.

MOTF!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join