It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I tried to reach the sheeple on FB earlier......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Over 50% of this country gave a second term to a man that socialized healthcare, started a war against capitalism, religion and the second amendment, abandoned NASA, took 700+ Billion from medicare, gutted welfare reform, got us into more conflicts, lost our AAA credit rating, added 6 trillion in debt, increased the number of unemployed, increased the number of people on welfare, raised taxes in a RECESSION, etc, etc, etc…

Those people considered the alternative, and said no way, and voted Obama another term!

If you want to blame someone blame those running against Obama, they are the ones the voters rejected.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Facebook is not for people to read, no one is interested in you or what you have to say.

Facebook is for people to post to, and/or have a rant on, so they think that what they have to say is important and they are doing something.

The thread title said it all, "I tried to reach the sheeple on facebook"

You are one of those sheeple on facebook... so why should anyone listen to you?
edit on 15-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

My FB post wasnt about political affiliation. If you think that you have completely missed the plot.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I'm sorry you are surrounded by people who don't care enough about you to listen to what you have to say.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Can i friend you on FB? I actually made a post earlier today on FB, not in detail, but a short rant nonetheless, and its the only thing ive ever posted thats gotten a "like", and i credit that to a sentence i wrote that included the phrase "jesus playing frisbee with a kitten wearing pajamas".... Totally agree with your post though. S+F

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I like your rant. Hopefully it will not fall on deaf ears.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yea i gave up on Facebook rants, because all i would get are comments like. "Dont worry about a thing, God will sort things out". Or i would just be called crazy. The only reason i have facebook is because my family and friends live on the East coast.

Luckily i have a buddy from the Corps. that i guess we can call a "conspiracy theorist" that lives out here in Calli with me. We talk about this stuff all the time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by kdog1982

I believe our current situation is why college is so expensive. Can't have too many people studying history on the upper level. Leave them with their dreams of bubble gum and lollipops.

MOTF!

That couldnt be more true. Ive learned so much in my first semester...I mean i knew history thats taught in public grade school is biased and wring but, jeez, these kids are really being lied to.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
MOTF awesome rant and I couldn't agree with you more.

I post quite a bit of informative topics on FB but nobody ever pays attention unless it's an ATS member I have as a friend. Most of my non ATS friends don't care about the world and what is really going on. They tell me I'm paranoid and should stop reading this site and stop reading the internet. It's like they really think the TV is telling them the truth. I have tried to "inform" my mother but she won't listen. I told her I find more real information on the internet than she ever will on her cable tv news. My mom has never even had a computer so I know she has no idea what she is talking about.

It seems people care more about Kim Kardashian's baby than real world issues. I won't lie I post my fair share of "gossip" but I also know what the heck is really going on. It seems every time there is some huge financial decision to be made there is some huge distraction that starts up and people stop talking about the real issue.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
I agree with just about everything you said, almost
The thing is *cough* no one asked the USA to be the world police. The last time I checked the US government invaded Iraq and Afghanistan unilaterally. And I'm getting ready to get flamed here

The last time I checked, the US invaded Iraq as part of a coalition, and the invasion of Afghanistan was a NATO collective defense action. Not a flame, just a correction.

As for the OP, I'm sure you woke up lots of sheeple by ranting at them and calling them #ing lemmings. Truly excellent rhetoric, the Greek sophists could not have done better. You are like St. Paul at the Areopagus. Bravo!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great rant, I use to try on facebook even tried to keep it simple and post videos thinking well they don't have to read maybe that will work. I just deleted my account.:@@

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You have your own opinion and others were not easily swayed by it, therefore they must be sheeple. Here I was thinking sheeple were easily swayed into other peoples thought process.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Excellent rant, and not overreacting one little bit. I hope it goes viral, honestly. But FB will probably censor you, since they are under the thumb of the administration. Spineless Mark Zuckerberg probably cried like a bitch when the men in suits paid him a visit that day.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplecannon
You have your own opinion and others were not easily swayed by it, therefore they must be sheeple. Here I was thinking sheeple were easily swayed into other peoples thought process.

You're right. It is hard to sway someone's opinion when they are simply repeating someone else's.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You have a great point, but my situation is a bit different. I make it a point to not post much on Facebook. I'm sure my opinion blew some of my closer friends out of the water. Now, I'm quite surprised at the amount of people who are like minded on my Facebook.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

FB is the wrong medium if your looking for people who give a toss about the truth. However, if you want to post about your latest conquest or the most meaningless discovery, your BM, insulting remarks about the person whom you happen to be out on a date with at the time of posting then FB is the place to obsess over and live a meaningless vicarious life through.

FB is like you said....................for lemmings. For the truth seekers we find ourselves hitting the FB delete button. I'm glad there is a delete button although technically they keep every shred of content you ever posted forever. That social medium simply makes a person feel violated in soooo many ways.

S&F
edit on 15-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
S&F I don't post hardly anything on FB. 1) because I don't like sharing details of my life with the whole world
2) because nothing I say will get through to any of them and my friends know my feelings on main stream media and all the rest and know they can come ask me questions if they want.

that being said I have noticed in the last couple of days that a couple of my "sheeple" friends have gotten more interested in all the... let's say "anomalies" that occurred with Sandy Hook, that being said I have reached out to them to kind of test the waters about where they stand on other touchy subjects. I'd like to believe that maybe one by one they are slowly waking up, I just hope it happens before it's to late.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by Mugen

The reason why nothing has been done is because too many people are complacent. Something big will have to happen to unite the masses.

MOTF!

I agree with people being complacent but they are also naive in thinking that political ideals ,religion and doing the right thing for the country trumps over MONEY. For some reason people understand that the money makes the world turn around except when it comes to their own political party?

However, nothing big will happen, they (lobbyist & special interest groups) are too smart for that to happen. They use Machiavellian tactics and know when to back down and they have patience on how they cleverly pass new regulations.

Unfortunately, I don't foresee the sheeples waking up any time soon and the small awaking of recent will be closed down soon enough when they regulate and put their iron fist on the internet.

The internet is very dangerous for them because it allows for bidirectional interaction unlike in the past where the MSM controlled most if not all the view points with radio,television, and paper.

I see the world including the USA going to a communist state or third world country in the future. Not sure of the timing. Most of us members here understand that our politicians are puppets to the puppet masters (lobbyist & special interest groups), therefore ask yourself who do they like dealing with and where have they shipped all the jobs too. Corporations like nothing more than desperate law abiding workers rather than middle-class citizens with options.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Beautiful rant sir, you did good with it. My version would have had way more cussing in it though. Thinking about all of it just boils my blood so bad I start shaking. It infuriates me. Infuriates isn't a strong enough word actually. So I start swearing a lot.
This kind of stuff is why I can't stand being around people anymore, because there is a huge piece of America that would disagree with everything you said, because they are mind-numbingly ignorant and STUPID!!! Being stupid is already freaking annoying enough, but now they are consistently voting TERRIBLE and obviously self centered, greedy, power hungry pukes into positions of authority over ME. Congressmen and presidents who hardly even bother hiding it anymore. It blows my mind.

It's obvious to me now that you don't have to be smart to get into a government position of power, you just have to be able to dig deep down and find your inner retard so you can communicate with the voting public on their level. And then have enough patience to be around them 24/7 for a few months.

ARGH!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yea i try connecting with people based on the experiences of my butt ******. But as amazing as it seems atlest in the hot bed of this group i am living around. It causes fear of me. Talking about human self defense. Self protection ect is getting turned around or the betrayer back stabers. Fack life hypno cult. Are afraied i am going to bust there you know what for messing my life up fir the past 18 years. I realy need to start nameing names ect. And telling the world. But i still secretly hope probley stupidly that i can work this out so i can have a real life again. As it is now. There is nothing i trust. There is my rant lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join