It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Constitution to Be Read Aloud in House Tuesday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is all for naught.

Nancy Pelosi admitted on national tv in her weekly press conference her ignorance back in November. I think this should be an impeachable offense. See what happens when someone has been in the congress for over 25 years. I would have thought they would be the experts seeing how they are representing the people.

Source

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) confused the 14th and 11th Amendments when suggesting the president could bypass Congress and unilaterally raise the debt ceiling, saying, “Whatever it is, I’m with the constitution.” During her weekly press conference on Capitol Hill on Thursday, Pelosi was asked about the need for two separate deals in Congress to both raise the approaching debt ceiling and address the expiration of the Bush era tax cuts. “I would hope not,” Pelosi said. “I would hope that by now—well, me, I’m with the 11th Amendment, so.” “Is it the 11th Amendment?” she asked. “That—14th is it?” “Whatever it is, I’m with the Constitution of the United States,” said the Minority Leader.

All of congress should be called up to recite the Constitution. The caveat is how do we actually make them truly understand they work for us and the constitution is the Holy Grail they should be living by!

edit on 15-1-2013 by mcsandy because: ETA

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

I agree, if they dont know what amendment it belongs to, youre out of a job
If you dont know your job outline, how are you supposed to DO YOUR JOB?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
When the debate starts on Feinstein's Gun Control Bill I would hope that a gaggle of Senators will take turns reading directly from the writings of the Founding Fathers on the importance of guns and the second amendment as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I would like to see a list of all the members who did not show up for the reading of the constitution. I think a lot of us would find that the person we voted for is on that list.

Things like this always bring to mind a poll that i saw last year in which most of the responders said that congress was doing a bad job but most of those same people also said that they their representative was doing a good job.

That`s a lot like saying that the septic tank stinks but it`s other people`s turds that are making it stink, because my turds smell good.

I guess this is the type of government we get when we have idiots voting for morons.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They need a YouTube video to present the Constitution with some hip-hop playing in the background. Probably the only way Congress would ever learn whats in that document.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

So what... they did this in 2008 and what did that do?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
When the debate starts on Feinstein's Gun Control Bill I would hope that a gaggle of Senators will take turns reading directly from the writings of the Founding Fathers on the importance of guns and the second amendment as well.

I had responded elsewhere here and caught your response. Emergency legislation has been laid out on the left coast and now New York is the true testing ground where they will slap down (and seem to want) major gun control legislation.

Sorry - didn't mean to stray off topic but the legislature process is almost pure sattire. They are constantly changing the rules as the go with no regard to our Bill of Rights nor the Constitution.

As Club Rome has advised never let a great crisis go to waste; crisis mode superceedes any formal decree due to NDAA now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join