It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Constitution to Be Read Aloud in House Tuesday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

For the second time ever, the U.S. Constitution will be read aloud in the House chamber Tuesday morning.

The House Rules Package, H. Res. 5, which passed in the House Jan. 3, included a provision to permit the 10:00 a.m. reading Tuesday morning at the recommendation of the new House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte.

abcnews.go.com... -constitution-to-be-read-aloud-in-house-tuesday/
This should be mandatory to listen to. I hope it makes a difference but i feel that it will do as much good as it did last time. The answers we the people are looking for are found in this document but i hold no faith that we are safe from a tyrannical government at this time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Would be nice to see if it will be televised?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

It is happening now. I caught a few minutes on fox.

houselive.gov...

edit on 15-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Unless they have a copy of "The Constitution for Dummies" I doubt that they will understand half of whats read.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Would be nice to see if it will be televised?

C-SPAN. The channel that nobody watches but we all pay for.

Here it is online: C-SPAN

ETA: Notice all the empty seats.
edit on 15-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

thanks, ever since the HD upgrade I haven't had TV, watching now

edit on 15-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would very much like to see a roll-call of all in attendance. Then I would like for those NOT in attendance to be required to take and pass an exam on the Constitution. Finally, I would like to see those who did not attend and failed the exam to be immediately recalled and classified as unfit to serve.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

ETA: Notice all the empty seats.

I noticed that too
This should be MANDATORY ALL BE PRESENT
edit on 1/15/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Amendment 14:
Noone should be deprived of their rights by ANY STATE!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
none of those idiots care they are all probably at a private whorehouse/strip club somewhere doing bumps off a hookers tit smoking illegal cuban cigars, drinking 100yr scotch, laughing about how stupid all of the little poeple are for supporting them when they do nothing but get paid to shill around for big business, don't read any bills just sign what they are told to, ect.

they wouldnt know the constitution if you read it to them they would probably thing it was a fiction book they had never read before just like all the other things put in front of them they dont read.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I watch it when I have trouble falling asleep.

link   
Half the seats empty and the rest taking a nap.
It's really tiring not reading the bills and chasing pages around.

link   
Amendment 15:
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

ALL these states denying felons the right to vote are unconstitutional

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

They already know all the important parts, like having control over commerce, and the general welfare, and what's necessary and proper, and borrowing money they'll never personally have to pay back.
edit on 15-1-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Congress will draft a new 1 just as soon as they find a pencil sharpener as all the crayons are broken

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice,

The representative reading this emphasized TWICE as he said it...being the dirtbag trying to get this repealed so comrade obama can run again

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
Congress will draft a new 1 just as soon as they find a pencil sharpener as all the crayons are broken

Plus it's recess time! Then nap time.Then i think there will be finger painting.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

For the second time ever, the U.S. Constitution will be read aloud in the House chamber Tuesday morning.

The House Rules Package, H. Res. 5, which passed in the House Jan. 3, included a provision to permit the 10:00 a.m. reading Tuesday morning at the recommendation of the new House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte.

abcnews.go.com... -constitution-to-be-read-aloud-in-house-tuesday/
This should be mandatory to listen to. I hope it makes a difference but i feel that it will do as much good as it did last time. The answers we the people are looking for are found in this document but i hold no faith that we are safe from a tyrannical government at this time.

It really should be read aloud every year, or atleast every two years to ensure newly elected Representative's understand what they are supposed to be doing.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 1

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

18th amendment
Section 1. After one year from the ratification of this article the manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors within, the importation thereof into, or the exportation thereof from the United States and all territory subject to the jurisdiction thereof for beverage purposes is hereby prohibited.

Section 2. The Congress and the several States shall have concurrent power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
Section 3. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of the several States, as provided in the Constitution, within seven years from the date of the submission hereof to the States by the Congress.

Wasn't this embarassing enough the first time?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Maybe there should be some kind of entrance exam before one has any power???
I bet many would fail.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join