It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Are those figures correct? And do you really think it's that bad for the US?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by SpearMint

They would never win. How can you win when everyone is dead? The government and the army are still a minority. Also, chances are, not every soldier will turn on his own people in such a war. The US GOVERNMENT ARE TOO VULNERABLE RIGHT NOW TO EVEN RISK TAKING THE CITIZENS GUNS AWAY...

Sorry caps.

it's a real shame there are not any threads about US gun control for you to state that in, oh well, perhaps one day, eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?
.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here.

......guns are here. Judging by the materials they are made of, and the scum that prefer to use them for purposes that the average person would not means even with a total ban on guns we have at least 3-4 generations to worry about them.

So that being said....ever watch that video of the peace and free speech loving idiot standing in Tienanmen square against the tanks? Many morons (most left leaning crybabies like yourself) though "how brave, what a beautiful symbol of freedom"......while the rest of us thought to ourselves "what a shame, a country full of idiots let it get that bad, shame on them".

I wonder what method of thinking is the best? But then again, you have demonstrated your too ignorant to even understand the question.
edit on 15-1-2013 by gameisupman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I've actually avoided US gun threads most of the time. I posted in this one because it's UK related. Sorry if it was off topic, I was just thinking out loud...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?
.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here.

Despite the fact you have no command over your posted language, or are too lazy to correct your grade-school mistakes......guns are here. Judging by the materials they are made of, and the scum that prefer to use them for purposes that the average person would not means even with a total ban on guns we have at least 3-4 generations to worry about them.

So that being said....ever watch that video of the peace and free speech loving idiot standing in Tienanmen square against the tanks? Many morons (most left leaning crybabies like yourself) though "how brave, what a beautiful symbol of freedom"......while the rest of us thought to ourselves "what a shame, a country full of idiots let it get that bad, shame on them".

I wonder what method of thinking is the best? But then again, you have demonstrated your too ignorant to even understand the question.

your attempts to slur someones grasp of english are hilarious given the errors in your own post.
i assume that you are from the US from the grade-school reference - it's a good job we dont start crying about it when johnny foreigner comments on a UK issue like many US posters do when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

uh you must be looking at Piers Morgan numbers. Your violent crime rate blows ours out of the water...so yeah. Seems that even after they took your guns you found ways like knives and what not to get your crime fix. Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sxt004

Except what counts as a violent crime in the UK wouldn't class as one anywhere else........just shouting profanity/abuse at someone in the street is recorded as a violent crime.

If violent crimes of the physical nature were the only ones recorded, the numbers would be a damn sight lower.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

www.ukcrimestats.com...

Wow good think they don't have guns there. If this is the same Moss Side you are referring to. I mean all the burglaries and what not are enough to make me want to "not" own a gun.

Come on man you really think that if there was gun ownership there that there would be as much burglary?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Once again i would like to remind people, because they seem to have a mental block about this, the American form of government is a Constitutional Republic not a God forsaken democracy. Why do you think .00001 % of our population is able to force the other 99.99999 to allow their particular aberrations re gay marriage? Things that apply to democracies don't necessarily apply to us.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by sxt004

Except what counts as a violent crime in the UK wouldn't class as one anywhere else........just shouting profanity/abuse at someone in the street is recorded as a violent crime.

If violent crimes of the physical nature were the only ones recorded, the numbers would be a damn sight lower.

not according to uk crime stats, but i'll take your word for it since you live there.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sxt004

uh you must be looking at Piers Morgan numbers. Your violent crime rate blows ours out of the water...so yeah. Seems that even after they took your guns you found ways like knives and what not to get your crime fix. Nice try though.

the crime figures debate has been done to death elsewhere but it would appear that both countries collect their figures from a different POV, re what is classed as violent crime - different countries, different methods and approaches which is natural enough. at least our knife wielding thugs have the nuts to do it close up, rather than shooting which you can do while hiding behind cover and running/driving away

edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: typos

less collateral damage too, see OUR thugs care lol
edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: more grist for the mill

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The UK differs from the US in that we are a small Island, thus it is very easy for the population of the UK to operate with a single purpose when the need arises.

We do not need guns here because we can apply pressure at the voting booth, be it Local Council or MP there is a point beyond which they can not go, they know it, we know it.

Here in the UK as I'm sure you know...we got dicked by the Tories....then we got dicked by New Labour.....now we are getting dicked by The Tory/Liberal alliance.

Guess what........we won't be voting Tory, Labour or Liberal will we........no....we will be voting for UKIP or for Independent non-political persons.

The only reason we can do that is because we are a small densely packed Nation with a long history and a culture that has seen Tribal Law, Roman Law, Anglo-Saxon Law, Dane-Law, Norman Law etc etc.
When it comes to politics and BS we are pretty savvy and up to speed as a population, this land has seen many Battles.

The US is very different....it's like comparing Apples and Oranges.

The US has one Law......The Constitution.
The Second Amendment, the Right to Bear Arms is just that...a Right.....even more so..it is a Right that cannot be infringed.

Every American has the CHOICE to own a gun.......if you do not like Guns or do not feel the need to own a gun, then guess what....you don't have to...you can choose not to own a gun......but what you do not have is the Right to disarm those who do have Guns.

That is the whole premise of what Constitutes the United States and actually all Western Nations....taken by force, maintained by the threat of force....The US is big with a well armed Establishment....it pleases me that Americans are Armed just in case the need arises...we call that a Deterrent....just like a Cold War between the People and the Establishment.

Here in the UK it's so small it's like fight club....I could almost reach out and slap David Cameron from my living room....but it is the same People verses Establishment Cold War.

What we all have lost already is the direction of Policy....when was the last time you were asked about Policy....no..what we get is a choice of pre-packed Policy....our Power as individuals and as a group is being eroded everyday...to the point that we can be spoon fed a false reality.

People should never get so confident so as to believe we have reached a point in civilization where Tyranny can never happen....let me tell you something ....sh*t happens ...usually when you're not looking.

C..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Suspiria

Drunk? This time of the day? At work..... Hoping to cop off with a kinky American babe? Me? Lol

No..

Being logical..

With "what if's"

I honestly believe that our government has no fear of us.. Be honest suss.. When was the last time our democratic wishes were adhered too?

We vote

But every government carries on from the last a program that seems like a plan to destroy the heart and soul of this country.. They are all either completely inept.. Or are indeed carrying out a program...

Disarming us has made us into something to be ignored by the political elite..

Can you absolutely say that is not so?

Can you also say that things would not be be different if we were armed?

edit on 15-1-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

Whose democratic wishes are not being adhered to. Yours ? your mate's at the pub ? How do you know what the majority want ?

I certainly don't want a bunch of armed threatening idiots supposing they have a mandate from me when they don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

OP - What you say here is very true. I remember the Anti War Protests we had for the Invasion of Iraq.
There were 5 million people Protesting the streets in london, Outside No 10 Downing street, Buckingham Palace etc etc, But this was never mentioned in the news.

In Actual fact, There were demonstrations all over the whole countries even in small rural communities not just the big city's. yet the government did nothing to appease it's people. We may as well live in a dictatorship.
The government clearly cares not for the opinions of it's own people.

However, I believe it is still legal to own a firearm in the form of a shotgun, If I am correct, it is every Englishmens Right to own a shotgun. All you need is a firearms cabinet, and a Shotgun license.
Shotgun License's can be obtained from a local police station, and all you have to do is say that you have recently become interested in clay pigeon shooting or something.

I reccomend everyone to get one soon as possible before they become illegal too.

An application for an SGC (shotgun certificate) can be obtained from any police station. For an application to be successful applicants must demonstrate to the police that they have satisfactory security in place and that the possession of a shotgun would not constitute a danger to public safety or to the peace. Applicants must nominate a counter-signatory to approve their application and must declare all criminal convictions, no matter how old or trivial.

Shot Gun Certificates (SGC) (valid for 5 years) Grant of Shot Gun Certificate £50.00 Renewal of Shot Gun Certificate £40.00 Replacement of Shot Gun Certificate which has been lost or destroyed £ 8.00 Renewal of Shot Gun Certificate which expires at the same time as a firearms certificate (i.e. co-terminous) £10.00

I did a little more research online, You can get a Gun cabinet for as little as 50 pounds, and a shotgun for as little as 100 pounds. just do a search online

Sources: Gun Law In the UK

-Phase.
edit on 15-1-2013 by PhaseFour because: Wanted to add stuff to the original post.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My uncle used to run a gun club in London many years ago, I used to go as a teenager and I still shoot every chance I get to go to the US.
You can own guns in the UK, depending on the type of course, shotguns are easier to get than most others in the terms of real bullet firing ones not airguns.
Then you can also have rifles, including 50 cal sniper rifles so if the government were TRULY worried they'd stop them being sold. You can even have a handgun PROVIDING you have the correct license and it was made before 1915 if I remember correctly.
I would love to own guns, but I see them as tools for enjoyment or defense and if I were to have weapons and something was to happen I'd seriously have to think before using said weapons on a person or even an animal.

If not the guns that kill people, its the people using guns that kill, proper pychological tests should be run before anyone gets a gun but other than that I think anyone who wants one should be able to decide for themselves.
Failing that seeing as the criminal element in society can ge a gun with no problems and gun crime has only increased why not bring it back, the last few years shows that even with 'no guns' in the publics hands gun violence still happens.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Its why
www.abovetopsecret.com...

will go through completely unchecked with only a verbal disagreement followed by you guys breaking your own stuff that you know you will get taxed more to fix...so you even end up paying for the stuff you broke "rioting"...

At some point along the way when you start REFUSING your subjugation you will have to defend yourself because the people who are in power over you.

They did not get there without killing people who refused to respect their "authority"....they killed and they did so enough to make an example out of them for the rest of the lot.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
My uncle used to run a gun club in London many years ago, I used to go as a teenager and I still shoot every chance I get to go to the US.
You can own guns in the UK, depending on the type of course, shotguns are easier to get than most others in the terms of real bullet firing ones not airguns.
Then you can also have rifles, including 50 cal sniper rifles so if the government were TRULY worried they'd stop them being sold. You can even have a handgun PROVIDING you have the correct license and it was made before 1915 if I remember correctly.
I would love to own guns, but I see them as tools for enjoyment or defense and if I were to have weapons and something was to happen I'd seriously have to think before using said weapons on a person or even an animal.

If not the guns that kill people, its the people using guns that kill, proper pychological tests should be run before anyone gets a gun but other than that I think anyone who wants one should be able to decide for themselves.
Failing that seeing as the criminal element in society can ge a gun with no problems and gun crime has only increased why not bring it back, the last few years shows that even with 'no guns' in the publics hands gun violence still happens.

You make a very good point. In actuality, only one murder performed by gun is absolute proof that gun control is a failure, unless you are willing to put a price on that one human life!
edit on 15-1-2013 by ajay59 because: to amend

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Back when you should own handguns etc.

The only people i knew with guns, were local farmers with shot guns to take out foxes and bunnies.

Im not remotely scared of being shot. Criminals can get guns if they try, they are smuggled into the UK with drugs and such so while very people have them, i think we SHOULD be allowed to own a gun for home defense - with some pretty obvious restrictions, mentally stable, police checks, no criminal record and so forth.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The OP is really an incoherent rant about guns...I think? The gun lobby is far too small in Britain to make any difference, and since the vast majority of people do not want them anyway, and never really did, even here in Northern Ireland where the gun laws are different than the rest of the UK, and where you can own a weapon for personal protection. Any philosophical rights issue about guns in the UK versus guns in the US, is like comparing Apples to Oranges. We are not the same people, we have different outlooks and attitudes, and there's not much use in debating it, and compared to what's happening in other, poorer parts of the world, where people are dying daily by guns for nothing, (no secrets about where the guns come from) only makes stupid rants like this one, a product of the spoilt child.
edit on 15-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

They would never win. How can you win when everyone is dead? The government and the army are still a minority.

Lol. Oh, yeah, your right, we will just start arming women and children to fight some ridiculous hypothetical war against the government, just so you can retain your right to own a weapon designed to kill people.

This website is so filled with wackjobs, its hilarious.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join