It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food for thought! Put gun control to a vote of the people - not politicians.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So Americans disarm themselves and a week later the Blue Meanies from outer space land and want to take over our world for its resources and obvious protein supply - who is going to cover your back?
Our military - you gotta be kidding me.
Mr. Obama - will run for Hawaii and hide out in his underground bunker.
Our politicians - who can't even get it together to produce a balanced budget.
The Muslims - will rejoice and use their machetes to help the Blue Meanies.
The rich - throwing money at a Blue Meanie might get him really mad. Who says they like and want gold? Maybe they need protein more than gold.
Maybe the Blue Meanies just want us dead so they can have a nice planet with rich resources.
Who says the Blue Meanies will be peaceful and want to help us achieve transition into a higher density but you see that means the transitioners and those left behind have to die to get where they are going.
Just like in Independence Day maybe they are not even capable of feelings for those of us in this Universe. Maybe to them we are like cockroaches - just bugs under their feet.
Maybe the only thing that will work against them is bullets and good old primitive warfare.
I think humans - specially Americans ought to think more that twice about gun control and instead of Executive Orders - why not put it to a vote of the people - we are quite capable of intelligent thought and due process!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
LOL At a Government ever giving the people a vote on something that actually matters to them. Would be like Cameron giving us the vote on Europe, he already knows we should choose to ditch it and end up saving our land which would totally f*ck up his plans.

Naw you will get votes on every little silly thing that has no bearing on your life and apart from that nothing else.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Why would aliens come here to take our resources when the universe is full of them and even earth like planets aren't just a what if anymore bud.

Protein isn't just found in meat either. Who said the aliens eat meat?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by garygnu

Oh yes. Arm the population in case aliens invade.

So many straws. So much clutching.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just whom do you suppose is mutilating cattle, humans and whatever else? Just whom is kidnapping millions of people around the world - never to be seen again?
Do you propose that it is our governments that are responsible for these acts of atrocity? Precision laser cuts and removal of left eye, tongue, ears, anus and reproductive organs with a complete loss of blood in the animal or human being - these being done by our government?
It appears whomever is doing this does not want disabled children and once abducted the disabled are returned apparently unharmed. Sometimes twenty or more miles away from where last seen with parent who is now missing with no clues as to where the parent went!
I must admit that it is not beyond human experimentation on unwilling victims but I also feel it is highly unlikely that humans are responsible for the disappearances and or mutilations - that now number in the millions or billions.
Sometimes the truth is as strange as fiction - maybe the Owl people did it, maybe some mad scientists like Monsanto seems to have employed to change the genetic structures of natural earth born or made products.
With billions of people inhabiting this planet we appear to have become expendable and of no great moment or value to investigate just where the missing people went. Who is responsible for the mutilations - does our government care or are they covering up that which they already know and possibly agreed to allow.
After all what is a few million people to experiment on when our earth population is hitting the three hundred billion mark. What does it matter that cattle disappear and return and no earthly predator will scavenge their mutilated bodies.
I don't suppose there is any way to calculate how many wildlife have been taken - who cares about wildlife, deer, bison, and birds - maybe even insects all to what purpose. If we can calculate how many cattle and humans are missing or mutilated - why is it improbable to stretch those events out to also cover other innocent creatures.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe it's called a referendum...and yes, "We the people" can demand these type of things through our First Amendment right to petition the Government...a power that seems like is rarely used for real accomplishment anymore. Instead, we get loons petitioning to secede or to build a "Death Star" or to mint a trillion dollar coin.

If we actually used the power that the Constitution gave us correctly, we could accomplish much. I digress though. Getting a meaningful petition into circulation and getting the word out takes a lot of time and most people are too distracted or dumbed down to invest that time..."gotta play me X-box and text with all my buds"...

But then again, the Congress would come back and say a referendum vote would cost too much money and prob shoot it down any way.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by garygnu

I really think you need to calm down.

Seriously.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No. Don't put it to a vote by the people. You don't want your rights frittered away by people who have an average IQ of 100. It's in the Constitution for a reason, to make it diffcult to allow it to be "voted away" by people with more emotion than sense. If you want to pass an amendment to the constitution, have at it. We'll see how far it goes.

new topics

top topics

join