It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got punched in the face for asking for my receipt; literally.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Well this is lining up to get into something. You need a membership.

You don't need a membership to the receipt or point of sale club

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Reading through this thread, I can tell you that you are going to be miserable in life so I feel sorry for you, in that regards. I'm not trying to be negative since I don't know you, but just from what you wrote you appear to enjoy misguiding your energy for a worthless result. Energy is not infinite so you might want to rethink how you are burning that energy. What did you expect to accomplish with your lecture and statements? Did you expect to start a receipt revolution , did you expect to teach him a lesson, Did you expect to show him you are not going to take it?

You also appear to enjoy being the victim or starting a situation then claim being the victim. That thought process is not going to get you ahead anywhere. Making a big deal about asking for a receipt the next time you come in the store which so happens to be the store policy is ludicrous to me.

You also place to much importance on yourself from others point of view. Why would the cashier care if 5K other stores didn't give you your receipt? Why does the cashier care that next time you are going to be asking for a receipt? Why the lecture? Take action and fix the problem. Start with blaming yourself for not asking for the receipt ahead of time , as you mentioned was the store policy. Its not the guys fault that you forgot this time.

Ofcourse this is all assuming this not a trolling thread like from that one guy who keeps getting band but yet he manages to pop back up once in a while. After all its hard to comprehend why someone would give a lecture about asking for a receipt the next time they come back to a store?

I now understand why some store print the following label next to their register " if no receipt is provided your meal is free? . You are that guy , BTW you don't want to be that guy. I hope you really realise this for yourself sooner than never as you will live a miserable live.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

Why didn't you just say "Receipt please?".
Oh yeah, I know all too well when you talk too much you are liable to say the wrong thing and tic off somebody
who is let's say looking for an excuse to explode.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You know what guys? I've been rude at Tim Hortons before, and
the woman behind the counter is intuitive enough to understand
that "wow this guy is a prick, oh well, must not be his fault or if it is I'm sure
he'll fix it and come back a better person next time."

Never did any of the Tim Horton's employees try to wrestle me

link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yes there is, an irate customer causing a commotion in a store making other customers feeling uncomfortable should be removed. Which is exactly what the OP was

Speaking in general terms here - not referring to the OP's situation - there is no justification for unilaterally punching a customer who is being disruptive. I don't care if you're a bouncer in a club and an off-duty cop. It is assault and battery. End of story.

link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman
reply to post by bknapple32

Well this is lining up to get into something. You need a membership.

You don't need a membership to the receipt or point of sale club

Apparent you have no idea what you are talking about. You do not need a membership to get into a nightclub. And dont try and say you were confused and meant a country club because you mentioned night at the roxbury in reference to my club post.

And it is all the same. Nightclub, or any POS location. Private property is private property. Id love to see you try and swing at one of my bouncers when I was GM'ing two different clubs here in Vegas. Youd have been knocked out, thrown down on the ground and put in cuffs until the cops came to drag you away.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You know what guys? I've been rude at Tim Hortons before, and
the woman behind the counter is intuitive enough to understand
that "wow this guy is a prick, oh well, must not be his fault or if it is I'm sure
he'll fix it and come back a better person next time."

Never did any of the Tim Horton's employees try to wrestle me

Well...did she ask you to leave? Did you oblige? Or did you just leave on your own pricky terms?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've had a few friends like this. Getting into fights all the time and never having a clue that they had a part in it. It was always " this f'n guy! that f'n guy!" crap. I'm glad I've dropped that from my life.

Although, I have to say, none have ever tried to use the martyr, discrimination, BS political angle.

Next time someone asks( or even tells) you to get out of their establishment, just turn around and walk away. Then, think, why do I get kicked out of so many places?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Yes there is, an irate customer causing a commotion in a store making other customers feeling uncomfortable should be removed. Which is exactly what the OP was

Speaking in general terms here - not referring to the OP's situation - there is no justification for unilaterally punching a customer who is being disruptive. I don't care if you're a bouncer in a club and an off-duty cop. It is assault and battery. End of story.

He didn't get punched. Stop holding on....I hate the I'm different for the sake of being different crowd. Always pouting.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Agreed. But in this situation, the OP was the one who punched first, in this case, there is every right to defend yourself and your store.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Uhm, I wonder if Tim Horton's staff had punched him before would he had been rude and disruptive at the other store? By his own account and admittance in his posts he appears to be a habitual @ss yet he is surprised when someone doesn't want to take it or he pushes them over the ledge? The guy was looking for trouble and he found it.

I think he uses the law as his personal bodyguard.

edit on 14-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Agreed. But in this situation, the OP was the one who punched first, in this case, there is every right to defend yourself and your store.

I guess I missed that post, but yeah, I'd punch him back, too.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I can't wait to see his reaction if he ever becomes a store clerk later in life and people just like give him, turn around and do the same thing with the same attitude. Like to see how he handles himself.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm curious about something. The OP mentioned being 22...but hasn't mentioned an important thing in the context of punches being thrown.

How old was the clerk? Was this a 20 something kid too? (No offense...but behavior defines the reference and you're both wrong, ultimately) Or ...was this a Middle aged man or older? That minor detail makes a world of difference... Sorry if it has been mentioned and I might have missed it?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
And not a single receipt was given that day...........

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
He'll eve up sulking and complain to the next set of eyes and ears about how the insensitive people in ats couldn't see how he was in the right. .. until the next time he's kicked out of an establishment. I see a sad never ending circle with this guy.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You've got to be kidding me.

He pushed me. He shoved me in front of his counter when
I refused to leave after asking for my receipt and
asking him to stop swearing at me. I just wanted
him to understand that I want this in the future,
instead he continued to swear. And then that's when - during
the point of the conversation - he intervened, and shoved me.

I didn't do anything. Yes I am the victim. Yes I do have the right to buy property at a business. Yes I do
have the right to my receipt. Yes I was arrogant, but yes I did also control my temper.

Instead of sitting here on ATS griping about it, over and over. IF, you think you are totally faultless in what happened...Call the freakin' cops and file a police report for assault against him.

But, something tells me...you won't be doing that....

Des

Agreed des, don't see it happening.

I find it funny too, that your user name is 'streetfightingman' but you're outraged at the thought of someone fighting you. Maybe that's just me though. Unfortunately ATS isn't big on the sympathy though, maybe try Facebook..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I have been a store clerk before, and I can't handle customer interaction. Except
that I do argue with customers, and try to rationalize with them before
I resort to beating the crap out of them

link   
Well actually, a police report was filed.

link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Absolutely correct. I would assume there were Cameras in the Store also. Was this a mom and pops shop, or a big Retail store?

I would have called the Police, and asked them to review and retrieve the tapes.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join