It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got punched in the face for asking for my receipt; literally.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

Where in Canada is this? name of store? i would like to pay a visit

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Yes. You do. You ALWAYS have the right to resist violence. Always. The shop owner has no right to perpetrate violence on another simply because they didn't do as he said. The shop owner has the right to call for law enforcement to handle a customer who refuses to leave his store. In the same situation I would have returned violence for violence. Call it what you will, I believe that every person has the right to defend themselves against violence.
That said, OP you probably should have saved the diatribe and just asked for the receipt politely the next time you came to the store.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You seriously didn't try to draw parallels between the government run genocide against the Jews in Germany and you having a problem with a store clerk... did you?

i mean.... Really?

Here's the thing. Going from what you said you said, I honestly doubt you came off as calm and collected as you might think you did, in fact, I'd hazard a guess that the clerk would say YOU were the one being aggressive.

Most shops ask if you want a receipt but they don't have to, if you want one, ask for it, instead of spewing out a diatribe that honestly has nothing to do with this low level employee who probably hates his job and every customer that makes him get off his fat ass to open the register.

Overreaction on both parts, but, legally, you don't have a leg to stand on, and could be up on charges for not leaving the store when asked and becoming violent.

Sure, it seems ass backwards, but that's the law friend

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ok here is what I have got.

From his other thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am an autistc,

I thought you said you have Aspergers??

And she started calling me sweet heart and started telling me "I don't like your tone." and "I'm getting uncomfortable." But I swear on the good stars of god, I was a little anxious but I was not raising my voice the least bit.

It seems you have a habit of ticking people off,your last thread had the same theme to it.

You didn't get punched for asking for the receipt,you got punched for how you went about it.

edit on 15-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You asked for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

He forcibly removed you from his store because he asked you to leave several times and you did not.

Could he have handled it better? Absolutely, but you have to understand that your words, to a store owner, would come off as a thinly veiled threat of a lawsuit.

Regardless, though, the fact that you started throwing around words like "domestic terrorist" and comparing his actions to how the Nazis treated the Jews is what disturbs me most.

When you use those words, you're basically saying that you believe he is a danger to our society at large, is likely to try to commit a mass murder, and should be put into prison for several decades.

Words have weight, and, for your own sake, I hope that you learn this.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I had to join just to respond to this thread...
somehow reading it has consumed the last hours and a half of my life, and i feel if i don't say my piece that I will have entirely wasted my morning.

1. in Canada a store owner (or employee if given the authority) can absolutely deny you service, for whatever reason they choose, or no reason at all. and when you are asked to leave if you do not, then they can "remove" you, and can (well within their legal rights) do so with as much force is needed to accomplish that (throwing a rowdy bar patron down a flight of stairs comes to mind).

1a) as for corporate policy... was this a mac's a couchetard, a boni soir, these places have corporate policies that are loosely enforced at the point of sale. other places like Joe Macdonald's corner store do not have corporate policies (or maybe they do) and if they did it would vary from place to place. there is a set of laws governing corporations in Canada, none of them apply in this case because the CBCA is for taxes and formalities and such. though if you want to get nit picky, there is a minimum limit at which point a detailed list of all items in a transaction are listed with taxes broken down, a Sunny D is not equivalent to that minimum value. Did you pay cash? did you pay by credit? by food stamps, by interac, this makes a difference in how the sale is treated (especially if the owner is skimming).

2. No laws against swearing in this country, and asking someone to stop does not make it a law, or a regulation or a statute or a requirement. Canadians swear, get over it.

3. talking in fake legalese and consulting a thesaurus for every other word does not make you sound smart it makes you pretentious

4. aspergers is not an excuse to be a douche

5. a receipt is not a guarantee, it's not a warranty, and it's not a legal document, its a receipt, ie: proof the store sold you something, for their own tax purposes. you (as mentioned somewhere 15 pages ago) can not tax them if they don't give you one, that doesn't even make sense.

6. none of us can even establish if you hit this guy first or not because you are really good at changing your story. he pushed you, you punched him, he punched you a dog peed on my shoe, whatever. you did not listen to him telling you to get out

7. receipts come after a purchase not before

so in conclusion
making up your own set of "regulations" does not in effect make them law, and therefore anyone who i snot you does not have to follow them. every individual has a world view that is unique to them, and everyone lives by their own set of values, sometimes the values of one do not mesh with the values of the other but those of use who are civilized will live and let live, and get on with our day. life lesson right there.
you have no right to be in a business once asked to leave. even in Canada they are considered private property and are treated as such.
you were being a dick when you told the clerk your story about receipts and legal things
you seem to have a solid grasp of when you are being a dick, so you can probably control that.
clerk was in his right to boot you
you were wrong to punch him
this is the bottom line.

either you are a really good troll, or some kind of really special classification of dick

edit on 15-1-2013 by phrookface because: I had to add that line about making up regulations

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sounds like the OP went looking for trouble, then was surprised when he found it

Don't treat people like sh*t and start confrontations like that and you might not get punched in the face in future. He probably thought you were a crazy person looking for a fight, that's how I read it

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Not to be insensitive but we're in two wars, people lost and losing their minds and you're worried about a food-receipt? Seriously?

Let me ask you, what would you have done with that receipt once you got it into your possession? Be honest. Perhaps I'm overlooking something more obvious and frankly, after you accused this person of a acidic remark, my knee-jerk opinion was already formed. You were wrong for being so petty. But like I stated, maybe I am missing something bigger. Please correct me if that's the case.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by streetfightingman
reply to post by Destinyone

That's not true at all. I love earth. I love being outside. I love winter. I love everything
this planet has to offer, and all of it's people. Even this man.

I understand he doesn't like me. For whatever reason. But he also
isn't following the regulations.

You can't go around shoving people. You have to tell them that
"yes you can have your receipt next time."
or
"there's a problem this time, so no."

Not
"Get out." and "F. You."

edit on 15-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

And neither are you. He has every right to kick you out. What part of that are you not understanding.

ANY BUSINESS CAN KICK YOU OUT!!!!!!!!

He shoved you, you punched him. The only assault and battery that occurred was form you. Despite how many times you type " thereof". It makes you sound like miss south carolina. Please stop that, for your own good.

edit on 15-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Probably one of the best responses out of the whole thread.

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm surprised this lasted 20 pages.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
you went in, started trouble got removed by force for being a douche as someone else said/End of story.Quit crying.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well, I'm not really surprised by the turn of events, it seems to me that you were spoiling for a fight, streetfightingman.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You seem as though you're a button pusher. Are you? When you feel the need to blow off steam, do you put yourself in situations with people and purposefully say things that will cause a negative reaction?

My grandmother is like this. She'll say something that she knows will bother you, then act as though she doesn't know what she did wrong and accuse you of having the problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman

That's when he told me to get out and took my food and gave me my money back. No I didn't add that in, I only added it in now, but it's such a small part, so why nitpick over the fact that - then i received my change?

And this is why you never received a receipt.

Case closed.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
** Closed - pending review **

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I remember one time a buddy and I went golfing at a bit of an upscale place. We golfed 9 and then went to the bar to have lunch. We ordered the same meal...the cheapest thing on the menu.

After the meal, the waitress tore off a little pad of blank paper with our total written on it. We both quickly noticed that it was much higher than it ought to have been.

We asked her for a hard copy of the receipt and not just some number written on a paper. She protested and came up with all kinds of ridiculous excuses why she couldn't give us a hard receipt. She said she was too busy...when there were maybe 3 people at the bar and no one else eating. Then she tried to say the machine was down. But that didn't explain why the total didn't sync up with the prices listed on the menu. Then she tried to say that she could xerox a copy of the receipt but couldn't give us the original. She also started getting impatient and accused us of trying to ditch out on the bill.

We settled for the xeroxed copy which had one, but not two (we agreed on one bill that we would split ourselves, in our own way and we both reminded her of this; to bring us one bill for the both of us) of the meals listed. She just xeroxed the same bill twice and gave us one each.

This is when we understood what she was doing. She was gouging prices and pocketing the money for herself while the receipt didn't reflect what we had ordered. She was stealing.

We went to tell the course manager what had happened and he pretty much said, "It was just a mistake. Don't worry about it." We told him that this would be our last visit.

In my opinion, OP, you did nothing wrong. But you could have been less abrasive about it. Some people don't react to bad attitudes. But then again, the waitress described above did not respond to our polite attitudes. We had to be firm and insistent that we would not pay unless we saw an itemized bill...which in the end, we never got.

All I can say is--good for you for making a stand, but be more polite next time.

edit on 15-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

edit on 15-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If you had decent manners and said can i have a receipt please. Instead of all your legal jargon he would have probably given you one.

Good manners cost nothing.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Snoopie because: Fixing a typo

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join