It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got punched in the face for asking for my receipt; literally.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman
reply to post by bknapple32

If you went to target and bought a coke, and then the
cashier - who owned the store - told you to leave when you
asked for your receipt, what would you do or say?

"I'm going to write to Target."

What should I have said?

"I'm going to write to... your mom."

If i was in target, I'd ask for a manager.

In that shop, I'd absolutely call if il felt that strongly. Any good business owner wants feedback

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

You've got to be kidding me.

He pushed me. He shoved me in front of his counter when
I refused to leave after asking for my receipt and
asking him to stop swearing at me. I just wanted
him to understand that I want this in the future,
instead he continued to swear. And then that's when - during
the point of the conversation - he intervened, and shoved me.

I didn't do anything. Yes I am the victim. Yes I do have the right to buy property at a business. Yes I do
have the right to my receipt. Yes I was arrogant, but yes I did also control my temper.

So did he push you or punch you in the head....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I say rude because I said "-and, I think that it's fair
that the next time I come in to purchase something
I would like my receipt."

I didn't say:

"And the next time I come in here, I better get my receipt."
edit on 14-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

He pushed me first. And then he came around the counter after I refused to leave and
I said I would call the cops and he attempted to drag me out of the store

That's when after he stopped the second time, I retaliated with punching him

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I didn't do anything. Yes I am the victim. Yes I do have the right to buy property at a business. Yes I do
have the right to my receipt. Yes I was arrogant, but yes I did also control my temper.

Is hate to see what happens to you when you go to a bar and the bouncer tells you to leave. You need a dose of the real world.

You are not a victim. You have no right to purchase anything if a privately owned store deems you should leave. I'm really trying to avoid saying grow up v here as I'm only 28, but good grief

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

Oh, so you punched him first? Well now that's another story. You assaulted him. From the title you made it sound like he punched you first.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   

I say rude because I said "-and, I think that it's fair
that the next time I come in to purchase something
I would like my receipt."

I didn't say:

"And the next time I come in here, I better get my receipt."
edit on 14-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

We all get it. That's fine. But all you really had to do was not be a dick, not go on a rant about not getting receipts (I stress AGAIN! The clerk at the counter could not have possibly known you were frustrated by this), and keep your mouth shut until next time, in which you could have asked, reasonably and politely for the receipt. And he probably would have smiled and said "sure, no problem", and printed you the God forsaken receipt. Hell, you could have simply asked why they did not give customers receipts in the first place. In a respectful, inquisitive, curious manner. And he probably would have answered it and had a short discussion regarding store policy, or maybe they don't do it simply because people don't ask....there's a reason they don't just hand them out. Had you just asked like a normal human being, you'd know the answer to that. There is also a reason he treated you poorly in return. And there is also a reason you were removed from the store.

link   

He pushed me first. And then he came around the counter after I refused to leave and

From that account, you should have been arrested

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You know why cashiers dont like people who pay with food stamps? Most foodstamp customers are trash. They come in with 7 kids that they dont watch. They make a mess by the soda fountains, they steal anything that isnt glued down. Then they gather up a bunch of candy and throw it down on the counter. They bitch at you when certain things arent covered, they bitch at you when they dont have enough tax dollars to buy their pile of snacks.
I dont even consider most of them paying customers.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Okay...so he asked you to leave. You refused. Much like a bouncer in a club, he shoved you and attempted to physically remove you from private property. You threatened to call the cops....and then you punched HIM.....you are definitely the problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Instead of sitting here on ATS griping about it, over and over. IF, you think you are totally faultless in what happened...Call the freakin' cops and file a police report for assault against him.

But, something tells me...you won't be doing that....

Des

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

I read the first few posts and when you kept putting in the possibility of mental health or just having a bad day but not clarifying which it was for you. i was certain that you would wait for a few people to say you deserved it for your appalling behaviour then go ah gotcha i have a form of autism. very predictable it suggests to me that you want to feel attacked and want to point out peoples anti disability attitude when it isnt there, same thing being rude in shops to people to get a reaction. be careful with that because as you have seen some people can overreact. he shouldnt have hit you unless you hit first or where a danger to the other customers. The lesson here is not to look for victimization you may well find it. Before you suggest i dont understand aspergers syndrome check my post history i live with it and have worked with young disabled people most of my adult life. be well.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's very apparent the OP needs to grow up. And I dont mean that in an insulting way. But he will never understand that he was in the wrong here. And with the story clearing up that HE punched the clerk, its even more apparent that he was there to start trouble and is VERY immature.

I say again, it is you OP who should have been arrested.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Of course he wont, he was the one who punched.

link   

The club is different. From the moment I saw "A Night at The Roxy" I was convinced
it was impossible to enter a club.

link   

I'm just making a guess as to how a cop would have likely handled it. Especially when there isn't a clear-cut story. A cop would get two versions.

And by the way, I have been defending you. There is no justification for a shopkeeper shoving or punching customers, regardless of how much of a dick they were being.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The club is different. From the moment I saw "A Night at The Roxy" I was convinced
it was impossible to enter a club.

Im starting to think you arent even 22.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

What..? That's not what happened at all

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yes there is, an irate customer causing a commotion in a store making other customers feeling uncomfortable should be removed. Which is exactly what the OP was

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
It's very apparent the OP needs to grow up. And I dont mean that in an insulting way. But he will never understand that he was in the wrong here. And with the story clearing up that HE punched the clerk, its even more apparent that he was there to start trouble and is VERY immature.

I say again, it is you OP who should have been arrested.

Now if it is true that the OP was an active participant in the fisticuffs, that is an entirely different story, ain't it....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join