It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who discovered noah's ark? Ron Wyatt or Ed Davis/George Hagopian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

4 and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. Genesis 8:4

edit on 15-1-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishwhisperer

I think Ron Wyatt is on the money here. The Ark isn't his only discovery though as he has also discovered the real Mt Sinai where Moses recieved the 10 commandments...it sold me as as the Biblical account matches exactly and geography are all still there to this day...in Saudi Arabia !!!! of all places. Of course the Saudies have now fenced it off and let no one in to further research the area.

saying that, Mt Sinai deserves a thread on it's own.

I too have seen all of the so called miracle discoveries of Wyatt but, think about it, would not the "chosen people" be jumping up and down saying, "we told ya so" if they had found the true arc of the covenant beyond the shadow of a doubt? Is not their mission to lead as many as possible to the word and the truth? If they could prove biblical history, then they have gone evil in hiding it away from humanity! Wouldn't ya think?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Well, I would hazard a guess that being it was a 'surge' of water, eventually it settled down...which may explain why many areas that once were are now underwater, and the melting of the ice caps wasn't the actual/only/major cause of the increase in sea levels seen in our past.

I saw this video, and thought the idea isn't as far fetched as even I first thought.

edit on 15-1-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by ajay59

Well, I would hazard a guess that being it was a 'surge' of water, eventually it settled down...which may explain why many areas that once were are now underwater, and the melting of the ice caps wasn't the actual/only/major cause of the increase in sea levels seen in our past.

I saw this video, and thought the idea isn't as far fetched as even I first thought.

You do realize that the experiment in the vid was in a climate controlled setting? What would happen to the water outside in the absolute zero environment of space?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If more water was somehow introduced to the planet from without, WHERE DID IT GO? Is it possible for water to evaporate into space? Do a little scientific research yourself and let me or anyone else influence your right to the truth!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

reply to post by ajay59

First of all, learn to use the reply-to button. It's real simple. For someone who thinks 'critically' you should have figured its use out by now....given it's right next to the quote button.

Secondly, every day we're learning what is and isn't scientifically possible.

Thirdly, I don't know the mechanics behind how it may have worked, I already stated this fact, but I won't disregard it just because it's not scientifically replicable just yet.

Finally, it doesn't detail HOW they did it, just that they did it. It could be some technology....maybe even to do with the pyramids...I don't know. This is what ancient texts, the raw translation of, suggest. I'm just relaying that info.

As for the water, like I said, sea levels have risen dramatically. Maybe it wasn't all caused by the end of the ice age.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Firstly, as you can see here, I do have knowledge of the reply button and use it when I see fit.
Secondly, I mean you no disrespect. Quite the contrary, I've always enjoyed your posts and opinions. I merely attempt to rationalize and discuss valid and scientifically provable points. Please accept my apologies if I have offended you.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

You only need to tame that facetiousness....I too am trying to ascertain information, albeit I take all in and disregard very little. And it's the first time in this thread when you've used the reply-to button....generally you don't quote someone who's post is directly above yours...I only quote if the reply needs context (i.e. my reply is several pages after the initial comment).

You're basing your opinion on what is scientifically proven so far. We don't have the technology to mount that volume of water around our planet. We only just have the technology to genetically mess with biology. You see what I'm getting at? These beings, proposed in the Ancient hebrew bible texts, were master geneticists and planetary terraformists....so what is possible for them may not be possible for us until another 1000years of technological development. I don't disregard anything you've said but you completely disregard what is being proposed in these ancient texts because you cannot fit it into your paradigm of scientifically proven facts...so far.

I appreciate logic. But sometimes you need to go further than that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Flavian

It is suggested that the planet was surrounded by a water canopy that protected the planet, distributed light evenly and ensured even tropical weather throughout. The golden age.

It is suggested that 'they' collapsed the water canopy to flood the planet and kill the mutated offspring of aliens/nephilim.

If this is the case then a sudden flood of that magnitude could, and would, reach those heights. In the restoration being done by The Chronicle Project the hebrew glyphs call it 'the that to surge' or what we now refer to it as.....a megatsunami/tidal wave.

you would probably have to evoke a miracle. The water canopy theory doesn't hold up
Not a site I would normally quote, but here you go: Answers in Genesis

A vapor canopy holding more than 7 feet (two meters) of rain would cause the earth’s surface to be intolerably hot, so a vapor canopy could not have been a significant source of the flood waters.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Cheers Pauligirl.

I'm reading the page now. Interesting results. I have taken note of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The claims of Ron Wyatt have been repeatedly disproven by a multitude of scientists and also quite a few prominent creationists as well, the Durupinar site has been studied quite well and found to be a natural formation, geologists have conducted extensive surveys from the site including blasting the middle out of it to try to get down deeper into the structure, they found nothing but rock, quite a variety of rock due to volcanism and metamorphism. The drogue stones have been confirmed to be sourced from the mesopotamia region based on the rock chemistry.

The account by Hagopian says that he was able to fairly easily access the roof and upper deck of the ark or that he walked accross the top of it in around 1908, which conflicts with accounts of other ark hunters that have been unable to find it at all, if Hagopian was able to walk along it, it suggests that it was fairly easily accessible and would surely have been found by others expeditions searching for the ark.

I dont buy any of it, all ive ever seen or heard are heresay and conjecture, usually by people who are so blinded by their eagerness to find proof of their god that they ignore simple facts that point to the ark not existing in any of the supposed locations or even at all, much like many of the people in this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

your the only one here making any sense that i can see, its useless to argue with the rest of them, they believe what they want to believe, not what the facts tell them to believe. i totally agree with you, none of it stands up to scientific scrutiny, and surely if even one religeous person knew of the arks location, they would create a #storm of unparallelled proportions and surely somebody would know something about it. And they can argue as much as they like about the lost/extra water argument of whatever you want to call it, but we can work out the ice mass/water balance historically using delta 16 -18 oxygen isotope comparison retireved from ice core data to show changes in atmospheric compostion going back millions of years, it used to be only about 450k yr, but techniques have improved and we correlate the data between the greenland ice cores and the vostok ice cores from Antarctica. and 450k yr is a lot further back then 6000 years

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I appreciate your support more than you can know. Still, do not be misled by my seemingly dismissive challenges. There are many curious and unanswered questions surrounding all of this such as; why do so many civilizations share the same historical/mythical stories regarding the great flood? We have been told for ages that there has been no contact between these peoples in ancient history. There is a lot of truth out there to be discovered and a lot of untruths to be routed. I believe critical thinking needs to be challenged to keep it sharp!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that it would be discover, by civilians, and not on the cover of every magazine in existance. I guess "they" could cover it up, but then what would be the point of that? It wouldn't really disprove any religion as nearly all of them have a Flood Story. It also wouldn't prove any religion as right, as most religions have a "Flood Story". So, I really don't see a reason to cover it up, other than to keep the world's religions from fighting about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

Thank you for more branches of investigation for me to follow up on.

reply to post by ajay59

Absolutely. Very valid points. That's what we're all here for. The fanatics have a purpose too and they give critical thinkers angles to debunk, but in the process may have their own discoveries while researching facts.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

so many civilizations share the same historical/mythical stories regarding the great flood

For this reason I believe there should be more than one Ark, there is no one "True Ark" and there could be other means of surviving a flood that people decided to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sneaglebob12

The story of Noah's Ark is most likely the story of a Businessman of the region that at one time existed between the Med and Black seas. This area of land that used to seperate the two seas collapsed long ago and allowed the Med to rush into the collapsed land area and into the Black sea.

This area is very close to the Biblical description and such a massive flood would be seen by ancient Man as the flooding of the World.

Since it is obvious that it is impossible for just two of each species to have the genetic diversity to repopulate the Earth as well as at the very least 3 or 4,000 Human are needed to breed what is now the current population as any less than this would neither account for the various races of Man or could any lower number of people be able to have enough genetic diversity.

It is also self evident that even a ship as large as is described to be Noah's would not be large enough to even one tenth of one percent of the size of ship needed just to carry two of every species on Earth.

Noah's Ark is a nice story...but that is all it is...a STORY.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I believe the 'Flood event' happened worldwide and the beings who caused the 'event' did this (made them aware, told them how to save themselves) with many races who were endangered by this flood. The Noah story is just the telling of the story of the saving of the Hebrew people....not the people of the entire planet. I'm still not sure though if the telling of the Epic of Atrahasis, and the telling of Uptanishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh, are really referring to Noah, or this is a separate people also being made aware of the coming flood.

Also, the restored, raw, version of the ancient hebrew bible by The chronicle project team states that it wasn't every species on Earth but just the species that they could use to farm, and birds, and whatever other animals they could gather that weren't unclean (infected by the alien/nephilim DNA). The raw version of the Ancient hebrew bible makes a lot more sense than the King James version.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Still...the story whether it happened or not has certain impossibilities which cannot be denied.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Perhaps it might be beneficial to start a Obama Petition on Noah's Ark! The petition would be for the release of any photos by aircraft or satellite that show unusual objects like boats etc. on or around Mount Ararat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join