It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He is an American citizen though.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

But the second amendment doesn't say anything about legal age or legal guardian or parent. It's very simple and straightforward (so the pro-gunners tell me).

Because that was left up to the parents/people to decide it was never a decision that government is ever suppose to make.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Are you so inept at parenting that you need to be told how to in the constitution?

Why would you allow you child to have unfettered access to a firearm?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Yes he is so ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

reply to post by neo96

Are you so inept at parenting that you need to be told how to in the constitution?

You seem confused. In this case it would be Wal-Mart et al. that would be providing "unfettered access to a firearm" to children.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by macman

So my 13 year old that has ADHD and very low impulse control should be able to?

Nice strawman there considering IS he a legal guardian or parent? no Is she of legal age ? no

The current law already on the books for gun control cover minors but then agian if people want to outsource their parental rights to the government that is their decision but in that same breath i can guarantee you would not outsource those parental rights to him.

But the second amendment doesn't say anything about legal age or legal guardian or parent. It's very simple and straightforward (so the pro-gunners tell me).

That's where the 10th comes in.

So since the 2nd Amendment doesn't restrict children or the mentally ill from buying guns...The 10th Amendment allows states to make that decision?

The 10th amendment is where regulation resides then?
So you would be OK with gun regulation at the state level? Not the Feds place?

But then the state level gun owners appeal to the Feds authority under the 2nd Amendment when that regulation is enforced at the state level. That there is a perfect circle of contradiction.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Un fetter access eh?

More BS considering "dangerous" things are locked up behind glass cases and behind counters where only the seller has access.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Un fetter access eh?

More BS considering "dangerous" things are locked up behind glass cases and behind counters where only the seller has access.

You missed the whole thread of discussion there...we weren't discussing glass cases, but age restriction as not defined in the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Did not miss a thing

You seem confused. In this case it would be Wal-Mart et al. that would be providing "unfettered access to a firearm" to children.

Who said this?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by macman

Nice strawman there considering IS he a legal guardian or parent? no Is she of legal age ? no

The current law already on the books for gun control cover minors but then agian if people want to outsource their parental rights to the government that is their decision but in that same breath i can guarantee you would not outsource those parental rights to him.

So since the 2nd Amendment doesn't restrict children or the mentally ill from buying guns...The 10th Amendment allows states to make that decision?

But then the state level gun owners appeal to the Feds authority under the 2nd Amendment when that regulation is enforced at the state level. That there is a perfect circle of contradiction.

Yup, you got it. So the best thing is not to even try.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not going to repost the last two-pages for you for context. You are either confused or VERY confused.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Again. Why would a responsible parent allow their child unfettered access to firearms in Walmart? Seems reckless to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

OK then...Its your view that the only thing neccessary to purchase a gun is cash?...No problem with the mentally ill? Children? Felons?...cuz the 2nd Amendment doesn't specify any restrictions...and the 10th leaves it to the states...where-upon any gun-dealer at the state level is protected from abiding by any restrictions by the 2nd? ....No offense, but that is a perfect circle of stupid IMHO.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Not going to repost the last two-pages for you for context. You are either confused or VERY confused.

The context is Obama and his executive "actions" are the topic not ME not soneone elses kids

Thanks for trying to make posters the topic means they don't have an "argument".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

The context is Obama and his executive "actions" are the topic not ME not soneone elses kids

Thanks for trying to make posters the topic means they don't have an "argument".

I guess the answer is "VERY confused" then...Can't help you. At least the other posters are following the discussion.

And BTW - I attempted to discuss "executive action" earlier with you, but you pretended that the definition of that term was "Hitler! Tyrant!"...so no place to start there.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The discussion of using kids to justify their fascist ideology of gun control?

Yeah I followed using them as props to further their political agenda.

And BTW - I attempted to discuss "executive action" earlier with you, but you pretended that the definition of that term was "Hitler! Tyrant!"...so no place to start there.

By calling anyone who disagress "whackos" and other derogatory terms yeah some "attempt".
edit on 15-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

OK then...Its your view that the only thing neccessary to purchase a gun is cash?...No problem with the mentally ill? Children? Felons?...cuz the 2nd Amendment doesn't specify any restrictions...and the 10th leaves it to the states...where-upon any gun-dealer at the state level is protected from abiding by any restrictions by the 2nd? ....No offense, but that is a perfect circle of stupid IMHO.

Actually, according to the second amendment, you shouldn't even need cash to get a gun. If you're dead broke, that shouldn't stop you from being able to legally acquire a gun -- otherwise your "God-given" rights are being infringed, no?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not trying to engage in any strawman arguments and of course I wouldn't let him get one or ever let him be in a situation where he could... I'm asking if by law he should be able to buy one because he is a citizen. I'm trying to have a conversation, that is all.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm not trying to engage in any strawman arguments and of course I wouldn't let him get one or ever let him be in a situation where he could... I'm asking if by law he should be able to buy one because he is a citizen. I'm trying to have a conversation, that is all.

Good luck with that.

BTW - Two posters responded to your question...Yes, was the answer. In thier view the 2nd Amendment affords children, the mentally ill, felons et al the right to purchase guns, since the 2nd Amendment does not, in thier view, specify any restrictions and furthermore enshrines the absense of any regulation.

post by 11235813213455

post by macman

edit on 15-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

They can pay in in cash, check or credit.

News flash..we had mentally ill, children, and felons when the Bill Of Rights was ratified so in the spirit of the original intent of the 2nd amendment I say yes to all. Who are you to take that right from them?

If they aren't violent or have parental supervision what do I care? Why do you care?

edit on 15-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join