It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Exactly, they will lose a debate they aren't even participating in because they're screaming about Nazi's and fighting tyranny.

Meanwhile even fellow supporters of the 2nd amendment are looking at them like this:

(yes I did that on purpose)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by 11235813213455

You can stop flailing because here's the he simple answer.

NO ONE TRUSTS A DAMN THING THIS GUY SAYS!!

Everything they have touched has turned to a big streaming pile. Kind of like king Midas... Only with poo.

We do NOT want him touching anything given to us in the bill of rights. We treat this like a foot in the door and if this one goes then the others can go too.

Not sure if this warrants a response, but I'll try some reality....In case you weren't awake last fall...By "NO ONE"...you mean the majority of Americans who delivered a landslide victory to this President, despite a struggling economy?

And I am not sure you know what the "bill of rights" is...
edit on 15-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Joseph Schumpeter
"The first thing a man will do for his ideal is lie"

I think it was fairly obvious that what was meant by "no one" was within the context of those that disagree with you in this thread but you are obviously synaptically challenged so I guess when posting to you I need to get out the crayons and sock puppets.

And landslide victory? For me to point out that Obama did not win by a land slide would be akin to me having to point out that water is wet or fire is hot. C'mon now, use a some integrity when posting. Your dead wrong but at least you'd get a little respect for trying.
edit on 15-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I can find polls conducted that show the Govt should build a Death Star.
SO, anyone that knows polls knows that they can and are tailored to meet any need or want.

You are referring to a petition, not a poll...and if it was a poll you'd be engaging in logical fallacy..or BS in common speak. Example: I once got a conterfiet hundred dollar bill...therefore all hundred dollar bills are conterfiet!

Hey...just thought I'd try some sane thinking....waiting for the BS response in 1...2...3..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah let's talk about using "executive action" like they used in running guns to mexico talk about wilful ignorance and to places like Libya,Syria,Pakistan, et al.

edit on 15-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

And landslide victory? For me to point out that Obama did not win by a land slide would be akin to me having to point out that water is wet or fire is hot. C'mon now, use a some integrity when posting. Your dead wrong but at least you'd get a little respect for trying.

The last time anyone won a National election by a greater margin...either popular vote or electoral was in 1996 when Clinton crushed Dole...You don't seem so informed about what you post....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah let's talk about using "executive action" like they used in running guns to mexico talk about wilful ignorance and to places like Libya,Syria,Pakistan, et al.

Ugh.. I'm jealous of your post. Wish I thought of that.... star

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

You still have no idea what "executive action" means! Wow...poster boy for WILLFULL ignorance! I have provided links and defintions and you are still shouting from BS Mountain! Love it!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I can find polls conducted that show the Govt should build a Death Star.
SO, anyone that knows polls knows that they can and are tailored to meet any need or want.

You are referring to a petition, not a poll...and if it was a poll you'd be engaging in logical fallacy..or BS in common speak. Example: I once got a conterfiet hundred dollar bill...therefore all hundred dollar bills are conterfiet!

Hey...just thought I'd try some sane thinking....waiting for the BS response in 1...2...3..

I am fully aware it was a petition, I was making a point.

A poll can be tailored to suit any need or want.

Your willful ignorance to that is just plain ignorant.

There were polls showing Romney winning in a land slide. There were polls showing 0bama in the same.

You are about as full of crap is it gets.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The last time anyone won a National election by a greater margin...either popular vote or electoral was in 1996 when Clinton crushed Dole...You don't seem so informed about what you post....

Talk about uninformed and more ignorance the electoral college decides us elections, and last time I check not a single state has an equal vote, then the house did not change power meaning there is no landslide victory.

Sandy hook had not happened, and the campaigner slogan was tax the rich not gun control.

Stop lying.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

What was the voter turn out again???

Lower then 2008 you say???

Yeah, a landslide. Sure sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You still have no idea what "executive action means! Wow...poster boy for WILLFULL ignorance! I have provided links and defintions and you are still shouting from BS Mountain! Love it!

Think links trump the Us constituion?

That is the epitome of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Words mean things and what I think you are using a bit of creativity with the word "landslide"

We're landslides.....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Talk about uninformed and more ignorance the electoral college decides us elections,

I'll help you with reading comprehension....Underlined above...

1996 when Pres. Clinton crushed dole was the last time the margin of victory was greater...both in the Popular vote AND the Electoral College.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Clinton isn't president so who freaking cares quick throw everything including the kitchen sink. wasn't talking about the cheater in cheif or the Chief that had 4 chances to kill bin laden that lead us to the last decade of war .

We are talking about the current dictator in chief.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wish the Right would engage the debate logically. The floodgate on guns in America opened a long time ago and I do believe that it's important to retain the right because criminals break laws. There's a very rational argument to be made but repeatedly stating "shall not be infringed" means nothing if the debate progresses too far without them since the Constitution can be legally changed. Not to mention what can be circumvented, look what is happening in New York.

Instead of the Right organizing though and getting prepared for a court battle or even just showing up the State House in protest and demanding the Legislative branch engage in a conversation before passing laws... FOX and the Right-Wing blogosphere are flashing red and stating things that just aren't true. You can't fight when you're not standing on solid ground.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Words mean things and what I think you are using a bit of creativity with the word "landslide"

We're landslides.....

Oh...Ok then, yes...29 years ago Pres. Reagan won by a greater margin...So Pres. Obama doesn't qualify as a "landslide victory"....You got me there

BTW - If you added BOTH Pres. GW Bush's margins of victory together they still wouldn't beat Pres. Obama's in just this last election.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I wish the Right would engage the debate logically.

Oh, by engaging in logical debate, you mean let the Progressives walk over and stomp on the 2nd Amendment. I see.
Yeah, sure, go ahead with that.

The floodgate on guns in America opened a long time ago and I do believe that it's important to retain the right because criminals break laws. There's a very rational argument to be made but repeatedly stating "shall not be infringed" means nothing if the debate progresses too far without them since the Constitution can be legally changed. Not to mention what can be circumvented, look what is happening in New York.

Why is it so hard to comprehend?
It states, as the law of the land that it shall not be infringed upon.
If you and other Progressives want that changed, hold a Constitutional Convention and do it the Lawful and legal way.

Instead of the Right organizing though and getting prepared for a court battle or even just showing up the State House in protest and demanding the Legislative branch engage in a conversation before passing laws... FOX and the Right-Wing blogosphere are flashing red and stating things that just aren't true. You can't fight when you're not standing on solid ground.

What is not true?
The Tyrant 0bama is working towards the ultimate goal of all Progressive Liberals, to ban guns. But, since he can't get all guns banned, he will work to make it difficult for anyone to own/purchase them. That is by defintion an infringement.
The solid ground is the 2nd Amendment.

What documents are you and other Progressives standing on, other then "Rules for Radicals" and articles put out by ThinkProgress?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

We're landslides.....

Oh...Ok then, yes...29 years ago Pres. Reagan won by a greater margin...So Pres. Obama doesn't qualify as a "landslide victory"....You got me there

BTW - If you added BOTH Pres. GW Bush's margins of victory together they still wouldn't beat Pres. Obama's in just this last election.

Within the context of the OP I care why?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The issue is that the far-right has made dishonesty, not confusion or ignorance, but willful dishonesty an inate component of thier rhetoric. It started with just the occassional BS, but once the originators of the far right rhetoric and talking points realized that thier listeners didn't care about honesty...it just jumped the shark fast..."Born in Kenya"..."Manchurian candidate" ..."Birthers"..."Death Panels"..."Micro-chips"....the BS just got ingrained.

The far right doesn't know how to engage in honest, rational debate anymore...And honestly that hurts everyone. Left, Right and center...cuz we need honest debate to get to honest answers.

You can't arrive at "tested solutions" when one side talks about "Executive Action" in the form of increasing penalties for folks that lie on background checks..or stiffer sentences for gun traffickers...and the other side shouts "The Nazi's are comming!!! They will kick in your door in the middle of the night!!!...Obama is a terrorist Kenyan who secretly killed his gay lover!!!!"

What you end up with is more and more of one view...the left...cuz the right? they have to battle thier own effen crazy "far" right just to be able to speak any rational thought publicly.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I wish the Right would engage the debate logically.

I wish they would to considering the "right" are those who like to ban things and use executive orders to take things away from people.

The liberals(gun owners) are working overtime defending their freedoms what they use to call liberalism.

For a group of people who claim "they want an honest debate".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join