It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the Executive Branch, to Federal Administrative Agencies. Executive Orders are generally used to direct federal agencies and officials in their execution of congressionally established laws or policies.

www.thisnation.com...

Couldn't Obama be talking about using an EO to direct federal agencies in the execution of already established laws or policies? One of the things I hear frequently is that we don't need new gun laws, just better enforcement of existing ones. Is that not possible through an EO without it being a dictatorial power-grab?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Now, I'm not one to support Obama, but did anyone with the severe reactions actually watch the video?

A reporter asks him what he meant, Obama states:

"How we are gathering data, for example, on guns that fall into the hands of criminals. And how we track that more effectively, there may be some steps we can take administratively, as opposed to legislatively."

I don't believe he was talking about executive order here, although, I wouldn't put such a move passed the guy in the overall scheme of things..

Peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by SKMDC1

You articles provided are extremely biased towards not only supporting Tyrant 0bama, but for the issue at head as well.

Unless you can provided non biased polling, not a sampling of people from NY city where they orgasm at the mere utterance of 0bama, then it is really just a spin article.

he issue with the 2nd Amendment, and the public as a whole not wanting more restrictions on firearms, is shown in the upswing of people purchasing firearms. If the masses wanted more control over their guaranteed right, then they would not be out in droves to gun shows and gun stores. Along with parts and ammo sales.

As for 0bamacare, I can' wait till those that fawn over this BS Law get the kick in the butt when they see that tax taken out of their already robbed from pay check. Maybe it will finally kick start the revolution (I pray non violent) and put the Govt back in its place.

Obviously your definition of "biased" is a poll that doesn't back up your fantasy assumptions. Good to know. There was a really good poll held the first week in November. The results of that poll showed that the majority Americans don't agree with you. You can have your opinions on issues, and you can ignore facts and build up dream worlds where you are a hero standing against a tyrant... However, don't say the "overwhelming majority" of Americans agree with your hallucination. They don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

therwise there are laws and regulations on the books that can be enforced, that are not being enforced well now....regulation, enforcement, statements of policy...etc..

Really now?

All i hear from pundits is now we need more laws talk about trying to have it both ways.

The lengths people go to defend the current fascist dictatorship.

Just explaining to the ignorant wackos the definition of the term "Executive Action"...means enforcement, penalties, grant allocation...not new laws. The President wasn't refering to a Nazi take-over...or even an "Executive Order"...

But hey...if willful ignorance and crazy is your comfort-zone...live it up.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The backlash to this will be epic!

Epic I tells ya, epic!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

Executive Orders have to interpret existing laws not make up new (or renew old) ones.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

A constitutional lawyer should know better he does not have the authority absolutely no "gun control measures" can be instituted without first going through the house and senate.

Lord...willful ignorance is destroying the right wing...

Do you have any concept of the meaning of "Executive Action"....your ignorance is willful, cuz I have already explained it you and you stick to the Nazi - Phobia - Fear Monger theme...

Executive Action is even weaker than an executive order. It is squarely in the powers of the executive branch...

It is "administering" laws already on the books...effen idealogical retardation...that is what the NRA has been calling for!

What does the Pres. mean by executive action???

Those steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

swampland.time.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by SKMDC1

Executive Orders have to interpret existing laws not make up new (or renew old) ones.

That's my point. Why all the hub-bub over interpretting existing laws? Obama has made no indication that he's making up new laws with EOs.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

He is not talking about "Executive orders"...he is talking about "Executive action"...enforcement and penalties of existing laws.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

reply to post by SKMDC1

That's my point. Why all the hub-bub over interpretting existing laws? Obama has made no indication that he's making up new laws with EOs.

He is not even talking about interpreting existing laws..."Exec Orders"...he is talking about "Exec Actions" which is enforcement and penalties of laws on the books...

Why all the hub-bub?...cuz the far right is hell bent on losing the debate with a remix of "death panels" and "micro-chips" rather than being honest and discussing reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Semantics is your defense of this tyrant?

Is that your final answer??

If you need to invent new definitions of words and phrases to perpetuate your paranoid fantasy of the 3rd Riech rising in the USA...then you might be living on BS Mountain!

Executive Action...

Those steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

swampland.time.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by SKMDC1

He is not even talking about interpreting existing laws..."Exec Orders"...he is talking about "Exec Actions" which is enforcement and penalties of laws on the books...

Why all the hub-bub?...cuz the far right is hell bent on losing the debate with a remix of "death panels" and "micro-chips" rather than being honest and discussing reality.

Okay. That seems about right.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

He's deploying without ANY oversight, covering up targets and has pushed through a MASSIVE bill without ANYONE having examined it. Fighting from the white house is the same process that got US servicemen(and women) killed.
Now it's Pakistanis. Really less of a problem since they are unmanned systems,citing the danger of said systems and their deployments without the human cost being known.
Why listen to Generals about war,apparently a witch hunt is on for any flag officer who doesn't go with the "program".The military are being given questionaires about civilian suppression. That is treason,by the book,UCMJ and the constitution.
Would you buy a house without examining the contract?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

A constitutional lawyer should know better he does not have the authority absolutely no "gun control measures" can be instituted without first going through the house and senate.

Lord...willful ignorance is destroying the right wing...

Do you have any concept of the meaning of "Executive Action"....your ignorance is willful, cuz I have already explained it you and you stick to the Nazi - Phobia - Fear Monger theme...

Executive Action is even weaker than an executive order. It is squarely in the powers of the executive branch...

It is "administering" laws already on the books...effen idealogical retardation...that is what the NRA has been calling for!

What does the Pres. mean by executive action???

swampland.time.com...

You can stop flailing because here's the he simple answer.

NO ONE TRUSTS A DAMN THING THIS GUY SAYS!!

Everything they have touched has turned to a big streaming pile. Kind of like king Midas... Only with poo.

We do NOT want him touching anything given to us in the bill of rights. We treat this like a foot in the door and if this one goes then the others can go too.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

You can stop flailing because here's the he simple answer.

NO ONE TRUSTS A DAMN THING THIS GUY SAYS!!

Everything they have touched has turned to a big streaming pile. Kind of like king Midas... Only with poo.

We do NOT want him touching anything given to us in the bill of rights. We treat this like a foot in the door and if this one goes then the others can go too.

Not sure if this warrants a response, but I'll try some reality....In case you weren't awake last fall...By "NO ONE"...you mean the majority of Americans who delivered a landslide victory to this President, despite a struggling economy?

And I am not sure you know what the "bill of rights" is...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

CONFLICT OF INTEREST

How can the Government make laws that diminish the Second Amendment when the Second Amendment was written to PROTECT THE PEOPLE from the Government in the first place?

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

With the President threatening to execute up to 19 executive orders to limit the defense capability of the Citizens of the United States against our own heavily armed forces, it is absolutely imperative that our freedom the bare arms remain in tact. Without a doubt the Second Amendment is all that is keeping this Administration from escalating its attacks on the Rights of the American People.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by SKMDC1

He's deploying without ANY oversight, covering up targets and has pushed through a MASSIVE bill without ANYONE having examined it. Fighting from the white house is the same process that got US servicemen(and women) killed.
Now it's Pakistanis. Really less of a problem since they are unmanned systems,citing the danger of said systems and their deployments without the human cost being known.
Why listen to Generals about war,apparently a witch hunt is on for any flag officer who doesn't go with the "program".The military are being given questionaires about civilian suppression. That is treason,by the book,UCMJ and the constitution.
Would you buy a house without examining the contract?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by SKMDC1

You articles provided are extremely biased towards not only supporting Tyrant 0bama, but for the issue at head as well.

Unless you can provided non biased polling, not a sampling of people from NY city where they orgasm at the mere utterance of 0bama, then it is really just a spin article.

he issue with the 2nd Amendment, and the public as a whole not wanting more restrictions on firearms, is shown in the upswing of people purchasing firearms. If the masses wanted more control over their guaranteed right, then they would not be out in droves to gun shows and gun stores. Along with parts and ammo sales.

As for 0bamacare, I can' wait till those that fawn over this BS Law get the kick in the butt when they see that tax taken out of their already robbed from pay check. Maybe it will finally kick start the revolution (I pray non violent) and put the Govt back in its place.

Obviously your definition of "biased" is a poll that doesn't back up your fantasy assumptions. Good to know. There was a really good poll held the first week in November. The results of that poll showed that the majority Americans don't agree with you. You can have your opinions on issues, and you can ignore facts and build up dream worlds where you are a hero standing against a tyrant... However, don't say the "overwhelming majority" of Americans agree with your hallucination. They don't.

I can find polls conducted that show the Govt should build a Death Star.
SO, anyone that knows polls knows that they can and are tailored to meet any need or want.
Your offering of them as end all be all is pretty much crap.

But, offering that the elections are proof that people want 0bamacare is a falsehood as well.
Most of those that voted for the Tyrant 0bama were/are under the false assumption that it will provide free healthcare.
As what has been discovered and discussed here on ATS, shows that is false.
It will tax more people, creating an even greater tax burden and paycheck theft.

As for guns??? These numbers speak louder then any BS from the Tyrants mouth or your crap filled ATS retorts.

But, you go ahead and banter on with how great 0bama is and that all he does is super fantastic.
The real world and reality will welcome you back with open arms when you come to terms.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It seems that you should take your own advice, and maybe assist the your crush 0bama.
As you stated this.

Easy there...He didn't say "Executive Order"...he said "Executive action"...they call the Presidency and "administration" for a reason. They "Administer"...

That is semantics in action.

Shall I provide you the definition as well?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The backlash to this will be epic!

Epic I tells ya, epic!

Since we're making predictions... You're going to find the "backlash" completely underwhelming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join