It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Please see this thread as reference
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Executive action is dictatorial, always remember that!
If you care about people then you should not support this path

You should never support exective orders unless it's done within a few days of an invasion or legitimate attack upon your soil from a foreign source.

That's just my opinion on this
Humanity has been down this path before!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I know I'm being redundant by posting this but when comes to this guy new words escape me.

Definition of a dictator:

noun
1. A person exercising absolute power, especially a ruler who has absolute, unrestricted control in a government without hereditary succession.

2. A person invested with supreme authority during a crisis, the regular magistracy being subordinated to him until the crisis was met.

3. A person who authoritatively prescribes conduct, usage, etc.: a dictator of fashion.

4. A person who dictates, as to a secretary.

5. A person who makes pronouncements, as on conduct, fashion, etc, which are regarded as authoritative

6. A person who behaves in an authoritarian or tyrannical manner
edit on 14-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: spellun

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A constitutional lawyer should know better he does not have the authority absolutely no "gun control measures" can be instituted without first going through the house and senate.

That is like saying he has the power to "regulate" free speech yeah absolutely dictatorial the second amendment is explicitly laid out just like the first.
edit on 14-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Please see this thread as reference
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Executive action is dictatorial, always remember that!
If you care about people then you should not support this path

Easy there...He didn't say "Executive Order"...he said "Executive action"...they call the Presidency and "administration" for a reason. They "Administer"...

Otherwise there are laws and regulations on the books that can be enforced, that are not being enforced well now....regulation, enforcement, statements of policy...etc..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
thats fine he will dictate his ass right out of the whitehouse

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sometimes people say things to evoke a reaction... just saying. He knows he cant do this.. law or not.. just think of the logistics of trying to confiscate. No... he is being obtuse an hoping for a reaction. There are much easier ways to deal with the gun issue and who he and his folk believe need to lose their right. Overreach, compromise, and still undermine rights. Theyve done it many many times.. somehow it keeps working on our citizens.

Just dont react in the manner he wishes and the manner in which those who wish to remove these rights want you too. Keep your eyes and ears open... watch, take action in a more sensible manner. There are many ways to deal with this and overreacting to these sort of threats isnt one of them.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

therwise there are laws and regulations on the books that can be enforced, that are not being enforced well now....regulation, enforcement, statements of policy...etc..

Really now?

All i hear from pundits is now we need more laws talk about trying to have it both ways.

The lengths people go to defend the current fascist dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

therwise there are laws and regulations on the books that can be enforced, that are not being enforced well now....regulation, enforcement, statements of policy...etc..

Really now?

All i hear from pundits is now we need more laws talk about trying to have it both ways.

Fascist dictatorship? Yes, Obama is a dictator that allows free elections and free speech.. hang on, that's not a dictator..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Fascist dictatorship? Yes, Obama is a dictator that allows free elections and free speech.. hang on, that's not a dictator..

Free elections are nothing but mob rule besides the people do not decide our elections the electoral college does, free speech for those who voted for him and support his ideology as per the gun debate.

Anyone who deems what rights i have is a dictator.
edit on 14-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Really now?

Free elections?
So did Kim Jong (grandpa, son, grandson), Saddam, Castro, Putin, Pinochet, Chavez, Ahmadinejad, etc etc so on so forth ad nauseum infinitum..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

The only difference are the many "assault rifle owners and "gun nuts" who keep him honest.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by 11235813213455

The only difference are the many "assault rifle owners and "gun nuts" who keep him honest.

Well if it need be then it need be.. It's kind of the original intent of 2.

edit on 14-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think this pictures tells all since we know that all the Obama does and is pictured doing is scripted and has alternate meanings...

he is literally turning his back on George Washington and I won't even mention what he implies of Abe Lincoln.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

the clock is also not seen because of that guy's fat head, expect changes in 'no time'.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Okay, Obama oversees the ramrodding of Obamacare, which an overwhelming majority of Americans were/are opposed to.
Rammed it right down our throats.

In direct defiance of the will of the people.

That alone tells me Obama doesn't give a rat's ass about what the American People want.
He has his Leftist Agenda, his congressional cockroaches, his lapdog, compliant, leftist MSM, and, he's going to get as much of his agenda shoved down our throats as he can before he leaves office.

Seems a bit dictatorial to me.

And, now, with his fellow leftists in high places, he's trying to usurp The Second Amendment, which has sent millions of Americans scrambling to buy up all the weapons, and, ammo, they can get their hands on.
Don't believe me?
Try to find an AK-47, AR-15, or nearly any other semi-auto rifle, or, pistol, or, ammo for any of the aforementioned weapons.
Good luck with that. Seriously.

It seems like poll after poll I've been directed to in recent weeks shows a large majority of Americans are opposed to any further restriction of our Second Amendment rights. And yet, we are led to believe, by the MSM, that pro-gun people are in the minority.
Hell, I'm even reading about Democrats (with common sense) who are scrambling to get'em while they can.

EVEN LIBERALS are buying guns!

But Noooo, to this Administration, it's chip, chip, chip away at The Second Amendment, in any way possible.
After all, the ends justify the means.

AWB part 2, anyone?

No?

Well, we'll just shove some "reasonable gun control" measures down their throats, like, restrict people from buying 30 round magazines, and, put some restrictions on those evil black rifles. No pistol grips, no evil vertical forearm grips, etc, etc, etc.

Chip, chip, chip...

Seems a bit dictatorial to me.

And, please, spare me the drivel about "reasonable gun control" that restricts Second Amendment rights. There is no such thing. It's just another way to chip, chip, chip away at the 2A till it can be toppled by dear leader, and his fellow leftists.

The only reasonable gun control is exercised as you hold your weapon steady, and, squeeeeze the trigger to hit what your aiming at. Don't jerk the trigger.

^^^Free sig line for anyone who wants it.^^^

Well, I feel a little better. How about you?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Obama,

It has recently come to our attention that you appear to be struggling with certain definitions of
words and phrases (as they pertain to the US Constitution) and in their normal application in the
daily lexicon of the English language. Considering your celebrated education in US Constitutional Law
we find this to be a very disturbing situation (given your recent promotion to authority in high office.)

We would therefore like to take it upon ourselves to be of service to you by deciphering and
translating some of the words and phrases you seem to be struggling with.

For instance...
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

What part of this sentence do you not fully understand, or comprehend?

We would be happy to help you in your endeavor to understand its origins, its meaning, or its intent.

Please feel free to email us with any questions you have at:.

www.schmuckscommunitycollege/janitorialdivision/englishdepartment.com

I sincerely hope we can be of service...

edit on 15-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Easy there...He didn't say "Executive Order"...he said "Executive action"...they call the Presidency and "administration" for a reason. They "Administer"...

Otherwise there are laws and regulations on the books that can be enforced, that are not being enforced well now....regulation, enforcement, statements of policy...etc..

Semantics is your defense of this tyrant?

Is that your final answer??

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Indigo5

Semantics is your defense of this tyrant?

Is that your final answer??

I agree..

They love to use their favorite shield of "ambiguity" when they don't want to get nailed down. I think that it's pretty obvious he meant executive order.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
Okay, Obama oversees the ramrodding of Obamacare, which an overwhelming majority of Americans were/are opposed to.

"Obamacare was not the top issue driving American to vote, although nearly seven in 10 Americans cited it as a “major factor” in their decision choosing between the candidates, according to Kaiser. Voters who listed Obamacare as a major factor were evenly split between Republican Mitt Romney, 47 percent, and President Obama, 46 percent... But only 33 percent of Americans now want to see the law repealed."

abcnews.go.com... -obamacare-repeal/

Originally posted by Mike U.
It seems like poll after poll I've been directed to in recent weeks shows a large majority of Americans are opposed to any further restriction of our Second Amendment rights. And yet, we are led to believe, by the MSM, that pro-gun people are in the minority.

"Administration aides have said that the president is likely to call for renewing the ban on the most powerful rifles, even in the face of heavy opposition from the National Rifle Association. In the poll, 58 percent of Americans support the ban, which expired in 2004 after 10 years; 39 percent oppose it."

www.washingtonpost.com... 43c6d61_story.html

Your ideas of "overwhelming" majorities is a little skewed to me. I'm not sure if I can trust the rest of your thoughts when you lead with data so demonstrably false.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

You articles provided are extremely biased towards not only supporting Tyrant 0bama, but for the issue at hand as well.

Unless you can provided non biased polling, not a sampling of people from NY city where they orgasm at the mere utterance of 0bama, then it is really just a spin article.

he issue with the 2nd Amendment, and the public as a whole not wanting more restrictions on firearms, is shown in the upswing of people purchasing firearms. If the masses wanted more control over their guaranteed right, then they would not be out in droves to gun shows and gun stores. Along with parts and ammo sales.

As for 0bamacare, I can' wait till those that fawn over this BS Law get the kick in the butt when they see that tax taken out of their already robbed from pay check. Maybe it will finally kick start the revolution (I pray non violent) and put the Govt back in its place.

edit on 15-1-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join