It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity about time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is a subject that fascinate's me because of an experience I had as a young girl which touched on time or "perception" of time. It was quite a profound experience and as never left me.

Because of the work I used to do, I heard many people recount about being in an immediate life or death situation.....many of those all explained a situation whereby time seemed to slow down dramatically almost as in slow motion...and it gave them a greater response time to process and act in that dangerous situation.

I've also heard that many elite athlete's experience something similar..... that time seem's to go in slow motion just before hitting a ball in tennis or overtaking another car in F1 etc.

I am no philosopher or scientist...I just feel that we all take "time" for granted, it's quite simply something which is just there...I do wonder if time hold's more secret's than we think.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
This is a subject that fascinate's me because of an experience I had as a young girl which touched on time or "perception" of time. It was quite a profound experience and as never left me.

Because of the work I used to do, I heard many people recount about being in an immediate life or death situation.....many of those all explained a situation whereby time seemed to slow down dramatically almost as in slow motion...and it gave them a greater response time to process and act in that dangerous situation.

I've also heard that many elite athlete's experience something similar..... that time seem's to go in slow motion just before hitting a ball in tennis or overtaking another car in F1 etc.

I am no philosopher or scientist...I just feel that we all take "time" for granted, it's quite simply something which is just there...I do wonder if time hold's more secret's than we think.

Yeah I'm sure there's more to time than is apparent too. A friend from the past fell down a deep shaft fortunately surviving, just, and he related to me that as he was plummeting down his entire life passed before him. He actually saw himself sitting on his grandfather's knee as a small child listening to him talking. It only took seconds to hit the bottom of the shaft yet he re-experienced his entire life. Naturally it had a profound effect on him and he changed his views on many things. I know we all live in the moment and it contains every other moment but it doesn't contain those to come. You never hear of someone seeing their future pass before them, other than what they imagine.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Alright, chrisb9. Give me a couple hours to just gather all my info and journals and such, and I'll get it up.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just kidding. My teacher just kicked me off the computer. Thats it.

NOW! Onto the techniques. Compared to other areas of study, this is relatively simple and easy. Here we go:

1. First things first. You gotta get an analog clock, preferably with a pendelum. All you need is one that ticks.

2. Go somewhere where you will NOT be interupted, where it will be peaceful and quiet. This is important.

3. Alright. Now, take the clock and set it in front of you. Get comfy and close your eyes, while just listening to the ticks of the clock.

4. After some time of listening only to the clocks ticks, you will start to become really calm and quiet inside. DO NOT PANIC!!!!!!!!! This is an important step!!! You are entering a meditative state, and for the first few times (well, first alot of times) you will probably need to be in a meditative state to do this. DO NOT JERK YOURSELF OUT OF IT!!!!!

5. Focus on the silence between the ticks, and will it to lengthen, OR listen to the ticks and will them to slow down. DO NOT force it, for this may force you out of the meditative state. Just simply will it to slow.

6. After many times of practice, you should start to notice some progress.

7. Keep Practicing. Eventually, you will get to the point where you will be able to control time without first using a pendulum or clock, or go into a meditative state.

You can either slow your perspective down, or speed it up. If you speed it up, all others will seem to go fast, for you see time going quicker than they do, and so they go quickly. If you will it to slow, YOU will be the one that seems to turn into Flash and be quicker than everybody else. Even one's speech is affected!

Have fun with this, and practice practice practice!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

What is this but self-hypnotism. It does nothing to add to the debate A game to play with yourself

when you have nothing better to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If thats what you think.

The point is, IT WORKS!!! Not only did I notice a difference in time speed around me, but other people, other than me, also noticed a difference. I have several witnesses, at least four of them. All say the same thing: it worked.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbandonedKid
Just kidding. My teacher just kicked me off the computer. Thats it.

NOW! Onto the techniques. Compared to other areas of study, this is relatively simple and easy. Here we go:

1. First things first. You gotta get an analog clock, preferably with a pendelum. All you need is one that ticks.

2. Go somewhere where you will NOT be interupted, where it will be peaceful and quiet. This is important.

3. Alright. Now, take the clock and set it in front of you. Get comfy and close your eyes, while just listening to the ticks of the clock.

4. After some time of listening only to the clocks ticks, you will start to become really calm and quiet inside. DO NOT PANIC!!!!!!!!! This is an important step!!! You are entering a meditative state, and for the first few times (well, first alot of times) you will probably need to be in a meditative state to do this. DO NOT JERK YOURSELF OUT OF IT!!!!!

5. Focus on the silence between the ticks, and will it to lengthen, OR listen to the ticks and will them to slow down. DO NOT force it, for this may force you out of the meditative state. Just simply will it to slow.

6. After many times of practice, you should start to notice some progress.

7. Keep Practicing. Eventually, you will get to the point where you will be able to control time without first using a pendulum or clock, or go into a meditative state.

You can either slow your perspective down, or speed it up. If you speed it up, all others will seem to go fast, for you see time going quicker than they do, and so they go quickly. If you will it to slow, YOU will be the one that seems to turn into Flash and be quicker than everybody else. Even one's speech is affected!

Have fun with this, and practice practice practice!

I read about this method of time warping some time sometime ago, experimented with it, and saw no results, I am not saying it isn't possible, but simply have a question. When you preform this time warp, does the pitch from the sounds of everything around you change, or does everything sound the same, just quicker or slower?
edit on 26-1-2013 by Khedwulf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

Honestly, I haven't noticed a change of pitch before, so I would say no, but then again, I haven't really paid any attention to it. I'll look into it for you, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join