It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminding Alex Jones sympathizers about first amendment rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Southern Guardian

So if you choose to protect and stand for maintaining the amendments we speak of that makes you a Alex Jones sympathizer?

Depends. Do you define wanting to deport or silence Piers because you disagree with his views "protecting and maintaining the amendments"?

No, he shouldn't be deported, but he also shouldn't have a voice on such personal issues that US citizens hold near and dear to their hearts...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Does that mean that any American shouldn't have an opinion on anything to do with any other countries issues?
edit on 13-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by jhn7537

Does that mean that any American shouldn't have a say on anything to do with any other countries issues?

Yes, its none of our business... Why should we dictate how people in the UK live their lives...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

No, he shouldn't be deported, but he also shouldn't have a voice on such personal issues that US citizens hold near and dear to their hearts.

Hold on. You say you don't believe he should be deported, but then you say he should not be allowed to discuss and voice his opinions on such issues? In other words you want him to be silenced? And since he is already voicing out his position in these personal issues, and you don't think he should be deported, then what?
edit on 13-1-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Then why have the USA been voicing their opinion on other countries in the world?
Including all you good folks on ATS? like yourself who have commented on Syria, Mexico and Israel.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Mully

Stop calling us Redcoats please.
I like Blue.

Blues are liberals and they're also destroying the country. Follow the money and it starts at the banks in England.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Dictating versus having/expressing an opinion - two VERY different things. Why would anyone want to restrict their or others' opinions to only the country in which they live? How far exactly would you take that - your state? City? Neighborhood? House?....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

Then why have the USA been voicing their opinion on other countries in the world?
Including all you good folks on ATS?

I never said that was okay...I prefer countries to bud out of one another's business....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

But you have made threads on Israel, mexico and others so by your reckoning you should have just not commented on those.
See how silly it all sounds?
Anyhow gonna watch a movie carry on

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

In other words...

I think he
1. shouldn't be deported
2. not silenced, but i consider him a hack and don't like a foreigner trying to sway people on domestic issues

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think he has a right to say what he believes.

I dont believe he has any rights hosting an American Political Opinion Show.

Hes obviously culturally biased towards a gunless society where people are forced to do things at the will of govt.

he only gets ratings so people can watch the insanity.

We all know he sucks- he should be deported- oh wait- he already was. Last I checked the British dont even want him back.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

was i writing anything about changing their constitutional rights? And when I consider you an enemy or a risk all bets are off... the UK where Piers is from is a friendly ally and i treat those who are a possible threat different than those i consider an ally

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Just to correct you before movie time, we can own guns I have a gunsmith a mile from where I live.

www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

We can own shotguns and rifles, we need a background check and a decent storage place for that gun.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I think he has a right to say what he believes.

I dont believe he has any rights hosting an American Political Opinion Show.

Hes obviously culturally biased towards a gunless society where people are forced to do things at the will of govt.

So you believe he should be pulled of the air because you don't agree with him? You also believe in forcing CNN, a private business, in taking him off the air? So you want to silence him and you want to dictate to a private business? And yet we must sit here and listen to the daily injustices the Federal Government permits on private citizens and individuals?

he only gets ratings so people can watch the insanity.

Oh really, and he is the only one right?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

In other words...

I think he
1. shouldn't be deported
2. not silenced,

Why was that so hard? You had to go on a ramble about how your 2nd amendment rights were attacked, nothing to do with the OP, before you finally came to the right conclusion? Why are you so reluctant to stand up for these freedoms if deep down you know yourself he should be afforded the same rights?

I may not like Rush Limbaugh all that much, but in a thread asking him to be silenced, I would be one of the first ones to stand up for his rights. It's any wonder why people like you are so reluctant to do the same since you evidently know deep down the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
the second amendment protects the first amendment.

an attack on the second amendment is an attempt at attack on the first amendment.

when the second amendment falls, the rest of the constitution falls.

there are avenues in place set by the constitution to deal with all issues that arise against the constitution.

so is the theory set forth by the men who wrote it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

no-no-no.

I never said any of that.

I just dont think hes rational enough to get his employer more ratings.

he has no right to be hosting this type of show- niether do about 90 percent of political pundits nowadays.

They are all liars and decievers and should be treated as such.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I just dont think hes rational enough to get his employer more ratings.

We're not discussing whether he will provide CNN success in the ratings, that's another matter, another discussion. We're discussing his rights to freedom of speech, the right of CNN to put him on the air. You just stated that you don't believe Piers has that right, it means you don't believe he is afforded that protection. Either you believe he has that right, as do CNN as a private business, or you don't.

Doing the right thing, and having a right to do something are two different things. It should be clearly evident that my OP was discussing the latter, so I'm not sure how or why you came to the conclusion it was the first definition.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Baguul
The is a BIG difference in allowing free speech and treason.

And what form of treason did Piers commit? Please, let us know.

Sorry to commit treason you have to be a U.S citizen,P.M is not a U.S citizen.If we were to prosecuted, it would be as a enemy of the State.

Second when Gouverneur Morris, wrote the preamble to the U.S Constitution He being a "Citizen" And the people who signed it being "Citizens" (ergo) "We The People".Wrote it for one group of people "Citizens".

Now we may grant these rights to other people in this country.By proxy, but they are not entilted to them and may be taken away.Look at the illegal immigrants they get full protection in the legal system if they break the law.After they get out we can send them straight to immigrant detention facilities without trail.

So no P.M is not protected.Because he is not a "Citizen".
edit on 13-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
He wants to take away an American right. Who is he to say something like that? He's not American. He's a lobsterback.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join