It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Soon Will The Rapture Take Place ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There will be no rapture...the Bible says nothing about a rapture...there will be a whole lot of tribulating going on

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Matthew 14:16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Romans 10:13 "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 " For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord."

1 Corinthians 15:51-57
Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

'Nuff said!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In knowing the truth, check out the following websites:

Last Days Mystery

Jeremiah Project

End Time Studies

These are all excellent sites who are totally biblical in their approach and might give some of you some information that may cause you to re-assess your ideas and opinion on the subject.

Peace
LS

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSoze
There will be no rapture...the Bible says nothing about a rapture...there will be a whole lot of tribulating going on

The Bible does not use the word "rapture". You are correct in that instance. If I use your reasoning though, what should I do about the fact that "Bible" is mentioned nowhere in the Bible. Does that mean that it is not the Word of God. According to your reasoning it does.

We understand that when the Bible speaks about the Word of God, it is referring to itself. Now, on to the word "rapture."

1 Thessalonians 4: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Caught up is where the word rapture comes from. It comes from the Greek word harpazo.

Strong's Number: 726
Original Word Word Origin
aJrpavzw from a derivative of (138)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Harpazo 1:472,80
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
har-pad'-zo Verb

Definition
to seize, carry off by force
to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly
to snatch out or away

bible.crosswalk.com...

That is what Christians are speaking of when they refer to the rapture or the snatching away of the Church.

Why do some Christians believe in a pre-tribulation rapture? It goes back to the prophet Daniel and the 70 weeks of Israel. We believe that each week of Daniel is seven years. Week 69 ended around the birth of Christ. This was the eara of the Church. There are still seven years of God's judgement to Israel and an opportunity for them to accept Jesus as their Messiah. But for this to take place, the restrainer must first be taken from the world. We believe that the restrainer is the Holy Spirit. Since Jesus told us that He would never leave us, and sent the Holy Spirit to us in His place, we believe that the Church will be removed when the restrainer is.

When I say Church, I'm not referring to the RCC, but the Church as all of the Christians.

Now I would never tell another person that they are going to hell for not believing in Christ. That is God's job. It is up to Him to convict people's hearts. I know that a lot of Jews feel that Christians are putting them down with this belief. But I feel that anyone who asks God for the truth and are willing to listen to Him will have their answer. This is just my belief and in no way meant to be taken as belittleing anyone elses belief system.

Edited to include source.

[edit on 7/14/2005 by darkelf]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Lu 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an "hour " when ye think not.

I think that says it all.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Is there going to be a rapture?

NO!

QUOTE///
WILL YOU MEET THE LORD
IN THE "RAPTURE" OR IN REALITY?

Then we which are alive and remain
shall be caught up together with them in the clouds
to meet the Lord in the air...
(I Thess. 4:17)

When we put together the concept of being caught up into the clouds to meet the Lord in the air together with the idea of an instantaneous transformation, the result is spine-tingling. We will suddenly one day just blast off into space...
The hope of the Rapture is a very practical force in my life... It motivates me to win as many to Christ as possible before it is too late. I want to take as many with me as I can.
Although I grieve over the lost world that is headed toward catastrophe, the hope of the Rapture keeps me from despair in the midst of ever worsening world conditions.

(Hal Lindsey, The Rapture)
Read the rest on the link...
PART 1
holycross-hermitage.com...
PART 2
holycross-hermitage.com...

It is very important to understand that there wont be a RAPTURE because this will lead many to be deceived.

quote///The Rapture’s supporters derive their opinions ultimately from a single Scripture verse, I Thessalonians 4:17,
"Then we who are left alive will be carried off together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord." Less popular but often cited is Matthew 24:40-42,
"Then there will be two in the field.
One will be taken and the other left.
Two will be grinding at the mill. One will be taken and the other left. Therefore, be vigilant, for you do not know on what day your Lord will come."

The paragraph which contains the first verse quoted above, I Thessalonians 4:17, forms the Epistle reading for funerals in Orthodox worship...... And has always been this way...
www.fatheralexander.org...

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Luk 21:36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Now go find out what all those things are and how can one possibly escape them without a rapture

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The rapture is not far off, I doubt we have seven years left.
Everything is in place for the "Mark of The Beast" to be instituted at anytime.

This is what the Bible foretold:

Rev13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark(CHIP) "In their Right Hand", or "In their Foreheads" 17and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark(CHIP), or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

What could be clearer ? The Digital Angel Chip ( more accurately "DEATH ANGEL CHIP") Is already being placed in hands as the links below verify, and soon the Chip will be used for both "Buying and Selling" The "Number" refered to here in conjuntion with the "Buying and Selling" is the "Credit/Debit Cards" which are a series of "Numbers" These cards are already being used for "Buying and Selling" on the Internet.

We are currently being forced to have a Credit Card( "A NUMBER" ) in order to "Buy" or "Sell" on the net.

I would like to add that currently the Chip is not the mark, but is most certainly the instrument that will be used to "Mark" the people.
It will not become the mark until the Anti-Christ comes to power and causes "ALL" to recieve his "Mark"

All the technology is already in use.

www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...
www.samliquidation.com...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
disney.go.com...
www.infowars.com...

"TIME IS SHORT"

[edit on 20-8-2005 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think KSoze right, there is no rapture. Jesus him self never even said anything about the rapture.
Hey helen we agree for once. God blees ya

[edit on 21-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You can think what you will, that does not change the "FACTS"

1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, F60 where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thess 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent 10 them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort F11 one another with these words.

This is what we refer to as the "RAPTURE". Although the word Rapture does not appear in the Bible, it is the term applied to the above "Event"

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Byrd has it right - if there was ever a rapture, you guys missed the bus. All the predictions and prophesies were really based on "I'm telling you the truth so you better listen - it's going to happen very soon!" but, that was a couple of thousand years ago. It didn't happen. You're bending your bibles again trying to wrap them around current events.

Honestly, there have been so many absolutely certain, no doubt about it, this is really the big one predictions from Christian leaders over the last 2,000 years or so that it is getting a bit tiresome. Every war, every new technology, every new world leader, etc. seems to trigger the "game day" prophets. I think it's really just a tried-and-true marketing scheme.

In fact, if it weren't for an early round of "the world is ending very soon", there probably would have been no Christians as most of the guys in the Messiah business back in the 1st centuries BCE and CE wouldn't have been able to attract any followers.

I know many fine people who fervently believe in the Rapture - many of them in my family. Not one of them knows the history of the bible - who wrote what and when. They don't know one "John" from another or one "Mary" from another - they just buy into (quite literally - with real money) whatever their preacherman tells them. A some of them are members of one of those "Six Flags Over Jesus" churches which, for them, makes it even more true!

I have a quick question (though I hate to give away a good business idea): Is anybody out there selling "Rapture Insurance"? ca-ching! ca-ching!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Those that don't beleive in the Rapture will be left behind, so I would say unto you, don't beleive. Just like the people in NOAH's day didn't, but after awhile it began to rain.
The Beast has something awaiting all those that don't believe, we will see if you beleive it then.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How Soon Will The Rapture Take Place ?

You'll know right afterwards.

Time is irrelevant. Yesterday is not owned by man, nor is tomorrow.

No one can tell you your day, if you havn't decided upon it yourself.

The truth is: The truth can only be experienced, not expressed in words.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Those that don't beleive in the Rapture will be left behind, so I would say unto you, don't beleive.

zIts God choice who lives or dies, who's names are written in the book of life. And who go's to hell. Its your job to help save souls, and not tell them not to believe weather your wrong or right. you should always try to instill belief in God with others.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
2thess2 puts the nail into the pre trib rapture theory. (and was written in response to confusion over 1thess4)

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

antichrist on the 6th trump, gathering back to christ on the 7th. AND in 1cr15:52 it states that all will be changed. the 144 firstfruits are just symbolically those sealed during the trib. (everyone goes thru the trib).

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
And we will be change in a moment, I just dont know if its the way of the rapture change.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How accurate the Bible is, it fortold of these last day scorners,

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark"

2Pet 3:3 knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation"
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2Tim 3:1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Here is more proof concerning the coming One World Government
www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Believing that you have to be able to do everything that Jesus did to be considered a Chrisitan is the most absurb thing I have ever heard.

Even more absurd than the rapture business?

LDP provided the scriptural references that say exactly that. There is nothing in the passages to indicate they are metaphorical.

What is the basis for rejecting that portion of scripture?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How soon will the Rapture take place??

NEVER.

'Rapture' was invented by the cultist, and failed Anglican Priest,
Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s. It was never heard of before
him. Google Nelson Darby for the whole sordid Rapture cult.

'Rapture' isn't biblical. For a Rapture to take place, Christ would
have to come back TWICE. He isn't. He is only coming back once.
Christ's own words say that when He comes back EVERYONE will
know it. No secret Rapture when He comes back ... Christ says so.

Christ’s words – ‘Great distress shall be upon the earth and wrath upon
this people; they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led captive
among all nations; and Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles,
until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled” (Luke 21:23-24) and then He
says ‘For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from
the beginning of the world until now, no human being would be saved;
for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened (Matthew 24:22).

Christ Himself says that there will be a time of trial for Christians just
before his second coming. He doesn’t say that anyone will be snatched
out of tribulation but the one ‘who endures to the end will be saved”
(Matthew 24:13; see also 10:22) The days of trial are not a time of
escape, but rather a time of sifting, proving, and purging the faithful.

Then Christ talks about his Second Coming in spectacular terms – ‘For as
the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be
the coming of the Son of Man’ (Matthew 24:27). The event will definitely
NOT be secret. It will be seen and felt by all. No secret rapture here!

Then Christ says about his arrival – ‘Then will appear the sign of the Son of
Man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they
will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and
great glory; and He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and
they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to
another. (Matthew 24:30-31) Trumpets and lightening are NOT a secret
rapture.

All through scripture we find Christ ‘coming on the clouds of heaven’ and
that he descends with the clouds for judgement with glory and power and
that there are heavenly trumpets with lightening and thunder. No secret
rapture.

Biblical history tells us that clouds were associated with the glory of God’s
presence. Not only in the NT but in the OT as well – Exodus 13:21,
Exodus 24:12-18, Exodus 40:34, 1 Kings 8:10-11, Ezekiel 10:3-4

Christ’s primary reason for His return is the last judgement of the human
race.

‘He is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead’
(Acts 10:42) For the judgement of the dead to take place, the dead
must first be raised.

‘Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have
fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the
resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all
be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at
His coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when He
delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and
every authority and power. (1 Cor 15:20-24) – so first is Christ’s coming,
then the resurrection of the dead, and then the judgement (triumph over
evil).

Those who die in friendship with God will accompany Him when He returns
for His second coming – 1 Thessalonians 3:13 – this is not rapture, this is
part of judgement As is this –

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through
Jesus, God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep … we who are
alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those
who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descendfrom heaven with
a cry of command, with the archangels call, and with the sound of the
trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are
alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to
meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord
(1 Thessalonians 4:14-17).

No secret rapture here … just the raising of the dead and judgement.

Also - it was the custom of the time to 'go out' to meet and escort a
dignitary to his destination. This was honoring that dignitary. Those
who are 'caught up' to the clouds (God's Glory) to escort Christ are not
people who have gotten out of suffering through tribulation. They are
those who have suffered and 'washed their robes' ... and are following
the custom of the time to go greet and honor the dignitary. Families
even did this with fathers. It's all through scripture.

Martyrs of the Tribulation (no rapture for the faithful before Christ comes)

‘On that day, each faithful Chrsitian will become a ‘partaker in the glory
that is to be revealed’ (1 Peter 5:1). Those who ‘suffer with Him (for His
sake) through the terrors of the last days will at that time ‘also be glorified
with Him’ (Romans 8:17)

‘The souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the
witness they had borne … each given a white robe and told to rest a little
longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should
be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been (Rev 6:9-
11) … ‘Whence have they come? The elder declared ‘These are they who
have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and
made them white in the blood of the lamb” Rev 7:13-14 God didn’t rescue
faithful from the horrors of persecution in the end times.

Jesus Prayed – ‘I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that
you keep them from the evil one’ – John 17:15

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Luk 21:36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Jesus Prayed – ‘I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that
you keep them from the evil one’ – John 17:15

Those who ‘suffer with Him (for His sake) through the terrors of the last
days will at that time ‘also be glorified with Him’ (Romans 8:17)

the one ‘who endures to the end will be saved”
(Matthew 24:13; see also 10:22)

For every one quote you think you have found, there are at least
three that say just the opposite.

[edit on 8/30/2005 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join