It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the stage being set for WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Bare with me on this;

Yesterday i was scrolling through the news to discover France had intervened in Mali and Somalia simultaneously with Britain providing air support and rumoured tutelage to the Mali armed forces. Now the enemy in both of these African continents is of course "Al Qaeda supported" Islamic fighters. Which then led me to look further into conflicts and political tension around the globe, here is what i discovered and what i believe may be the sides that have been set for a global conflict.

Conflicts and tensions -

1. Coalition forces fighting Taliban and foreign "Mujahadeen fighters" in Afghanistan.

2. France + UK air assets in conflicts in Somalia and Mali against Al Qaeda aligned Islamic fighters.

3. British Falklands islands being threatened yet again by Argentinian leaders.

4. Let's not forget the previous issues the US has had in South America as well (bay of pigs etc.)

5. Pressure is growing for NATO involvement in the Syrian conflict, with Russia and China showing support for the government forces whilst western allies show support for the Rebels.

6. Long and drawn out involvement of US special forces in Yemen against Al Qaeda.

7. Israel's continued up spring of settlements in the West bank and persecution of Palestinians.

8. NATO + Israeli pressure on Iran to cease it's nuclear energy projects.

9. Turkey is currently fighting against Kurdish rebels on the border regions between Turkey and Iraq as the Kurds fight for independence from the Turkish government.

10. North Korea continues to test missiles despite reactions from S.Korean and US officials.

11. Increased tensions between China and Japan in the South China sea.

So as you can see by the list I have made, there seems to be two sides in each conflict, on one hand you have NATO, Israel, S. Korea and potentially Japan and on the other hand you have the combined Islamic forces across the globe, Russia, China South American forces (Argentina + Cuba specifically should a conflict begin) and N. Korea.

I hope I am wrong, but it seems far to convenient that out of all the conflicts around the globe, it seems to be the same parties involved, whether it be armed conflict or political tension.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

Looking at your post, it does seem as though WW3 is right around the corner.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if human beings could stop fighting each other and finally join together to further ourselves?

I fear that in this world, this dream of togetherness will never come.

Maybe on a higher plane of existence

S&F
edit on 13-1-2013 by Quyll because: s&f

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Another WW3 looming thread

Although your list looks like such a scenario may be imminent pockets of conflict around the world have always been common. For China and Russia a battle with NATO makes little sense economically and for the future stability of their own countries. The world is a very different place now to what it was during WW2. Technologies have changed so much that a similar scenario is unlikely in the near future. Wars are now fought for profit. Destroy, rebuild and own the resources. This is the goal of the US and China's of the world - to dominate smaller nations to feed their own consumptions. Doing battle with each other makes little sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
No. First of all their are not two sides. The same extremist that the West is fighting so is Russia and China in their own territory. Second Argentina may have a rift with the UK over the Falklands but, the also are a part of the the Friends of Syria group with the UK. Also while small groups of Islamic extremists fight the West, China, Russia and just about everybody else, Islamic nations are allied to the West when it comes to Syria, Iran and Mali. China and Russia have just as many reasons to fight each other as they do the US. Cuba is broken and completely out of the picture. So you list should look more like.

NATO, Muslims nations, Africa, all of Asia (except China and N Korea), most Central and South America vs Syria, Russia, China, Iran (although this is a diplomatic fight not military)

NATO, Muslims nations, Africa, all of Asia, most Central and South America, China, and Russia vs Islamic extremist.

NATO, Muslims nations, Africa, all of Asia (except China), most Central and South America vs N Korea

The world is not black and white. Their are no sides. As often as Russia and China oppose the west they are on the same side of issues with the west 5 other times.

And the thing that really makes WW3 impossible is Russia and China can not do much beyond their own borders. The US and it allies dominate the seas and the air so Russia and China could declare war but do nothing beyond attack border states with mixed degrees of success.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wars and rumors of wars,yes.Indeed looking at your list it seems that there's NOTa region on earth NOT in conflict.Having been left for dead by 7 gang members and surviving(permanent disabled)I can say I have no fear of death,only the destination of my immortal soul.
edit on 13-1-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Every Islamic/Muslim nation isn't with the west.. Where did you get that from? Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE and a few others barely represent the 50+ Islamic nations.

From September last year

Deep in its report, IAEA said most Iranian fuel is enriched far below weapons grade. Conversion would be hard at best. In addition, much new material is in metal form for use in a nuclear research reactor. Uranium in this form can't be enriched to weapons grade.

In other words, an alleged threat doesn't exist. What should have been headlined was ignored or downplayed. The timing tried to undermine Iran's summit success.

According to Britain's International Institute for Strategic Studies research analyst/project coordinator Dina Esfandiary, the event showed Iran "still has friends and trade partners despite international efforts to isolate it."

They are far from isolated.. 100 countries attended that conference and it was deemed as success for Iran. They have a few more rooting for them than we think. So do Syria.

edit on 13-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We have been in WW3 for about 10 years now. Where have you been?

Second line.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on 13-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Can't really see much of a pattern emerging from the examples that you have listed,at least not enough to suggest an all encompassing iminent global conflict,just the "usual" dirty little wars and political posturing,oh and the UK are(officially anyway!) only providing 2 transport aircraft to ferry French forces around,there is to be no direct involvement by British fighting forces,mind you,we've heard THAT one before too!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
October 2015.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How can there not be another world war? The world is split down the middle and the gap widens as the sun rises.
Which is the most likely:
* Both sides suddenly see the light and embrace each other .
* One side attacks the other and its all on.

The way that tensions are increasing its only a matter of time. On the other hand there is always a third possibility.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

These are all minor battles and this sort of thing is always going on on Planet Earth. It is highly unlikely that WWIII would break out to an extent of the warfare that went on during WWII.

This is due to the vastly reduced tentions between the U.S. and Russia as well as the extreme level of power the current U.S. Military is capable of.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You failed to realize that by supporting the rebels in Syria the United States has allied itself with Al Qaida. This makes the situation more complex. The US fights Al Qaida in some conflicts and supplies them with weapons and support in others.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Yes you are right, America is pro terrorist in anti Christian area's, but anti terror side where terrorists are not killing good people, that is why I worry abour Obama being very anti Israel, he keeps saying each January that Iran is not near to getting a nuclear bomb, so stopping anyone from attacking Iran first, yet Obama's own forces chief say Iran has already got bombs now, it's far to late to do anything, yet Obama said on Monday he wont let anyone attack Iran till early 2014, same as he said in 2011 and 2012 Jan speeches, that guy is Muslim, sorry but everything I see & hear tells me he is Muslim, it wont be long before he removes guns from American people either, that is so his brothers can get shut of white Americans who wont be protected, O yes guys you should panic because for the first time in your history you have no protector of American whites from getting slaughtered, hurts don't it? truth always does.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Almost all human conflict comes down to greed and envy. It seems no matter how much we have there is always a group of people who want more and if someone has more or even less but something someone wants and doesn't have then it isn't long until someone tries to take it. War is human greed and envy on a national scale though the people doing the fighting often don't see the spoils.

Another world war wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact if it wasn't for nuclear weapons and the bi-polar cold war world it probably would have already started decades ago. As we enter the new post cold war age with the sole superpower that remains from those times in decline and new technology such as anti-missile defence possibly making a nuclear conflict seem more winnable to war planners it is only a matter of time before we find ourselves in a world war again.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Yes you are right, America is pro terrorist in anti Christian area's, but anti terror side where terrorists are not killing good people, that is why I worry abour Obama being very anti Israel, he keeps saying each January that Iran is not near to getting a nuclear bomb, so stopping anyone from attacking Iran first, yet Obama's own forces chief say Iran has already got bombs now, it's far to late to do anything, yet Obama said on Monday he wont let anyone attack Iran till early 2014, same as he said in 2011 and 2012 Jan speeches, that guy is Muslim, sorry but everything I see & hear tells me he is Muslim, it wont be long before he removes guns from American people either, that is so his brothers can get shut of white Americans who wont be protected, O yes guys you should panic because for the first time in your history you have no protector of American whites from getting slaughtered, hurts don't it? truth always does.

Obama is not a Muslim. If guns are ever taken, it's not just him doing it. He is a white man, or half anyway. Obama is following the same policy as George W. Bush. He has expanded Homeland Security, drone attacks, new wars, etc. He has continued what Bush started both economically and foreign-policy-wise. People need to understand that there is an elite that controls both parties. When it comes to the interests of the elite military-industrial-banking complex there is no Republican Party or Democratic Party. This elite has firm control over both parties. The difference between the two parties is an illusion. They differ on things that don't matter to the complex's grip on power, like abortion, gay marriage, gun control. They want the people to argue over these issues and not be concerned about issues that are important to them, like monitoring everybody's communications (email, facebook, phone and text records) without a warrant, killing American and foreign citizens with drones, starting wars with other countries in order to control the resources and governments of the entire planet for their agenda. The United States is attempting to do what Genghis Khan tried to do, what Napolean tried to do, and what Adolf Hitler tried to do: conquer the entire world.

new topics

top topics

join