It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted 'Snow Princess' Doll: To Bid...Or Not To Bid!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by melendora
I found this thread yesterday and followed all the links. I have to say both dolls have enchanted me. I am fascinated and can't stop thinking about her/them. I sent my mom the link to the sale, she was also intrigued. I wish I would have seen this 2 weeks ago. I defiantly would have bought her. Creepy or odd is I can imagine exactly where she would go in my house. I would love to know some history on them. The headdress looks Russian to me. I'll see if I can find anything.

I wish you would have purchased her. It's so frustrating that someone from ATS wasn't able to.
It has been suggested that she is dressed in Russian style...although, beyond the auction house's statement that she is from the 1920's, we really know very little about these two dolls' origins.
Good luck...and please keep us all posted on your progress.
-TAT

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Originally posted by Night Star
I guess Claire is happy in your house.
She doesn't want anyone else to buy it. Wish we could hear the recording. I sure hope you hear from the owner of the snow princess.

It's not a great idea to let any energies stake claim over a home or family like that.

I totally agree with your statement. There is something very negative about that type of behavior.
Perhaps some type of cleansing ritual may be in order...or at least the homeowner should forcefully re-establish master ship over the home and the doll. So far, it sounds as if whichever spirit rules over the doll, truly believes it is in charge.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hey partsgirl have you ever taken her apart and checked the different parts of Clair? What is under the dress? How is her head connected? Whats on her feet? If you could find any makers marks or stamps it would be easier to find more out about them. The clothing seems to be in really great shape, does it seem original? I put out some feelers to different paranormal groups, and I'm waiting for replys. Ever contact Antiques Roadshow? Or some other professional antiques appraisers? I know I know lots of questions, but I'm trying to get some info on both other ladies.

Thanks! I am enchanted by them and am trying to find out info!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
hello everyone....

no one has contacted me......

the house she was talking about is my old house... (where she feels comfortable) I'm not upset about her saying that.... it is her home... and to be honest.. I am happy she feels safe.....

I have never taken her apart... she is so old that I may disturb something that can't be fixed... and I am fine with the things I do know..

I am upset that the new owner of the snow princess hasn't contacted me.. but I still feel that maybe it is someone that doesn't want me to know they bought it.....

I have thought about selling Claire' but she is a part of my family and I wouldn't want her to feel unwanted.. I would really have to know a lot about anyone that would want to buy her.... so I guess for now she will be staying with me...

I think Paranormal 911 wasn't to visit her again.. I think this time it will be a much smaller group.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by partsgirl

Hey, partsgirl...
Thanks for keeping us posted.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. The dolls indeed have something very compelling about them.

I've read through all of the posts but seem to have missed a crucial bit of information. How did the one doll come to be named or known as "Claire"?

Is there any indication these dolls were associated with any tragedies before the infamous fire? Perhaps it was the tragedy that caused lost spirits to associate themselves with the dolls. Being so striking and anthropomorphic, they possibly drew stuck spirits to them.

I had difficulties as a child with a matched set of ballerina paintings. I do not know their origin, but they were probably passed to us from my grandma after she and grandpa moved to the country. One of the pictures was neutral, inactive and I kept it with me for many uneventful years. The mirror image painting was the active and aggressive one. At night the ballerina in the painting would project off the painting and get within a few inches of my face, causing me to issue some bloodcurdling screams that brought my parents running. I was too young to articulate what was happening at first. When I got old enough to describe what was going on, my dad moved the "evil twin" painting to the basement, I think. He did eventually get rid of it. I am still wary of buying items meant to be part of a pair.

I've also had a bad experience I've talked about many times before about one of a pair of twin beds used by my dad and uncle, and then myself when I was growing up. I brought this bed to my current home and even though I've gotten rid of it, the residual atmosphere around here is still not great. While the bed was here, it was horrible with my own master bedroom bed lifting up and dropping, odd sounds, sights, sensations, and my cats did attack that twin bed constantly while it was here. I do believe it is possible some objects and places have very overpowering energies attached to them, and in my experience it seems there is something about paired objects that really seems to draw energy, like a yin and yang relationship, perhaps.

Claire sounds like a handful. How on earth do you keep a doll from getting bored? I'm a very boring person. I'm glad I don't own Claire and have to keep her entertained.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If you did decide to sell Claire, how much would you want for her?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
If you did decide to sell Claire, how much would you want for her?

If she sells Claire to you...will you keep us up to date here, Night Star? Please.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's my husband/Eventual x husband who is interested. Wether we are still together or living seperately, I will certainly keep you people posted.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just spoke to him about it and he says he isn't sure. I guess it depends on the price. he just bought some music equipment which isn't cheap. If anyone else is interested, that's fine, just keep us posted on the doll please.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well it has been about a month and the new owner of the Snow Princess hasn't contacted me. Maybe they are non-believers. I am sure she will change their minds.

I don't know what I would ask for Claire'. I haven't thought about selling her for a long time. Everyone in my family would be very happy if I would. LOL....

I think I would just see what is offered and who It is that wants her... She can't go to just anyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Claire' has been a handful at times, but as long as you leave her where people can see her and she is 'on display' she is very happy. Well except for when my friend came down and we got her on tape saying to leave her house.. LOL... I am not bothered by her because she knows I love her and will take care of her. She feels safe with me. Now the rest of my family hates her. Well they don't hate her, they are afraid to hate her. LOL.. some won't admit it but they all pretty much believe in her and the things she has done.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So has anything else happened recently? Good to hear rfom you again partsgirl!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Am I the only person who finds that doll pretty? I don't see ugly at all. I see a serenity to her for some reason.

I assure you all I am not a bad person. I'm not seeing pretty on ugly because I look through my own ugly eyes.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It should be buried with the 103 year old woman that it was built for. It's purpose was to be buried with her afterall.

( I got in contact with the family who created the box, which was meant to connect a Jewish family with the spiritual world during the Holocaust. The wooden wine box was originally supposed to be buried with a 103-year old family member, but an Orthodox Rabbi refused the request )

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Am I the only person who finds that doll pretty? I don't see ugly at all. I see a serenity to her for some reason.

I assure you all I am not a bad person. I'm not seeing pretty on ugly because I look through my own ugly eyes.

I too think it's a pretty doll. If that's you in your avatar,your eyes are anything but ugly!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I thought the doll looked beautiful. Then I saw the close-up picture of the face. It gave me a very uneasy feeling. Dolls don't normally creep me out. Nothing does, to be honest. But something about that face made me very uncomfortable.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Claire' is very beautiful. yes she sometimes appears to have a sad face, but most of the time it doesn't look sad. she really has her own personality. I do think sometimes when people are around her it seems her face changes, it is like she knows who to trust and who not to trust.

I don't understand the comments about the 103yr old person and buried with her or the box, can someone explain this to me?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by partsgirl

I didn't understand that either.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by themuse
Haudi,

Sorry to segueway but I just I just need a hug!

I did a silly thing (blame my hangover I did find the right doll eventually and its very pretty and creepy but perhaps not worth the potential consequences, if you believe) anyway my silly thing I read the OP and mosied over to ebay looking for it.... and searched "near life size antique doll" and all these HIGHLY realistic baby dolls are for sale. What kid needs something that looks so real, I find baby dolls that look realistic scary & uneccessary and also they are so real looking pervs into kids could buy them. EEEEEUUUWWWW it should be illegal.

I need a hug! They are disturbing... No more dolls for me... I will stick with my 1985' cabbage patch original.. Frances Florence..(the name she came with)

*rocksbackandforth*

themuse

You made my day
Hahahaha. But indeed on the hand it's silly that dolls are creepy, on the other hand there's something funky about them.

OP, just buy that scary monster and donate it to the island of dolls. There's a vid linked in this thread. Maybe the snow princess and all the other mutilated dolls will start to dance or something

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join