It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For American Citizens r.e. Nuclear Weapons (relating to owning guns too)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So question to you sir, which I think you have already answered above is that you do not believe in gun control? Fair doo's, I am happy to see that you are true to your beliefs in every sense. It would irk me a little if you wanted to keep your guns un-restricted at the same time as wanting to impose restrictions on other nations arms. So kudos to you, wether I believe in what you believe or not at least you are consitant to your view point.

Is there anybody man enough to admit that they want un-restricted guns in America but at the same time as restricting the Arms of Iran and N. Korea?

I do not want people the community has identified as having mental issues or a violent crimminal pass to have guns. In that same context I do not want nations that have been deemed violent and crimminal by the international community to have nukes.

Again, I think the ATS community (in general) is capable of its own critical thinking without referencing the manufactured consent of the international community. When any given nation has grievous intent toward us, I'm sure they'll make it clear without having to have the US military machine and the international community read their minds, so to speak.

At the same time, I don't like the idea of the mentally deficient having access to guns. I mean, who would?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As an American Citizen, I fear my own government more than I fear North Korea or Iran.
The damage our government has done to its own citizens, the taking away our freedoms, the ever growing police state, the cronyism and corruption that never stops.

These are all things that have been heaped on us from our government that we have actually felt.
Iran and North Korea have done no harm to me whatsoever.

Take away all the nukes or let everyone have them.
I don't trust the psychopaths in DC to have the power over them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
gimme a gun that can stop a nuke and i'll be satisfied!

Wilhelm Reich had one, didn't he?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

What? Sorry, but I'm trying to place that into some context. I will admit that I've never had any interest in Wilhelm Reich--although I have a good idea of who he was and his ideas. I just can't place what you're getting at. Please enlighten us....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by michael1983l

I oppose all nuclear weapons. I think all of them should be done away with including our own. However since the American government has absolutely no intention of doing away with them I don't think it has any business telling other countries that they can't have them. To me it's a giant case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

Now before anybody starts telling me that Iran and N.Korea are nuts and will use them please stop to remember history. Exactly which country was it that dropped the first nuclear bombs? And how many other countries have possessed nuclear bombs for decades and have never used them?

Thanks for the poor man's history lesson there!Gee I didn't see anything about Pearl Harbor,the Bataan Death March,Japanese torture and animalistic treatment of P.O.W.'s or massive causalities the allies(I.e.Americans)would have suffered figured into the president' decision to do that?
edit on 12-1-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I do not think it was a troll like question or response. Their viewpoint on Nuclear Weapons was being put forward and the factually correct marker that the USA is the only country that has used them in real time was completely relevant to their thinking. The Merits of using Nukes in Japan is a different discussion but I fear you are missing the point that was trying to be made. Try to focus less on the part where he says USA is the only country to use nukes and focus more on the point that he raises that nobody has uded them since as that is the critical point here.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think any country that wants them has the right to have them. Even countries we do not like. Using them is a different story. I think any nation that uses a nuke at all should be turned into a green glass parking lot. Even if it is our allies.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

Thanks for the poor man's history lesson there!Gee I didn't see anything about Pearl Harbor,the Bataan Death March,Japanese torture and animalistic treatment of P.O.W.'s or massive causalities the allies(I.e.Americans)would have suffered figured into the president' decision to do that?

The question had nothing to do with whether the first dropping of a nuclear bomb was warranted or not. My step-father served in the South Pacific during WW2 and still has nightmares about it. Regardless the US was the first and only country to have ever launched any kind of nuclear attack and remains so. Even Russia and China, who have as many or near as many nuclear weapons as the US, have never launched a nuclear attack.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by littled16

I am glad to hear of your views. I wish most Americans would think this way but I get the feeling from the Press that they do not.

You should know better then to believe anything you here in the media. This is how most Americans feel. At least ones that I know. The American people dont want to be in everyones business. Its our LEADERS who do. Dont confuse the two. And stop believing all that you hear in the media.

Wee-bit of a trolling going on with this thread?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ResistTreason

I take it you haven't actually read the whole thread then.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

How in the hell do you relate nuclear weapons to owning guns ? Sixes and Sevens ?

One thing you've managed to do here in this endeavor is convince me completely you are not a schill.

edit on 12-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join