It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For American Citizens r.e. Nuclear Weapons (relating to owning guns too)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hello my American friends, I have a question I would like to ask you about your thoughts on nuclear weapons for rogue nations and wether you think these rogue nations should be forced by other nations to discontinue obtaining them.

I guess the two rogue nations in question will be Iran and North Korea. So what is your answers? I am asking for a reason which I will discuss after I see what you guys think.
edit on 12-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I oppose all nuclear weapons. I think all of them should be done away with including our own. However since the American government has absolutely no intention of doing away with them I don't think it has any business telling other countries that they can't have them. To me it's a giant case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

Now before anybody starts telling me that Iran and N.Korea are nuts and will use them please stop to remember history. Exactly which country was it that dropped the first nuclear bombs? And how many other countries have possessed nuclear bombs for decades and have never used them?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I am glad to hear of your views. I wish most Americans would think this way but I get the feeling from the Press that they do not. I think that all nuclear weapons should be done away with but because of the mis-trust between nations this in reality will never happen. Even if they say they did they would just hide them somewhere and keep.

Lets hear some more views, I am particularly interested in those that think Iran and N. Korea should not be allowed nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You're not going to relate this to your notorious anti-gun views, are you? Cause we're not giving up our rights under the 2nd, I don't care what you say....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

i think every country should have a pre agreed amount from zero- 1000, whatever. there should be a space nuke missile station run by a team made of international astronauts, scientists. for the sole purpose of protecting the earth from inbound objects(aliens astriods, ect). if someone could engineer the hardware and soft ware to prevent any nuke that enters earths atmosphere from detonating, maybe even a fail safe self destruct.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It was going to be related to your second ammendment but not in the way you think. Those that advokate intervention in Iran and N. Korea were simply going to get asked their opinion on gun control. This thread isn't in any way to preach about gun control but I was hoping to highlight or not highlight the fact that those that believe in intervention also believe in gun control. And those that do not believe in intervention do not believe in gun control. That would be my logical forecast but I was hoping to see it put into practice. I am done with putting my views on gun control forward, my views are not welcome that has become perfectly clear. I was just hoping to prove that you are also not hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

OK. For the record, I'm very much a hands-off Libertarian. Only if we're actually threatened should we care about the actions of sovereign nations. It's not like we can't look after ourselves in the actual event that we're threatened....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well.. I see it pretty much the same way. What's fair for the goose, is fair for the gander, as the saying goes. I have always found it hypocritical.

Likewise, when the politicians give up their armed body guards, and all guns everywhere are turned into plows.. And the hypocrisy is ridden of.. I would reconsider my firm stance on the 2nd.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Startruth144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I oppose all nuclear weapons. I think all of them should be done away with including our own. However since the American government has absolutely no intention of doing away with them I don't think it has any business telling other countries that they can't have them. To me it's a giant case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

Now before anybody starts telling me that Iran and N.Korea are nuts and will use them please stop to remember history. Exactly which country was it that dropped the first nuclear bombs? And how many other countries have possessed nuclear bombs for decades and have never used them?

I'm with you on this one, littled. They are dreadful things. But if we and our "friends" are allowed to have them as "deterrents", then others should as well.

I also believe that the government should leave the second amendment alone. Its purpose is very clear. It is also a deterrent against aggression....from within.
edit on 12-1-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well, for the purpose of your social experiment I will make my opinion known. I am completely against gun control.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So question to you sir, which I think you have already answered above is that you do not believe in gun control? Fair doo's, I am happy to see that you are true to your beliefs in every sense. It would irk me a little if you wanted to keep your guns un-restricted at the same time as wanting to impose restrictions on other nations arms. So kudos to you, wether I believe in what you believe or not at least you are consitant to your view point.

Is there anybody man enough to admit that they want un-restricted guns in America but at the same time as restricting the Arms of Iran and N. Korea?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well thanks, so far a little of my belief inn you guys has been restored. I was hoping so much to not see anybody contradicting themselves and I haven't. Like I have said I am no longer sticking my nose in with my beliefs on gun control its self but I am glad to see that you stick to your beliefs through to nuclear weapons too.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I am glad to hear of your views. I wish most Americans would think this way but I get the feeling from the Press that they do not.

And that is your first problem. Your info and your view of the citizens of this country comes from the press. 'Nuff said.

most americans that I know DESPISE nuclear weapons. Period.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The press is one form of obtaining this information, but I am educating myself by asking directly here and so far what you have said rings true. The responses so far have been of a general dislike of nuclear arms.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

So question to you sir, which I think you have already answered above is that you do not believe in gun control? Fair doo's, I am happy to see that you are true to your beliefs in every sense. It would irk me a little if you wanted to keep your guns un-restricted at the same time as wanting to impose restrictions on other nations arms. So kudos to you, wether I believe in what you believe or not at least you are consitant to your view point.

Is there anybody man enough to admit that they want un-restricted guns in America but at the same time as restricting the Arms of Iran and N. Korea?

I do not want people the community has identified as having mental issues or a violent crimminal pass to have guns. In that same context I do not want nations that have been deemed violent and crimminal by the international community to have nukes.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The press is one form of obtaining this information, but I am educating myself by asking directly here and so far what you have said rings true. The responses so far have been of a general dislike of nuclear arms.

Thats my point. And I applaud you for doing so, but your first mistake was to base any view of the american people off of the press in the first place.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

reply to post by Ex_CT2

I do not want people the community has identified as having mental issues or a violent crimminal pass to have guns. In that same context I do not want nations that have been deemed violent and crimminal by the international community to have nukes.

Which is also a fair stand point and one that I personally could accept. But I think the yard stick for measuring weather a nation is unfit is wrong. I think most of what we hear about Iran and N. Korea is very one sided and to make a decision off the back of that would be wrong, I also find it very difficult to encompas a whole nation as Crazy, when that is probably far from the truth. Their representatives may well be crazy but the people are most definately not.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Let me just put it this way: I believe you are in the wrong forum for this type of question. If you asked it in certain other forums, I'm sure you'd find 100% participation in the theory that it's all fine and good for us to have both guns and nukes, but not for Iran--or NK, or any other place you'd care to name. I think ATS is somewhat special in that respect....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Thats my point. And I applaud you for doing so, but your first mistake was to base any view of the american people off of the press in the first place.

The press's view is pretty much the view I have mostly been exposed to but my wording where I mention I get the feeling from the press should have been an indicator that my view point was far from being factual.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Fair enough, and again, I applaud you for actually posing the question instead of accepting the press take on it. Thats the first step to truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join