It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Evil, And We Should Exterminate Ourselves!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I can’t truly put into words how weary I am of hearing this statement, and its derivatives. It must be one of the most ignorant, and self deprecating statements I have ever heard from a humans mouth, or seen them type on my screen. It’s a lie! A lie that has survived and thrived for thousands of years!

I want each and every one of you reading this to examine yourself. Do you think you are evil? Do you think you are bad? Do you think you are innately beyond redemption as a member of our species? Because that is what you are saying, when you speak or type the title of this thread, and/or something similar. You are saying, “I’m evil, bad, and beyond hope of redeeming myself. I should kill myself”.

Sounds a little different when it becomes personal, doesn’t it? It’s easy to wipe out a whole species in your mind. But when it comes home to the person who made that judgement to start with, they get offended when someone says, “You first”.

Now for those of you who got a yes answer from yourself, and still think we all need to die with you. Please seek help. For your own good, and the good of those you love, please seek help!

Humas are NOT innately or inherently evil! Humans ARE however, adaptable to their environment.

Create an environment of peace and plenty, and with the exception of a few, the overwhelming majority of us are content to live in peace and harmony.

Create an environment that requires us to live in survival mode, and we will do whatever it takes to survive, and insure the survival of our young.

Create an environment where we have no choice but to fight fire with fire, and we will respond in kind. We won’t like it, but we’ll do it if we are forced to.

Create an environment that is hopeless and helpless, and we will live in despair until we figure out how to change it.

Now look at the world you live in folks. Look at it. Analyze it. Examine it closely. What kind of environment do we live in? Who has the greater responsibility for creating that environment? Who has the responsibility of changing that environment? Locally, nationally, and worldwide?

To condemn our whole species as evil, and beyond redemption, is nothing more than an extreme response and adaptation to the environment that has been created on this planet.

Stop adapting to the present environment, and start adapting the environment to you.

/Rant.

edit on 1/12/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I can see where you are coming from. And I have really tried to give people a chance.

I have also tried adapting my environment to one everyone can thrive in. But all the stupid people keep screwing it up, and I'm sick of it. So I'm willing to respond in kind.
Fire with fire and all that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There is of course the old nature v nurture argument, and in my line of work I have seen some of the very worst human behavior nature, nurture, or just circumstance. Despite all this I have also seen some of the best and most noble deeds that individuals and groups are capable of so I remain on the side of the argument that the vast majority of humans are basically good, slow to anger, but swift when stirred.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

At last a voice of reason
I was a little concerned when I read the thread title. S&F for common sense and rational thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

NICE!!! S&F

It's only when we compare ourselves to an image of perfection that we deem ourselves as evil and unworthy.
Lions aren't evil. Killer whales aren't evil. So why should the human animal look at itself as evil? It's like saying a deadly virus is evil when it is just doing what it has evolved to do.

We are the total sum of what can be defined in any nature book as a species inhabiting this planet. Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Agreed... you go first.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

As they say "misery loves company". There are always going to be those who wallow in their own self pity, and they are so miserable they couldn't possibly fathom that everyone else isn't just like them. Those who are unhappy only see what is bad in the world instead of what is good and right. I pity these people, and hope for them to get the proper help that unbeknownst to them they seriously need.

Personally I am not evil- I'm just extremely mischievous!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I can see where you are coming from. And I have really tried to give people a chance.

I have also tried adapting my environment to one everyone can thrive in. But all the stupid people keep screwing it up, and I'm sick of it. So I'm willing to respond in kind.

I hear ya. The truth is, that while we are indeed a product of our environment. It is for that same reason, most of us forget that we can also change that environment. So while you are actively seeking to create a new environment, many are still wallowing in the old one, because they don't realize they can change it.

Those of us who realize this, have become the ones responsible for spreading it. It is frustrating to the extreme at times. But I'm not willing to give up. I try to make a difference in someones life everyday. Even if it's just to bring a smile to someones face.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's only when we compare ourselves to an image of perfection that we deem ourselves as evil and unworthy.

Well said.
An unrealistic image of perfection at that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I can’t truly put into words how weary I am of hearing this statement, and its derivatives. It must be one of the most ignorant, and self deprecating statements I have ever heard from a humans mouth, or seen them type on my screen. It’s a lie! A lie that has survived and thrived for thousands of years!

I want each and every one of you reading this to examine yourself. Do you think you are evil? Do you think you are bad? Do you think you are innately beyond redemption as a member of our species?

/Rant.

Yes...

We ALL have the potential of beeing evil every single one of us no exception. I see it all the time from fights breaking out over parking spots and even waiting in a line at the grocery store..

Human by evolutionary standards and even biblical standards are inherintley evil and violent ....take the most peaceful person you know and kidnapp their child, now find the kidnapper tie him up and present him to the father of the child...i can tell you right now they wont hug and make up..

Our species eventually will bring forth its own extinction...yes i am god loving yes i TRY to be peaceful and loving, but somwhere deep down in the darkest pits of me, i am a violent demon waiting to be unleashed all you eed to do is push the right button...just like ALL of us

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My take on humanity's supposed right to continue existing on this planet is based on three things: we're a primitive civilization featuring such terrors that even the saying "it's all a part of the whole" seems little more than something to help us fall asleep at night.... evolving to a higher state of sensibility isn't going to happen any time soon, if at all... and the planet along with its delicate ecosystems wouldn't miss us one bit and would even flourish utterly if we were to disappear.

But I'm not entirely pessimistic. When all is said and done, I think there's still hope for humanity's future and potential harmony. Plus, there's the creativity of the artists and musicians. I actually think they are the sole reason why humanity should continue existing, but that's just me.

edit on 12-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

The example you give is a product of environment and circumstances. Not an indicator of the innate evil potential of a species. The kidnapper has identified himself as a threat. Any species will protect its young when a threat persists. Including deities, if our religious texts are any indicator.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well it had to be said, didn't it? And well said indeed! S&F!

In reading the comments on a recent thread, I was flabberghasted by the opinions of the human condition by some religious folk. Some come from the prospect that, unless pre-ordained or chosen by God, we are all born wretched sinners with no soul, or a soul that is "dead in spirit," and our only real freedom is commit sins!

What a sorry, sorry statement for those people's self images. And, what a strong statement for the success of religion and politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd also like to address some people's tendency to wail, "This person deserves to be locked up with (name of horrible serial killer) for thinking (strange controversial thought)!!"
I'd feel a lot better if religious doctrine were behind that obnoxious mindset. At least that way there would be some kind of outside influence.

edit on 12-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

And, what a strong statement for the success of religion and politics.

Therein lies the crux, doesn't it? What better way to control a population than with fear and guilt. Criminalize the individual, and make all normal behavior a criminal act. This is what religion and politics has accomplished for us as a species for thousands of years. It's no wonder we are a dysfunctional society, with the patients running the asylum.

Thanks for chiming in Windword.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by ooYODAoo

The example you give is a product of environment and circumstances. Not an indicator of the innate evil potential of a species. The kidnapper has identified himself as a threat. Any species will protect its young when a threat persists. Including deities, if our religious texts are any indicator.

Anything can be perceived as a threat by someone, even if you don't see it or understand it.

Humanity is a threat unto itself and even when it's not due to evil, it's due to ignorance.

Either way, chances are higher that it will still end up exterminating itself, whether intentional or accidental.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yup, I understand, but this IMHO is the opportunity to stop with the 'eye for an eye' mentallity. Don't get me wrong, when something evil happens, and we can think of many and very recently, I believe the only recourse is to exterminate it.

But, in day to day activities, in our personal lives, I'm referring to those annoying, stupid people. We DO have the 'choice' to simply not engage or to move away from these people. I'm not saying just look away when something bad is going down, I'm all in favor of helping people. I'm talking about the closed-minded people who are just looking for contention, a reason to cause havoc.....I avoid these people/groups and focus on the healthier things in life.

I hear ya. The truth is, that while we are indeed a product of our environment. It is for that same reason, most of us forget that we can also change that environment. So while you are actively seeking to create a new environment, many are still wallowing in the old one, because they don't realize they can change it.

Those of us who realize this, have become the ones responsible for spreading it. It is frustrating to the extreme at times. But I'm not willing to give up. I try to make a difference in someones life everyday. Even if it's just to bring a smile to someones face.

Good thread, S+F, I like what you had to say. WE can take responsibility for OUR actions and reactions. It takes patience and practice, but when we try and do the next right thing(s) in our lives, life can be rich and full and WE can find a happier and healthier life style. WE can only hope our actions will stimulate others to want to reevaluate their life situation.

Evil exists, but there is tremendous good out there!!

Peace!! ID

edit on 12-1-2013 by ItDepends because: restructure

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well when you hear this statement you should figure out who is the person's most loved family member and see if they'd willing kill them. Or if they'd accept someone brutally harming them physically and or emotionally.

If they can't and won't they don't believe it themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Create an environment of peace and plenty, and with the exception of a few, the overwhelming majority of us are content to live in peace and harmony.

Create an environment that requires us to live in survival mode, and we will do whatever it takes to survive, and insure the survival of our young.

Create an environment where we have no choice but to fight fire with fire, and we will respond in kind. We won’t like it, but we’ll do it if we are forced to.

Create an environment that is hopeless and helpless, and we will live in despair until we figure out how to change it.

Exactly. We must figure out how to change it!! I could not agree with you more....

the human brain is "born" adaptable - and will develop the "coping skills" necessary to ensure their survival (even if those "skills" become counterproductive). Once those "coping skills" become useless, a human will naturally try to figure out another way -- but, as creatures of habit, we have to be faced with the absolute worst suffering to be willing to change those skills into something POSITIVE.

Too many are just "complacent", saying, "Well, it will never change." It CAN change....
change is the ONE THING we can all count on.

Let's change it!

S/F, my friend!
~wild

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join