It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War You Don't See [Shocking Truth Documentary Exposes Media Lies]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Just out of curiosity, Corruption, what sources do you trust for objective information? Clearly, there is a lot of propaganda and disinformation out there. Which news sources do you find the most reliable?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Had some interesting information and examples of how great embedded journalism is for the masses.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edward 1st
I haven’t watched the documentary yet but the first question that pops into my mind is... Why, if this is so damaging to the media is it being broadcast by the media themselves on ITV1?

Its not so much about damaging the media. It is showing how the media damages the mind of the viewer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Edward 1st

Good question.
Because weak people would be overwhelmed by the realisation of the existence of this amount of disinfo and propaganda in the media.
This vehicules the idea that nothing (of what you see or hear) is true. The chaos of the mind that ensues (for weak people) push people in 3 directions: faith, nihilism and disinterest.
Three things that, for different reasons, are good for the PTB.

One could also think that there are multiple factions at play and that each of them have their own media outlets to distribute their agenda. And that this particular faction wants to enlighten us more.
This is possible too.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Published on Apr 5, 2012 JDAM bombs are dropped on Taliban munitions and IEDs. Area was cleared of all persons before drop.

From the explanation of your own video! So who is spreading false info now?

Our men and women over there are not evil, however when they see their own die at the hands of someone they are going to kick that someones arse.

We can all agree that D.C. and others need an absolute enema but until that happens this twisted pain of war will keep moving on like a freight train.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Powerful documentary! You have to ask yourself why documentaries like this are never shown during prime time. I've seen many startling documentaries that are only shown in the early morning hours where they get the least amount of viewers. Instead, the public is shoveled with trash reality shows to keep us in the dark.

News organizations and all journalists everywhere should be ashamed of themselves. They are the voice of the people, and we trust them to scrutinize government policies and official stories. The governments of the world are holding a gun to the head of journalists around the world. Today's journalists have neither the backbone nor the fortitude to investigate government officials and policies. They fear their jobs and losing their inside government news sources that keep them at bay.

If journalists and news organizations would stand together on investigative reporting, maybe the tables would turn against the powers that be. The invasion of a sovereign country based upon lies and fear, is a blatant war crime. Any third world country officials who did what the U.S. and Britain did in Irag, would be charged with war crimes in a blink of an eye. It's a disgusting state of affairs when our elected officials, media and even the American and British public let these criminal war crimes go unpunished.

Journalists and news organizations have lost the public's faith in reporting the truth. They are being controlled by the same government officials who they're supposed to be scrutinizing and reporting of illegal and criminal activity. The public needs to question everything the media dishes out. Until reporters and media organizations get a backbone and become the voice of the public and challenge every official story, they along with the government have blood on their hands.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by kosmicjack

You call it propaganda, I call it the truth.

What are your intentions?

To mostly agree with you and add that media fluff pieces that highlight reunions and underscore patriotism without showing the dark reality of war are every bit as much of propaganda as the agenda driven, information-manipulation pieces that lead up to war.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

From the explanation of your own video! So who is spreading false info now?

Just because the description says so? That was a village. You believe anything cause it "says so".

Boy have we a got some wars for you. Sign right here. Lock and load.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Propaganda at it's finest.

edit on 1/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Where is the propaganda in this video? If anything, this video tries to show where the propaganda comes from.

The classic, mainstream media disperse propaganda. This video at least tries to inform the public for free, no breaks for commercials. Just plain info.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

Holy Cow.

See my post a above yours.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Incredible documentary, Thank you for posting a *powerful Doc* CE

S n F

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Let me say my opinion about bringing peace.

I have been much through different part of our society.

I have came to this conclusion , those who are making wars want you behind the monitors.

They have even plans to do so.

They have made many movies and induced to us that we can do much by typing and informing other people.

But outside the internet , it is money and geed which can talk.

People think that "I run on your body while I have a car and you are on foot".

People on the internet will not be induced by feelings.

They just talk.

And in the end , when there is a tough decision to make , every one begins to get paranoid. Because they are not sure of the dude in the opposite line of the internet.

So , basically , I believe that we should try to evolve our relationships in the outside world.

Suppose that Corruption Exposed gets about 170 people around him who support him. People can see him and test how much they can trust him.

IMO , we are somehow knocking ion the worng door.

BTW , I don't intend to make anybody disappointed , for I am not disappointed myself. I want a way to evolve this.

Tell me where I'm wrong ,anybody.

thanx

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The problem is at the money and political end of this monster - we should look at it and call it what it is

The other end of it is this:
China Said to Crack Down on Censorship Protests
141 journalists killed in 2012, study finds
Chechnya: Russia closes paper after journalists laugh at Vladimir Putin
Ex-policeman jailed in Russia over Politkovskaya murder
Journalist working for Russian channel wounded in Syria
Journalists condemn killing of colleagues in Quetta blasts
Journalists targeted in Greece bombings
Journalists decry threats
Central African Republic: Central African Journalist Killed Amidst Revolt
and finally:
NYT closes its environment desk, reassigns journalists
Business as usual I guess

The truth may be hard to come by, and it may be edited, rearranged and packaged and regurgitated to accomplish many things for a lot of dishonest people, but the people who risk their lives to find the truth have nothing but my respect
CPJ: Committee to Protect Journalists - Defending Journalists Worldwide

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
there were plenty of people that protested about even going into iraq and afghanistan in the first place. those voices were drowned out as being un-american and wussies. civilians get killed in war, our troops were doing their jobs, what do you expect, when they all dress the same, and look the same.
and what would you think as a soldier, if a woman holding a child came running out of a house, and one of your buddies paused to let her go by, and right behind her came a guy with an AK firing at your buddy and blew him away....how much restraint would you have the next time in a similar situation?
war is F'ed up, you're there to survive, rules are hard to follow when it's your own ass being shot at.

Why are we poking in peoples homes for a fight?? If foreign troops came to the USA and started poking in houses here you would have men running out with AR15s against those troops. I would be one of them.

We have no moral ground to be in many of nations we are in. Iraq is lie we should not be there. Afghanistan was attacked because the attackers were said to be from there but it is said there is no proof of that. Osama bin laden was in pakistan....

War is F'ed up as you say, but it used to be fought by soldiers on a battle field against other soldiers. Today our army is going into countries looking to make enemies out of every man woman and child in the country. It is shameful and it is a gross abuse of power.

Even if we entertain your notion on things.. how does that excuse the blowing up of children by gunships, drones and air bombings??

I am really interested in your answer to that. If a foreign country bombs my neighborhood for no reason killing my neighbors and maybe my family i would run out of my home shooting with my ar15 if they came knocking door to door. I just do not understand what you expect them to do.. throw you a party?

edit on 12-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the video... I will absolutely watch this as soon as I get the chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
S&F OP. Pilger's documentaries have never had the attention they deserve on here or anywhere else. I find myself wishing that John had the exposure that Icke enjoys. I'm not comparing them, just wishing one was as well known as the other.

Because John's exposure is so slight I find that I regularly entirely forget he even exists until I stumble into him again on youtube or someone mentions him on here. It's almost as if I've been conditioned to forget him lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In war, there are no winners.

The root of war is human corruption. Neutralize criminal degeneracy within government and the global financial system, and for the most part wars will cease to exist.

Be aware of the dark deception and cruel self-serving games, engineered by those who hold power and those who incessantly formulate complex laws.

Never be willing to attack another, but always be prepared to defend yourself and your neighbors.

Shine a light on darkness, and become a beacon of truth.

F.T.G.

edit on 12-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

John Pilger doesn't seem to believe 7/7, 9/11 and JFK were inside jobs...

Does anyone know WHY?

Is he lying to protect himself or does he have an agenda to fulfill?

Makes me extremely suspicious.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

He shouts out loud the media responsibility of thruthful news, if he doesn´t say he beliefs or not to those issues in public only shows he follow ethics of media himself.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I agree to a lesser extent...war criminals!? I dunno...

However, the media ARE complicit in not pushing for footage of flagged draped coffins, crowded VA hospital rehabs or homeless shelters and mental hospitals full of veterans BUT they happily air contrived feel-good moments of soldiers returning home.

Those tear jerk moments act to wrap up the sadness and separation of war and make it all warm and fuzzy, while glossing over the reality and horrors of endless war like that detailed above or even worse, suicides.

Propaganda at it's finest.

edit on 1/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

well if I convince someone to kill someone with false information and by tear jerking theatrics.... would i have any charges brought against me??

That's why Manson is in prison. He didn't physically kill anybody at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul

In war, there are no winners.

+Don't mix things up.

Wars have winners today , multinational banksters are the winners. The corporations are the winners. American soldiers are the manipulated side. The opposite site are defending their homes.

I really don't know how you interpret the events how you want.
edit on 12-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join