It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War You Don't See [Shocking Truth Documentary Exposes Media Lies]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Until we indict Bush and Blair on war crimes charges,this will continue throughout the world today.Unfortunately the views of some of the morons in the video,who were wittering on about the F-18 and the A-10 being their favourite aircraft and the use of MOABS,daisy cutters and cruise missiles being "acceptable" against a civillian population seem to be the views of a great deal of the US and UK public and will continue to be( unless,of course they were to find themselves in an A-10's sights being shredded by 30 mil depleted uranium rounds).

Additionally,it's all very well for journalists such as Rageh Omar to admit,after the event,that perhaps they didn't do their jobs as objective journalists,however,they are still as guilty as the rest of the war machine for perpetuating the myths.

As sick and saddening as it is,perhaps the only sure way to make the US and UK lose their appetite for such blatant murder,would be to show the aftermath of an attack with dead Iraqi/Afghan etc children piled up everywhere.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
this is a really good documentary, thanks a lot for posting. S&F.

there was so much information on this that i don't remember which one it was exactly, but i do remember seeing one of the clips they showed as 'non-embedded' journalism which don't usually end up being shown on mainstream television on national TV here in Austria. in general i remember Austrian TV to be much less corrupt and more critical like 8-10 years ago than it is now. nowadays they don't really question anything anymore, just report the mainstream news as fed to them by international news media corporations. they aren't even critical of our own politicans much anymore, despite the outright ridiculous statements a lot of them are making 24/7. it's sad tbh.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Vote 1 ASSANGE

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Never posted here before, however I have been a reader for some years and a member for maybe over a year. I've never felt compelled to write a response before, even though I have found much entertainment from reading peoples posts.

I just want to thank you for bringing this documentary to my attention Corruption Exposed, although I am British and reside in the UK I was not even aware that this was on our terrestrial TV.

As said by others, this is the best documentary I have ever watched. I just wish everyone was forced to watch it, it may change some peoples opinions on our countries actions abroad. I feel it would definitely influence who people vote for if they had any heart.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Agent69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I agree that the good people of Afghanistan are not exposed to -- or influenced by -- the media manipulation scheme we in the west are saturated in on a daily basis. They are part of the battlefield used by these multinationals to generate their profits.

As to Iran -- I think that part of the problem is that these companies want access to Iran's wealth and materials and are mainly locked out (certain oil companies aside) and that is where the corruption comes in. These corporations want a share of what they are not getting, and that is the root of all of this "the people of Iran want war" BS that we are inundated with here in the US.

My principal beef here at ATS is that there are a lot of posters who blame the symptom -- the politicians -- when the money (or lack thereof) is the actual driver.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Great documentary, just finished it and plan to watch the rest posted here as well, kudos OP and others!

One of the better videos I've watched on this topic. Where it was not all new info, I was impressed with how well it was presented. I especially liked the topics Assange brought up, that guy is pretty amazing sometimes.

The whole imbedded journalism crap, selling this hard war story from an "insider" perspective, yet forgets all about the families and innocent casualties who are just fighting to stay alive. Hmmm let's just edit that crying child out, or that mangled baby, or their devastated family and house? Ok so the use of white phosphorus was new to me, that stuff is nuts if I understand it correctly.

Any and all war journalism in a fair society would merely be a security camera view of the situation with transcripts written by unbiased translators, then you can see the ugly gritty result of all this warmongering, and you'll get a clearer idea who's behind promoting wars, and why they stage most of it using media to get people behind it.

Well worth the watch

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You know, I've always wondered why the American news networks rarely, if ever, focus on the civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. Every time I hear an American soldier or any soldier of our allies has died in the war(s), reflexively I obviously can't help but be sad. With that being said, I also can't help but always wonder about the number of innocent civilians that might have been caught in the middle of these conflict between our soldiers and the real assholes/Taliban.

Have we ever seen any photos of the victims of our drones? Never. Not on our public news networks, anyways.

It just goes to show, whether the government majority is either Democrat or Republican, politicians, our high-ranking military-governmental officials should never be trusted.
edit on 1/13/13 by insightout because: punctuation

edit on 1/13/13 by insightout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this video. I just watched it and have already sent it to who I could via social media. If everyone watched this perhaps we wouldn't be so easily manipulated by the news. I was taught how to watch media when I was growing up...I wonder if they still teach those courses in school?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Edward Bernaise:

"the intelligent manipulation of the masses is an invisible government that is the true ruling power in our country"

So much for the "third estate".
edit on 13-1-2013 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah,I trained to be good at the janitorial work for the man,and I got good at it.

I was good at it,and was deployed.

There was no honor in it,no reverence for anything.

I left the service.

I had nightmares for years.

It's ALL B.S..

All of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Assange is a hero.
Assange is a hero.
Assange is a hero.
Who cares what the brainwashing media says about him,the truth is the truth.
There is nothing but the truth,reality is what remains after you stop believeing in everything.
edit on 13-1-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: failure to proofread

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Speaking of the media hiding stories. Has anyone noticed that both jets with the fuel leaks on the Dreamliner were produced by the same Labor Union that sued Boeing last year. I work in quality and six sigma in factories like Boeing, these are no coincident incidents. In the mid 2000's I worked with Large equipment manufacture in Peoria, the Union numbers were being reduced for more part time labor. We had acts of sabotage by the Union workers that put lives at risk. Several individuals on site were seriously injured when a machine that was intentionally sabotaged exploded in house. Four people had severe burns on up to 60% of their body. The Boeing issue seems very much like these issue I experienced. Boeing says the issue is unknown, that is a joke. They would have had a contains ment unit on the issue right away. Most likely a mechanical issue could have a root cause identified in five to seven days. They are hiding the reality of the situation.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, looks like they pulled it unless Ive missed something, cause I was just about to watch it and... guess what.

Oh well I guess the government decided it was too much truth for me to handle.

Hope somebody saved it?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
OP the docu is no longer available on youtube. I'v been searching for a copy but to no avail. I'll get back to you ASAP with another link.

People, you need to search for a link so that OP can put it in the original post. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Found one on youtube that is still working.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darksky

reply to post by darksky

I'm sorry that the video has been removed but thankfully magycpapyri has found a copy that is still up for viewing, hopefully someone has the means convert this and save it just in case this one is also removed.

Thank you magycpapyri for posting the new link

I'm unsure if the moderators would update the OP with the video as I have made several similar requests in the past and was never responded to.

Perhaps one of you can give it a shot, I don't seem to very much luck

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

I've been meaning to watch this since it was first posted and didn't have the opportunity until today. Imagine my disappointment when I'd discovered it had been yanked from youtube only to have you save the day!

Thanks to you and the OP.

Truly an awesome documentary and worth the watch. The only thing I really have to say about it, is that I found it interesting how 9/11 was clearly featured as a "symbol" for which much of the deception the documentary talked about, yet the "journalistic integrity and hard hitting questions" never seemed to touch on that pivotal event except in passing.

Either way, a great look at bias in western media (and western propaganda in general). Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yvw, this is a documentary that everyone should see, so I"m glad I could help out. I'll also send a note to the mods and ask for a update to the original post.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

Thanks alot for that, I missed that one!

And I forgot to thank the op for posting it in the first place, so thank you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join