It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nacho Cheddar Cheese Twistaroni from Chef Boyardi Conspiracy (not a joke.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Several years ago there was the most delicious idea for Spaghettios ever invented, it was called uncomparably Nacho Cheddar Cheese Twistaroni.

Every day, well, maybe every other day... I'd go to the store and buy a can or a few of this wonderful new delightful flavor of spaghettios.
Not only that, but, every time I went... all of them would either be gone, or I'd grab the last couple. I'm sure of this, because early in the morning, right after stocking, I'd notice that there were many, many cans of Twistaroni.. not just only a couple.. so, every day.. someone, would come in and buy many cans of this. More than any other Spaghettio type.

But to my dismay and most definitely many Twistaroni fanatics one day they removed Nacho Cheddar Cheese Twistaroni from all shelves in my town and any surrounding town's gorcery store that I visited.

Now, I had been to several different stores when it was available, and... the same thing happened... there'd always be a space with only a couple of them left, suggesting (no, telling) me that many people were buying this, and there were many fans. many more than the other "flavors", or types, rather.

Why, so.. then.. why did they take them off the shelves?

To me, this indicates a much bigger conspiracy.

After some research and even calling Chef Boyardi recently after years of speculation and grief over the lost spaghettios, I found out that I can get the bar code for this particular type and actually have my store order it for me if they were willing. Because, yes, it does still exist... but, they even changed the name! It's not Twistaroni anymore, it's now Nacho Cheese Ratoni.

Why did... why did they feel the need to remove this product and then change the name? What really happened behind this? I've done research, but I don't believe much of what I read on search engines, so... that doesn't do me much good. Corporations always have their own agenda.

Hopefully I can get the store to resupply this, even with the stupid new name they have.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

EDIT i was going to reply but why bother

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sounds tasty. I'll have to see if I can find of this for myself.

I was devastated along with many others back in the eighties when Peanut Butter Boppers were taken off of the shelves.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Yes, um... back on topic..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ya know after this thread I think I actually missed Bernie Shnitzel for a moment.At least he managed to be an imaginative mess.
edit on 11-1-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

That was Legen..wait for it...DARY!

So, back on topic yes.

Quite a nifty food conspiracy you have discovered.

Could we get links with images corresponding to the before and after in this marketing scheme?

edit on 11-1-2013 by ADVISOR because:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I feel your pain.

There was once a glorious bubble gum called radical wild berry something or other from bubblicious that all of a sudden disappeared. It was always almost completely sold out.

I can not describe the intense and wonderful flavor this gum had. It was orgasmic.

My friend and I kept it a coveted secret, never sharing a piece with anyone when they would ask for some gum because always they would get hooked and buy it up like we did and then procede to not share. IT WAS THAT GOOD.

You could not drive while chewing it, it was too distracting. You could not do much of anything except chew or bad things happened. You almost wanted to close your eyes from the pleasure.

I know people say I exaggerate...I do not.

sometimes things are TOO good and life takes them away. Once it was discontinued, I went through withdrawal and never chewed gum again.

I am not even kidding. I swear it has ruined gum for me. Nothing even comes close.....I can taste it now. I salivate when I think of it and my taste buds sting.....I think it had something in it that made people addicted. It was too good. Way too good.

So op, I know what you are saying. I suspected some sort of conspiracy myself as the behavior people exibited after chewing said ambrosia was odd......

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So far, every link I've found regarding "Cheesy Nacho Rotini" shows the "Cheesy Nacho Twistaroni" label.

Anyway, I found an old Twistaroni commercial.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Nacho Cheese Ratoni, huh? firstly, I try to always avoid processed foods of this sort but you have my curiosity peaked. this stuff must be tasty. I'm off to amazon to see reviews, if they're as good, I will stop by my grocery and try it for dinner!
I hope you're right .

edit on 11-1-2013 by butterfly1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You know that stuff will eventually kill you if you keep eating them so much...Just saying....And as far as the conspiracy involved, yes,it is called the"Marketing strategy".

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I read this post with amused interest because a thread about a Spaghettios conspiracy just has to be entertaining.

I really don't think Chef Boyardee is conspiring to keep your favorite processed pasta and cheese away from you.

Also, even though I try to stay away from processed foods as much as I can and grow a large garden that yields hundreds of pounds of fresh veggies and fruit every year, I always have a can or two of Spaghettos with Sliced Franks in the cupboard because they are so darn tasty! They are one of the ultimate comfort foods for me.

edit on 11-1-2013 by tsawyer2 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Procure yourself some chocolate snaps. Put whole box in a big cup pour milk over them and crush them with a spoon. This will give you power.

Link

'course they must be the original so i dont know if the original, box, name and taste is available. They vanished one day without a trace, I think they were just too powerful.

I dont know about Chef Boyardee, never ate pastamacaroni from a can.

ETA: cannot be red box, must be brown box.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

After reading your thread this morning...I had a good laugh...thank you for that!

As for why the (Twistaroni) was taken from all those grocery store shelves; I don't have a definite answer for you.

Maybe...they were selling in your area...but not doing well in other cities and states...so someone in the company pulled the product from all the shelves.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The conspiracy here is you being a corporate shill for the Boyardi company, which is owned by ConAgra, which is a massive company trying to hawk food that will kill you on down the line.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What ever happened to fruit filled mini wheats dammit!!!!
Oh and chili filled hot dogs dammit!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Rebranding ... such as Blackwater becoming KBR becoming ??? ... is usually to help try kill either bad PR associated with that brandname ...OR ... in an effort to slow down those trawling through the paper trail for financial phenomena such as fraud.

Maybe they had some bad ingredients and people got sick and sued?

Personal Disclosure: I hope you are able to both aquire an adequate supply of this foodstuff and also resolve any conspiracy that may be at play with this foodstuff.

If you have an old can of the Twistaroni PLEASE compare the ingredients to the new cans of Ratoni and enlighten us if there are any obvious changes to the cans contents.

Follow that up by asking the company if the changed wholesale food supliers and or the recipe used and if yes then when.

Be well comrade!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
One consistency I read from the OP story is that every store visited showed the same thing: Nacho Cheese Twistaroni's either low-shelf count or sold out whist the other flavors were abundant.

So, I might suggest the stores had increasing amounts of the other products subject to spoilage and thus stopped ordering the Twistaroni in order to sell the other products prior to their expiration dates, then chose not to re-order it or its replacement / rebranded product.

edit on 1/11/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well that took all of about 5 seconds.....literally......

Cheesy Nacho Rotini

is on the ChefBoyardee website under products page 2.......
I am scared to introduce these to my daughter .........she might want them 24/7.

Chef Boyardee Cheesy Nacho Twistaroni

www.grocerycouponnetwork.com...
edit on 11-1-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: added info

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Enough shilling for ConAgra. Now, I love square cheddar cheese flavoured crackers, but I'm not about to go and do Kellogg's work and shill a bunch of Cheez-its to you people. This is a conspiracy forum. Not a vending machine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join