It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just like Clintonville: Late Night Booms waking up Evansville Residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Late night booms waking up residents in Evansville

EVANSVILLE - Southwestern Indiana authorities are trying to determine the source of mysterious late-night booms that are giving area residents a rude awakening. Twenty-four-year-old Caleb Donahoo says he's heard the booms each night this week at his Evansville-area home. He says the first one, on Monday, was so loud it shook his home and rattled its windows. Evansville-Vanderburgh County Emergency Management Agency director Sherman Greer tells the Evansville Courier & Press that so far, local authorities are at a loss to explain the loud noises. The booms have fueled rampant speculation on social media, with theories ranging from a blown power transformer to a meth explosion or a sonic boom from some sort of aircraft. Others have speculated the noises could be mine blasts at a nearby coal mine.

This reminds me a lot of the Clintonville, WI Booms back in March of 2012. Four nights of booms around 3:00 am until daybreak. Booms that shook homes with 400 residents hearing them and it was only residents within the city. They ruled out everything in the first days like quakes, landfill explosions, mining, construction sites, gas lines and underground pipes, meth labs, storms, fireworks and whatever. Yet, after four days then suddenly it was announced that it was a small 1.5 earthquake after all. Funny how the tremors went on only in those early morning hours.

Should be interesting to see how this one plays out for the residents in Evansville.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Interesting , I never heard that they later attributed the booms to a small tremor.. ( if you could even call a 1.5 a tremor LOL) since you can't feel them anyways how would they make booms and vibrations... ahhh gullible sheeple will believe it no doubt.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

darn double post! lol

edit on 10-1-2013 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

Interesting , I never heard that they later attributed the booms to a small tremor.. ( if you could even call a 1.5 a tremor LOL) since you can't feel them anyways how would they make booms and vibrations... ahhh gullible sheeple will believe it no doubt.

Actually, I never heard of one resident that believed it. On social media and news comment sections the residents weren't buying it. About a week later after the original four nights, there were a couple more nights of booms and this time they had the experts on site. They then confirmed a 0.1 on the Richter. Lol, heavy traffic could have caused that. My theory...underground digging even though they said there were no mines in Clintonville, some sort of mining was going on. Probably government and for what, well, we can only wonder.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here's another news story on this

Something definitely going 'boom' in the night

Others speculated it could be a mine blast, but Evansville-based Vigo Coal, which operates in Boonville, said its permit prohibits blasting work from dusk to dawn. Sherman Greer, director of the Evansville-Vanderburgh County Emergency Management Agency, said authorities from several agencies have investigated, but all of them have been dead ends. "We checked with (Department of Homeland Security) in Indianapolis, we checked with the Indiana University Geological Survey, and they didn't have any specific evidence or anything like that," said Greer.

Greer declined to offer any guesses of his own about the sounds' cause, saying he wouldn't want to "put fear in anybody or anything like that."

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here is another thread about Evansville booms, one posted before I posted this one. Didn't find it in the search.

Above Top Secret...

And another one with a creepy video of the booms and some strange lights over Indianapolis

Above Top Secret...

Here's what the video poster had to say about it:

A series of mysterious booms over Indianapolis around 12:14 am on jan 7th 2013. I say three big ones total. when we heard the first one a few minutes before, i grabbed my phone because of all the sirens. the lights would have been in the northeast direction. I live in 46th & Sherman area. Last boom shook our house so hard it cracked a window. I don’t know if these are planes, Missiles or UFOs but my family was terrified

Here's a facebook quote, note how the poster says there is a chemical smell!

Could this be hydrogen sulfide or methane explosions?

Also, on the posts above there are many of the witnesses to these events saying that people all over Indiana and Kentucky are hearing these booms over the past few days.

If that video is authentic, this is getting creepy. Some skeptics have called the video a fake because of the sirens but he says that he started recording on his camera after a first boom and then the sirens started up.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

i have no scientific guess as to what this is nor can I add much value to the discussion but I do find it all odd on an epic level.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Its the ROOSKIES! Seriously though.....

top topics

join