It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signed new law and now I am really suspicious...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Obama Signs law giving himself, bush lifetime Secret Service Guard

President Barack Obama on Thursday signed into a law a measure giving him, George W. Bush and future former presidents and their spouses lifetime Secret Service protection, the White House announced.

No big deal right...

Problem is it was bi-partisan... sailed through the House and unopposed in the Senate

These people could not fix the budget but

1)Gave themselves a pay raise

2)and now this...

secret service protection for life...

I have bad feeling something is definitely coming down the Pike....

The only thing on the agenda is gun control... does not bode well at all

I check ats search not a thing on this

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Oh the ironies. This had been the case until Bush himself had it changed to 10 years following service. Now Obama is the one to get it back to life. Sometimes truth is more interesting than fiction anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Now this secret service, they will have less than 10 bullets and only use hunting rifles, right? Just making sure Obama doesn't 'mistakenly' do something hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If I think logically its not hard to see a scenario where each president to come faces harder and harder times here thus making people more desperate and more likely to do something really silly.

Why is that an issue?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I could see Obama's safety concerns considering his broken campaign promises and a generally dismal job.In fact if any budget cuts occur they better start with all the corrupted power brokers in Washington

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Does the secret service give them health security?
ie No matter what, they must stay alive ergo free state of the art health care
(heh, as if they wouldn't get that anyways)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

The "bi-partisan" laws are most dangerous ones.

edit on 10-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
To be honest, I thought that Presidents were already allowed Secret Service protection for life. I guess I was mistaken.

That said, in this day and age, I can't really blame him. If I recall, there was already one guy who shot at the whitehouse. I doubt he was hoping to hit the janitor...

Do I have a problem with this this law being passed? No...Not really( And it is pretty rare that I agree with him).

Though...I would prefer it if this did not come out of the tax payers wallet.... I'd rather it come out of the wallets of the president... After they leave office, I mean.

Popular or not, that is where I stand.
edit on 10-1-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is why I hoped Ron Paul would have been elected.he had plans to get rid of the taxpayer funded secret service and hire his own guards with his own money that he proposed could do a better job, at a tiny fraction of the price.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah man, don't you know.. it's easier for them to give themselves a raise and protection, than it is to balance the budget that's slowly going to drag us into oblivion.

It's all political theater.. it seems the only people who seem to care about all of the BS they are trying to pull on us, is us... the minority..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie
To be honest, I thought that Presidents were already allowed Secret Service protection for life. I guess I was mistaken.

That said, in this day and age, I can't really blame him. If I recall, there was already one guy who shot at the whitehouse. I doubt he was hoping to hit the janitor...

Do I have a problem with this this law being passed? No...Not really( And it is pretty rare that I agree with him).

Though...I would prefer it if this did not come out of the tax payers wallet.... I'd rather it come out of the wallets of the president... After they leave office, I mean.

Popular or not, that is where I stand.
edit on 10-1-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what you stated. I am not surprised, except, I too thought this was already the law. The Bi-partison thing doesn't raise any bells, I will assume that there is enough Intelligence out there that indicates the lives of the Presidents will always be at risks in today's world. Actually surprised Obama didn't just extend this to All living presidents....especially Clinton. Bottom-line, not surprised, not suspicious other than known threats.

Thanks for the post!

Cheers! ID

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh the ironies. This had been the case until Bush himself had it changed to 10 years following service. Now Obama is the one to get it back to life. Sometimes truth is more interesting than fiction anyway.

I was thinking it was for life. Didn't realize Bush had changed that.

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Now this secret service, they will have less than 10 bullets and only use hunting rifles, right? Just making sure Obama doesn't 'mistakenly' do something hypocritical.

Wouldn't that be something? No, it will be "do as I say, not as I do" as usual. You know, inflate your tires, and pinch pennies, while I go on multimillion dollar vacations on your dime sort of thing!

top topics

join